Old 06-15-2012 | 12:19 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

+1. Just another Florida evening!
Old 06-15-2012 | 12:24 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I should have gone out with you. It would have been the first time I would have got me keeping up w Peter's car on video
You take too much flak from everyone. I am sure you're not as slow as everyone says. I am sure I am alone in moving chicane class without proof for better.

Yes, Eddie and Rodger from Orbit have been super hosts! I really can't say enough for Eddie though. First class customer service and just an all round great guy! Thanks again for dinner Tues night. It was fun to get the girls out too. Get well Peter!

Great to meet Scott (thanks for your Exit Speed book!) and Rob as well on Wed evening. Had a blast for sure. Felt like I was driving instead of fighting to stay alive from the Florida heat.
Old 06-15-2012 | 01:55 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SSTHO
You take too much flak from everyone. I am sure you're not as slow as everyone says. I am sure I am alone in moving chicane class without proof for better.
Pump the brakes! "Slow as everyone says"? Peter and Randy weren't much faster than me way back when they were slumming in .1 non-rs cars
Old 06-15-2012 | 02:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Pump the brakes! "Slow as everyone says"? Peter and Randy weren't much faster than me way back when they were slumming in .1 non-rs cars

I was running 2:24 5 months after I picked my the .1 gt3' my first Porsche. It was bone stock and not very well set up.

A year later we were running 2:23's. On RA1. I could keep up with Erik and Juan.
Old 06-15-2012 | 03:01 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

You and Randy are certainly better, more experienced drivers than I am. I just started getting serious with the hobby about 2 years ago with this particular car as well. Did some DE's with the last car, but it was just a few a year. It should be noted when you reference a years time that probably included 150 DE events I've done a 2:23.000 and can consistently do 224-225 with no drama or lawn mowing. Not the fastest guy out there, but I wouldn't consider me slow either. Relatively speaking I like to leave a little on the table so that if I "f" up I have some wiggle room.
Old 06-15-2012 | 03:28 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

@deputydog 2:23 on R6 and 415HP AeroBeetle at Sebring is still a lot faster than Chris Hall in 408HP wannabe-AeroBeetle.

These days Sebring is a lot slower, 2:23 is a Winterfest weather lap time, today it would be 2:26 on R6, 2:28 on RA1 and 2:30 on MPSS. You still have 3 seconds to extract from the driver, as the 997.1 GT3 (stock) on R6 should do 2:20 at Sebring with Winterfest weather, or 2:23 today.
Old 06-15-2012 | 03:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

You and Randy are certainly better, more experienced drivers than I am. I just started getting serious with the hobby about 2 years ago with this particular car as well. Did some DE's with the last car, but it was just a few a year. It should be noted when you reference a years time that probably included 150 DE events I've done a 2:23.000 and can consistently do 224-225 with no drama or lawn mowing. Not the fastest guy out there, but I wouldn't consider me slow either. Relatively speaking I like to leave a little on the table so that if I "f" up I have some wiggle room.

I think you are screwing yourself with car setup and experimenting.
Set it up once, pick tire and brake pads and just drive it.

Those laptimes are on R6 or no?
Old 06-15-2012 | 03:30 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I know where DeputyDog is losing 2 easy seconds right now just by looking at video, but I won't say anything, because I still want to play in the Coffee Cup with the stock Coxster.
Old 06-15-2012 | 03:51 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Next time you guys do that, let me know. I will schedule a business trip to south FL...
Old 06-15-2012 | 04:49 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Agreed. I need to quit f'ing with it. Every time I make a change its a whole new series of driving adjustments. Yes, R6. Times were similar on shaved RA1. I don't push the R6 nearly as hard as they could be pushed. I get to a certain point and quit regardless of grip. Since the R6 is killing me financially and I'm not using the extra 2-3 seconds available anyway, I plan on switching to the NT01 and be done with it. That will be my official tire moving forward. And at $1100 a set shipped, the price is right too.

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
@deputydog 2:23 on R6 and 415HP AeroBeetle at Sebring is still a lot faster than Chris Hall in 408HP wannabe-AeroBeetle.

These days Sebring is a lot slower, 2:23 is a Winterfest weather lap time, today it would be 2:26 on R6, 2:28 on RA1 and 2:30 on MPSS. You still have 3 seconds to extract from the driver, as the 997.1 GT3 (stock) on R6 should do 2:20 at Sebring with Winterfest weather, or 2:23 today.
Agreed. I'd like to take off at least 1.5 seconds. Not sure where the other 1.5 would come from. As I said before, I like to leave a little on the table.

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I know where DeputyDog is losing 2 easy seconds right now just by looking at video, but I won't say anything, because I still want to play in the Coffee Cup with the stock Coxster.
Not nice. Share! Bear in mind, that video is street tires so the driving style is far more conservative. I'm coasting through BB which is probably good for a 1/2 to a full second right there versus typical consistent 50-60% throttle input.
Old 06-15-2012 | 05:16 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Agreed. I need to quit f'ing with it. Every time I make a change its a whole new series of driving adjustments. Yes, R6. Times were similar on shaved RA1. I don't push the R6 nearly as hard as they could be pushed. I get to a certain point and quit regardless of grip. Since the R6 is killing me financially and I'm not using the extra 2-3 seconds available anyway, I plan on switching to the NT01 and be done with it. That will be my official tire moving forward. And at $1100 a set shipped, the price is right too.

Agreed. I'd like to take off at least 1.5 seconds. Not sure where the other 1.5 would come from. As I said before, I like to leave a little on the table.

Not nice. Share! Bear in mind, that video is street tires so the driving style is far more conservative. I'm coasting through BB which is probably good for a 1/2 to a full second right there versus typical consistent 50-60% throttle input.
If I told you I would have to modify the Coxster. I would let the other Aero Beetle drovers find out what I see and help you go faster.

Tip: no changes on your driving line at all, it is a mathematical explanation on why you're going 2 secs slower.

Coxster drivers don't let Aero Beetle drivers do faster.
Old 06-15-2012 | 05:36 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I thought you had a gayman, not a coxster.
Old 06-15-2012 | 06:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Dd loses the most time short shifting, way too early braking for 17, not downshifting to 3rd into 1 and coasting into 3.
Old 06-15-2012 | 06:15 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dd loses the most time short shifting, way too early braking for 17, not downshifting to 3rd into 1 and coasting into 3.
Correct!

Driving a 415Hp like a 350Hp car makes it lose 65Hp (biggest loss), not using 2nd gear at T7/T10/T13, coasting in 4th from T1 to T3.

Somewhere in the 1.5-2.0 secs lost.
Old 06-15-2012 | 06:18 PM
Orbit r
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SSTHO

Yes, Eddie and Rodger from Orbit have been super hosts! I really can't say enough for Eddie though. First class customer service and just an all round great guy! Thanks again for dinner Tues night. It was fun to get the girls out too. Get well Peter!

Great to meet Scott (thanks for your Exit Speed book!) and Rob as well on Wed evening. Had a blast for sure. Felt like I was driving instead of fighting to stay alive from the Florida heat.
It's a pleasure Stephen !

See you tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Trak Car v.3 in Good Hands