Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Big Guy Guide to GT3 Race Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 03:23 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

If you're a bigger guy you probably won't fit in most bride seats, they are tight. I'm 6' 150 lbs 31 waist and most brides are tight on me. I use the SPG XL's because I street drive the car sometimes and they are comfortable, a little bit loose but still way better than stock seats.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:23 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok, this subject is on top of my list via different thread, but still have unanswered questions.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ag-system.html

I also want the Recaro seat. But, not willing to go forward with entire air bag system disabled (without factory seat air bag) per Porsche. Still trying to understand if this is accurate or sales pitch. I need more aggressive race seat for 3-5 track events, while keeping street capability.

If remove my factory loaded electric seats in my Turbo with Recaro, will trip air bag light, but CAN I have it reset such that remainder of air bag system works properly for street use?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:11 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider89
Ok, this subject is on top of my list via different thread, but still have unanswered questions.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ag-system.html

I also want the Recaro seat. But, not willing to go forward with entire air bag system disabled (without factory seat air bag) per Porsche. Still trying to understand if this is accurate or sales pitch. I need more aggressive race seat for 3-5 track events, while keeping street capability.

If remove my factory loaded electric seats in my Turbo with Recaro, will trip air bag light, but CAN I have it reset such that remainder of air bag system works properly for street use?
If you want to retain full airbags get GT2 seats. Otherwise you can disable the warning light just the thorax airbag which you will be removing in the stock seat while keep the steering wheel/dash airbags active. Need a PIWIS or Durametric pro to do this, very easy.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That is good news. The Porsche dealership said no way to enable the rest of air bag system (excluding seats), thus forcing GT2 style. I am OK with not having seat bag, as long as rest are active during normal street driving. May need to work with different shop.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:02 AM
Astrix
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
If you're a bigger guy you probably won't fit in most bride seats, they are tight. I'm 6' 150 lbs 31 waist and most brides are tight on me. I use the SPG XL's because I street drive the car sometimes and they are comfortable, a little bit loose but still way better than stock seats.

I had Bride Zeta 2 many years back, awesome seat.. but I'm now more like size 38 versus 32-34 back then. too much =

And good notes on the Airbag stuff too :thumb:

Quick Reply: Big Guy Guide to GT3 Race Seats