Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 363 Posts

Want to drive Boxilla? :-)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,669 Likes on 861 Posts

ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that car!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 669 Likes on 363 Posts

I have a new race seat. Sold the GT3 Recaros. Should be even more fun!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

OK, let's figure out timing. I am already riding with a Super Solo drover in one of the Saturday solo sessions. So maybe earlier in the day, or better yet on Sunday. We'll sort it out in person..
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
My front drivers side wheel looked to be pushed way out to the edge almost past the front fender. While the passengers side wheel was more inset. I showed this to a few other places and they couldn't figure out why. My lower control arms had the same amount of shims they would tell me but they couldn't figure it out. Well it took Steve at Orbit all,of 15 sec to see that my front subframe was shifted over to the drivers side.
After our lunch discussion that day I called that subframe misalignment!!!

Good news.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 611 Posts

Throw me in as another one who doesn't view the GTS as lowly. I'd put it in my top 3-5 favorite 997s at any price.

And you are something of a hero around these parts...a clear reminder to all of us on how to live. I may live a long ways away, but I hope I'll get a chance to meet you sooner or later.

pete
Old 05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts

LOL...the lowly is a joke amongst friends....I call it lowly because the group of DE track friends I hang with have uber baller RS and .2 GT3's.

The lowly GTS (just joking again) needs GT3 sized brakes and some sort of height adjustable coil over, baller suspension joints like Izzone has and the rubber junk removed....GTS has tons of rubber mounted everywhere...even more than a real GT3 car. That stuff and more coaching and better tires and I might get out of the Coffee Cup Series of GT3DE Cup.
thought about installing the GT3 PASM? - find someone that has swapped it out for someone expensive and buy their PASM system....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I am doing my current contract with PBOC, where I observe all Super Solo and Solo/Instructor drivers from various corners throughout the weekend, and then give debriefs on why I observed each driver doing for those interested after each session. I am prettty sure I will also be driving a couple of cars to help lay down some data.
Ok..well you'll be observing me...I'm all ears for any help you can throw at me.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Ok..well you'll be observing me...I'm all ears for any help you can throw at me.
My pleasure!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:22 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
thought about installing the GT3 PASM? - find someone that has swapped it out for someone expensive and buy their PASM system....
I actually have....Eddie at Orbit mentioned this to me too. I would need the PASM GT3 control unit and the coilovers to make it all work. I haven't seen anyone selling a .2 GT3 set of shocks/springs and PASM control unit though.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I actually have....Eddie at Orbit mentioned this to me too. I would need the PASM GT3 control unit and the coilovers to make it all work. I haven't seen anyone selling a .2 GT3 set of shocks/springs and PASM control unit though.
i do not think it is worth doing. ditch pasm and go with eihter JRZ or Motons, 2 way shocks on proper stiffer springs. you will love to have compression/rebound adjustments available to you.
also get upper gt3 strut mounts rear/front as they have steel monoballs, then rotate front ones to get more space in front between springs and tire so your 9" wide front wheel will accept 265/275 rubber.

you will be amazed how well car goes on 275 compared to 245 in front.

ps. also put on adjustable front fork(thrust) arms to setup custom caster - to make it equal on both sides. stock arms do not let to do that.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by excmag
Throw me in as another one who doesn't view the GTS as lowly. I'd put it in my top 3-5 favorite 997s at any price.

And you are something of a hero around these parts...a clear reminder to all of us on how to live. I may live a long ways away, but I hope I'll get a chance to meet you sooner or later.

pete
Would love to meet you too...read your stuff in excellence every month. Hero?... no way..not me....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i do not think it is worth doing. ditch pasm and go with eihter JRZ or Motons, 2 way shocks on proper stiffer springs. you will love to have compression/rebound adjustments available to you.
also get upper gt3 strut mounts rear/front as they have steel monoballs, then rotate front ones to get more space in front between springs and tire so your 9" wide front wheel will accept 265/275 rubber.

you will be amazed how well car goes on 275 compared to 245 in front.
Really confused about what brand of shocks/springs to get;

KW....Orbit likes KW...but a friend of mine in Tampa went through 4 KW V3 shocks in a little over a year with street driving. V3 are priced in my range at $3k, the Clubsports are at $4k...I could maybe do those. I know Manthey and Brumos run them. ViperBob on these forums told me to stay away from KW. I do not want any issues and down time. I can't ford to take car to Orbit all the time to remove shocks for warranty issues and re-do alignments .

Moton...I was told they are not the same since they were sold. Plus they are $6k and out of my league and take more labor time to assemble and install.

JRZ....was told good shocks but require regular maintenance if tracked. Why?

Ohlins, Penske, Sachs.....$10k set up...uber baller and way out of my league.

Bilstein Damptronics....was told by some these are good no issues last a long time...others say they ride like a truck and horrible on the track. TPC likes them, ViperBob suggested them to me.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,631 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Really confused about what brand of shocks/springs to get;

KW....Orbit likes KW...but a friend of mine in Tampa went through 4 KW V3 shocks in a little over a year with street driving. V3 are priced in my range at $3k, the Clubsports are at $4k...I could maybe do those. I know Manthey and Brumos run them. ViperBob on these forums told me to stay away from KW. I do not want any issues and down time. I can't ford to take car to Orbit all the time to remove shocks for warranty issues and re-do alignments .

Moton...I was told they are not the same since they were sold. Plus they are $6k and out of my league and take more labor time to assemble and install.

JRZ....was told good shocks but require regular maintenance if tracked. Why?

Ohlins, Penske, Sachs.....$10k set up...uber baller and way out of my league.

Bilstein Damptronics....was told by some these are good no issues last a long time...others say they ride like a truck and horrible on the track. TPC likes them, ViperBob suggested them to me.
Yep Manthey use KW. I am sure that someone on this forum has "thrown out" their PASM shocks and would sell them for a reasonable price, get the control unit as a "spare" part... Ive never seen any reports on the damptronics; they may be a better option for the 7.1 guys, not sure about 7.2's though ... all depends if you want to retain PASM or not ...
Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

AST bought Moton. Look at them as well, pretty decent kit. Also, Motion Control is worth checking out.

Quick Reply: Lowly GTS Went To Orbit!