Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PBOC Sebring Springfest May 19 & 20

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012 | 11:10 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek
Pete's cool as hell. Get what he is saying for sure, just didn't entirely agree with his assessment.

I will now go ahead and use your toe to toe reference. "last session was classic as randy and I went toe to toe"
Originally Posted by Izzone
The biggest problem most de drivers have is they NEVER check their mirrors

I applaud the Greek for using his mirrors, it's good practice for when I convince him to race
Checking your mirrors is one thing. . Allowing the mirror to influence your driving is a whole nother story.

Peter
Old 05-20-2012 | 11:17 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Checking your mirrors is one thing. . Allowing the mirror to influence your driving is a whole nother story.

Peter
This was Greek first time super solo, so mirror driving is new

He will get used to it
Old 05-20-2012 | 11:18 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
haha!
pete is just looking out for you.
it's very hard to drive when we keep checking the mirrors, we start missing a lot of turn in, and braking points.....i had a guy who used to do it to me; i couldn't see his bumper, just his eyes, laughing through the helmet. reter and randy have been dancing partners for a long time, so they sorta know each other's moves quite well when contingency plan comes into effect. it's a dynamique that comes over time. now that reter is going after juan, randy wants to play with you. that's cool! just get to know each other a little better first!
ALL GOOD!
Yes, I miss chasing mi amigo reter

He gets 4.0, my car goes to orbit for tsb updates . At that point he will wish he never bought a 4.0
Old 05-20-2012 | 11:49 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Mike. Everyone's time was 2-4 sec off except fast Eddie. You were driving great. It was slick and my first time on new hoosiers didnt notice any better grip cause it was so slick i was 2 sec slower than kuhmo times And you didn't go off like many of us.
Old 05-21-2012 | 12:28 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Nick,

You don't need Chris Hall to tell you to stop overdriving the car
For real. While Nick likely doesn't desire my opinion, the corners where I observed him and Randy yesterday and today showed the truth to what you're saying. I was actually glad he kept PSM and traction control on, as they likely allowed that beautiful black GT3 to make it home in one piece...

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Best lap was a 2:18.5 with multiples mid 19s. .
Eddie, very nice to finally meet you and Rad. And Gavin!

Hella good lap times there today!! You were definitely at or slightly beyond the limit in a few corners when I was watching from them...as was Clarke...but you always reeled it in. You have quick hands & always seems way ahead of the car from where I was watching.

Originally Posted by mdrums
VR was there watching us in turns and even told me my tires where screeching and howling. My times were off around 2-4 secs!
Yes, your tires had a definite audio track yesterday!
Old 05-21-2012 | 05:42 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Peter
EXACTLY!
two different, distinct things..........

randy - i was talking about a bloke (in the same model car) who would say "ladies first", and insist you leave pitlane in front of him, then park within a metre of your bumper for 20 minutes continuous. that was my introduction to trackdays!
Old 05-21-2012 | 08:38 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
For real. While Nick likely doesn't desire my opinion, the corners where I observed him and Randy yesterday and today showed the truth to what you're saying. I was actually glad he kept PSM and traction control on, as they likely allowed that beautiful black GT3 to make it home in one piece...

Eddie, very nice to finally meet you and Rad. And Gavin!

Hella good lap times there today!! You were definitely at or slightly beyond the limit in a few corners when I was watching from them...as was Clarke...but you always reeled it in. You have quick hands & always seems way ahead of the car from where I was watching.

Yes, your tires had a definite audio track yesterday!
Hey Dave, my pleasure. Agree with that, grip was constantly changed, and the tires changed a lot after about 4 laps. Second session was a lot cleaner.
Thanks for your input.
Old 05-21-2012 | 08:59 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Correct. No desire whatsoever....

This was Greek first time super solo, so mirror driving is new

He will get used to it
First time in Super Solo. I overdrove car for sure. Always correctable. Just need to make more "adjustments."

Agreed. Very well said Peter.

Mike. Everyone's time was 2-4 sec off except fast Eddie. You were driving great. It was slick and my first time on new hoosiers didnt notice any better grip cause it was so slick i was 2 sec slower than kuhmo times And you didn't go off like many of us.
Very slick out there. Kim, awesome time this weekend. Mike, look into RA1'S or NT01's. Burke is going to try NT01's all around soon, so we will know 100% if they work, or better yet, how well they work....
Old 05-21-2012 | 09:55 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek
Correct. No desire whatsoever....

It's too bad, because it's your loss. I try to help everybody...
Old 05-21-2012 | 10:07 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

nick i drove nittos for a yr not great grip..once i started kuhmos and now hoosiers, i need that grip to even see your tailights...but may get a set of nittos again to keep the play level with andrew He and i were on hoosiers and lets just say he was a shrinking item in my mirror all day

mk
Old 05-21-2012 | 10:18 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mkk62
nick i drove nittos for a yr not great grip..once i started kuhmos and now hoosiers, i need that grip to even see your tailights...but may get a set of nittos again to keep the play level with andrew He and i were on hoosiers and lets just say he was a shrinking item in my mirror all day

mk
Hahaha. We gave him crap for losing to you. I think he was to busy singing Jesus Karaoke all day at Pit 78 Church Group.

I'm surprised you think NT01's are slower. I absolutely love them as a front tire. Last long and good grip. Never tried Khumo's though, but Burke didn't seem to like them. Hear good things about them though. Staying as far away from Hoosiers as possible. Don't need crack.
Old 05-21-2012 | 10:50 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

nick thought you were on hoosiers? no?
if not kudos for you keeping up with randy......PS try tc/psm off..more fun

mk
Old 05-21-2012 | 10:56 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Eddie, this GoPro file is almost 4Gb and it wont play anywhere in my PC. I'm sending it via FTP to see if you can do anything with it.

Fiat let me down for the first time in 26 track days, 12,000 miles and multiple autoX and drag races. The differential threw a warning message (SLOW DOWN) in 2 sessions back at Sebring a month ago on day 2, it was really hot (93 degrees air, 130 degrees track), so I slowed down and warning went away. Then during the bedding in on my pads past Friday, it showed a Red warning with the E-DIFF. No information in my F430 workshop manual other than bring the car to service.

So, I drove the car on the first session on Sunday, and it lasted 10 minutes, the car switched to Sport mode which is only next to Rain mode, but 4 levels down from where I run (all nannies off). It was the worse experience I have had at the track, all 4 tires were braking independently on turn entry, mid-turn, and turn exit. The gas pedal was being interrupted continuously by the SC, the car was shifting by itself instead of holding gears, and rev limiter was switching between normal and 8200 rpm. Horrible, not happy.

Very likely my F1 pump could be fried, but need to confirm with an independent shop in South Florida, as we could not read the error code from the E-DIFF ECU through the ODB2 port, it needs a $30k diagnose system than few shops have.

Aero Beetles:1
Fiat: 0
Old 05-21-2012 | 10:58 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mkk62
nick thought you were on hoosiers? no?
if not kudos for you keeping up with randy......PS try tc/psm off..more fun

mk
Nope. 305 RA1's in rear, 245 NT01's up front. Half of the time I drive with it off, but this weekend was way to slippery for me. Best time with nannies off was a 2:22 in winter time.

I could tell you were having a blast, especially in T7. : )
Old 05-21-2012 | 11:03 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Springfest Sebring Results

Platinum DE Cup:
1st: M3EvoBR (iphone data, no video). R6. 2:18.xxx
2nd: GT3DE (iphone data, no video). R6. 2:19.xxx

Gold DE Cup:
1st: Detour (legit, data and video). Old R6. 2:21.5
2nd: The Greek (no data, no video). NT01/RA1. 2:22.xxx
3rd: Izzone (legit times from Traqmate and video). RA1. 2:23.xxx

Cup of Coffee DE:
No results yet. mdrums was no show on Sunday, DeputyDog was running a good pace in the Coffee Cup, but not sure if he made it to the Gold DE Cup (anything under 2:25).

Moving Chicane DE Cup:
Last Place: Fiat. I will post videos later.

Last edited by NJ-GT; 05-21-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Detour times

Quick Reply: PBOC Sebring Springfest May 19 & 20