Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

A prelude to my dream car ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 03:43 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Mike, I do keep looking for RS (agreed I probably should not be) on dealers lots and the one at Sunset piqued my interest for two reasons. 1. It is the color scheme I would want when I eventually get one and 2. It has zero options other than PCCB which would be my kinda spec. How hard would it be to find a greyblack/red with no radio and nav in good condition three years from now. I don't know. One part of me tells me buy the RS now while they are still pristine, store it and still continue to learn proper driving from the air-cooled track car.
The other half tells me don't spend that kinda money if you are not going to track the RS anytime soon, instead spend that money on coaches, track fee, maintenance on the existing fleet and see if the RS is what you truly want in 3 years from now ... may be the '76 will give me 90 % of the smiles (or more) that the RS would ever give me at 1/5th the cost of entry and maintenance. I still think the RS is a very special car though. And one thing for sure. I do love the track so tat question was answered a couple of days back with my first foray into the track. We'll see where this journey takes me. Perhaps reserve the RS funds for a 356 speedster or a long hood early S !!

Quick Reply: A prelude to my dream car ...