Laguna Seca July 8th/ DB question

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:18 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Laguna Seca July 8th/ DB question

Hey Lads,

So I'm heading there in July. I will probably see the usual suspects. Quick question, I have an exhaust on my car now, and now that the DBA has dropped to 90, how are you guys passing ? Lifting ? Any other choice besides lifting ?

Mine as well take a Prius to the track

Enrique
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

check out this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...2-seconds.html

I am still not exactly clear on where the electric vacuum switch is....but if you find it let me know. When I have some free time I will be trying to find it.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:39 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 383 Posts

Super easy. Right side of the engine bay.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Yes this works. If for some reason it does not, then you can disconnect the hoses and connect them. It worked great in march and I did not lift and I have a 11 gt3 rs with a sharks bypass.

No problems.

Good luck
Old 05-18-2012, 03:20 AM
tredirtyfive
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone have any idea whether this method work with Akra Sport cup?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enrique, didn't you have straight pipes at some point? Did they pass at Laguna? If not by how much?
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by tredirtyfive
does anyone have any idea whether this method work with Akra Sport cup?
Sport Cup is direct to cats with side mufflers removed. So...no. You will be honking 100+ db easily.

Personally I choose to not support tracks/local economies that don't support me. After playing the BS Laguna Seca sound game for two years I have decided to spend my money at other tracks. Fxxx Laguna Seca is how I feel.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:50 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Wait, the limit is now 90dB instead of 92dB? When did this happen?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:46 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
Sport Cup is direct to cats with side mufflers removed. So...no. You will be honking 100+ db easily.

Personally I choose to not support tracks/local economies that don't support me. After playing the BS Laguna Seca sound game for two years I have decided to spend my money at other tracks. Fxxx Laguna Seca is how I feel.
I like your approach...but I can only do so many days at Willow Springs (etc). Chuckwalla is a great new-ish track, but it is off limits right now due to heat. Spring Mt. is supposed to be heaven on earth, but events there for the commoners like me seem few and far between. Around here there are a handful of options, but nothing really world class that I'm dying to return to wknd after wknd. Variety becomes mandatory!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes laguna seca is now 90 db. Total BS...I don't think even with this on-that it will work Does anyone know where to get those sound benders that point the exhaust elsewhere at the tips ?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:11 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Yeah, big PITA. Don't know if it will work for sure, won't find out til I get there and get black flagged.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Yes laguna seca is now 90 db. Total BS...I don't think even with this on-that it will work Does anyone know where to get those sound benders that point the exhaust elsewhere at the tips ?
What the? With a 90dB limit, there are going a LOT of STOCK cars that won't pass sound. Anybody with an aftermarket exhaust will get black flagged now too. What are they trying to do? It's going to be a disaster....
Old 05-18-2012, 07:30 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by drl
I like your approach...but I can only do so many days at Willow Springs (etc). Chuckwalla is a great new-ish track, but it is off limits right now due to heat. Spring Mt. is supposed to be heaven on earth, but events there for the commoners like me seem few and far between. Around here there are a handful of options, but nothing really world class that I'm dying to return to wknd after wknd. Variety becomes mandatory!
Spring Mountain is a great track with management and surrounding community that supports folks like us. If it weren't an 8 hour drive for me, I would be signed up as a member in a freaking heartbeat.

Originally Posted by orthojoe
What the? With a 90dB limit, there are going a LOT of STOCK cars that won't pass sound. Anybody with an aftermarket exhaust will get black flagged now too. What are they trying to do? It's going to be a disaster....
Laguna Seca doesn't want trackers. It will become clear to the deepest deniers among us with the fullness of time. Let's revisit this thread in five )or three or two) years when LS will be closed to all but the occasional race. That community does not want you or me there. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can begin to enjoy other tracks...that want you to run there.

You guys can play dodge the other guys backyard rigged exhaust that fell off on track, or not dodge and cut your tires. Or play games with forcing closed exhaust valving and subject your engine and exhaust system to backpressure that it was never designed to cope with. When these things happen, add that to your calculation of what it costs to run at a track that doesn't want you there in the first place...
Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by savyboy
Laguna Seca doesn't want trackers. It will become clear to the deepest deniers among us with the fullness of time. Let's revisit this thread in five )or three or two) years when LS will be closed to all but the occasional race. That community does not want you or me there. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can begin to enjoy other tracks...that want you to run there.

You guys can play dodge the other guys backyard rigged exhaust that fell off on track, or not dodge and cut your tires. Or play games with forcing closed exhaust valving and subject your engine and exhaust system to backpressure that it was never designed to cope with. When these things happen, add that to your calculation of what it costs to run at a track that doesn't want you there in the first place...
So sad, but true. One the three reasons that I use to justify the cost of living in the Bay area may be disappearing...

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca July 8th/ DB question