Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Trak Car v.3 in Good Hands

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Trak Car v.3 in Good Hands

Had a chance to meet Stephen tonight at PBIR...really, really nice guy and was having a ball in Peter's ex. Sorry you couldn't make it Peter - storm chased us out at 830ish....lots of cars out tonight.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:03 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

who is sponsoring/organizing those events at PBIR in the middle of the week ?
Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM
FLA997
Drifting

It's club member nights.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Orbit r
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy to see such a great car in great hands. Stephen is a perfect gentleman.
World needs more people like him.
Rob and Stephen, great to have you guys around as friends and also clients. We had a great time yesterday.
The Fiats 458 challenge were making our ears bleed.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Orbit Racing
I'm very happy to see such a great car in great hands. Stephen is a perfect gentleman.
World needs more people like him.
Rob and Stephen, great to have you guys around as friends and also clients. We had a great time yesterday.
The Fiats 458 challenge were making our ears bleed.
+1

Steve is a 1st class guy
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Yes, too bad I had to miss the fun at PBIR again, but I have some stomach bug that has me floored :-(. Hopefully better by tomorrow, I am signed up for Homestead Saturday.

+1 my car went to a great buyer/driver/guy!
Erik is dragging his feet on the pumpkin sale and Stephen will ship it to Vancouver after all I predict :-).
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

^ eric, just buy the damn car. then sell the pumpkin revert to stock and sell parts.

reter, my wife is doc.
she said if you have stomach flu, mix grey goose with stella artois and throw in a few slices of lemon then a table spoon of catchup then blended with ice and a bit of soy sauce. you be fine.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:43 AM
jenk12m
Banned

My stomach hurts just reading that
Old 06-15-2012, 04:12 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, too bad I had to miss the fun at PBIR again, but I have some stomach bug that has me floored :-(. Hopefully better by tomorrow, I am signed up for Homestead Saturday.

+1 my car went to a great buyer/driver/guy!
Erik is dragging his feet on the pumpkin sale and Stephen will ship it to Vancouver after all I predict :-).
You guys are too kind. I've enjoyed meeting all members of RL from Vancouver, Seattle, and Florida IRL!

Get well Peter! I ate everything you ate @ Tues dinner. So, I'm going to blame it on the booz that hampered you. I was on the brink of getting sick, so I took it light on the sake. I am sure if I hang out more in FL, my tolerance would be in the top 1 percentile for a Chinese male.

I just drove down to Little Palm Island for dinner with the wife (super recommendation Peter!) from West Palm Beach after leaving Brazilian Court (thanks Eddie for helping me find the hotel x2!) and checking-in at the Biltmore at Coral Gables. I've put on more than 1K miles on the car in a week and am falling in love with this car.

Will chat more about Sebring Winterfest in January at Homestead this weekend w/Peter, Eddie, etc. Great to have support here for trailering the car back and forth from the tracks so I DON'T need to register it! Could be a good plan to keep it in FL or take it home.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:51 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FLA997
Had a chance to meet Stephen tonight at PBIR...really, really nice guy and was having a ball in Peter's ex. Sorry you couldn't make it Peter - storm chased us out at 830ish....lots of cars out tonight.
Rob - great running together!

Here's a video of our last outing @ PBIR. I'll post earlier ones when they are uploaded. Looking forward to hearing about your 996 Cup future experiences! Enjoy!

Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Here's my only clean lap early on Sunday with the SmartyCam (yes, I know my poor lines, missed apexes, overcooked turn 7, no-quite straight-line braking, etc.). I was certainly a moving chicane with a 2:32 lap time. However, I am sure I knocked off at least a few seconds by day's end and cleaned up most of my early mistakes.

Will look forward to seeing how much under 2:30 I can get next time at Sebring.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

^ eric, just buy the damn car. then sell the pumpkin revert to stock and sell parts
I'm really trying. I have some interested parties but no one has committed yet. Can't afford the car if I don't sell my dear Pumpkin first.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:22 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Here's my only clean lap early on Sunday with the SmartyCam (yes, I know my poor lines, missed apexes, overcooked turn 7, no-quite straight-line braking, etc.). I was certainly a moving chicane with a 2:32 lap time. However, I am sure I knocked off at least a few seconds by day's end and cleaned up most of my early mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbo7tf13IW4
I should have gone out with you. It would have been the first time I would have got me keeping up w Peter's car on video
Old 06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ eric, just buy the damn car. then sell the pumpkin revert to stock and sell parts.

reter, my wife is doc.
she said if you have stomach flu, mix grey goose with stella artois and throw in a few slices of lemon then a table spoon of catchup then blended with ice and a bit of soy sauce. you be fine.
Erik is asleep at the wheel. I had already tried your wife's solution and I felt great Tuesday night, it took a few oversized bottles of Sake, but I clearly did not drink enough to kill the bug.

You guys are too kind. I've enjoyed meeting all members of RL from Vancouver, Seattle, and Florida IRL!

Get well Peter! I ate everything you ate @ Tues dinner. So, I'm going to blame it on the booz that hampered you. I was on the brink of getting sick, so I took it light on the sake. I am sure if I hang out more in FL, my tolerance would be in the top 1 percentile for a Chinese male.

I just drove down to Little Palm Island for dinner with the wife (super recommendation Peter!) from West Palm Beach after leaving Brazilian Court (thanks Eddie for helping me find the hotel x2!) and checking-in at the Biltmore at Coral Gables. I've put on more than 1K miles on the car in a week and am falling in love with this car.

Will chat more about Sebring Winterfest in January at Homestead this weekend w/Peter, Eddie, etc. Great to have support here for trailering the car back and forth from the tracks so I DON'T need to register it! Could be a good plan to keep it in FL or take it home.
So glad you are enjoying yourself and I also have to thank Eddie for taking over as host for me!

Rob - great running together!

Here's a video of our last outing @ PBIR. I'll post earlier ones when they are uploaded. Looking forward to hearing about your 996 Cup future experiences! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDiGRDq3s8
You had Sean Lewis there. That's cheating! Looked like fun, so crappy I missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbo7tf13IW4
I am 100 percent sure we did a couple seconds faster on Saturday!
Nice driving though, very smooth and in control with plenty of margin for error

Originally Posted by Erik
I'm really trying. I have some interested parties but no one has committed yet. Can't afford the car if I don't sell my dear Pumpkin first.
Stop crying, finance it for 4 weeks while you sell it. Then again, maybe Stephen just wants it more.

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I should have gone out with you. It would have been the first time I would have got me keeping up w Peter's car on video
LOL
Old 06-15-2012, 11:59 AM
FLA997
Drifting

That's pretty cool seeing the panoramic view of that thunderstorm approaching...

Quick Reply: Trak Car v.3 in Good Hands