jenk12m
Banned

Eddie you mentioned narrow sized tires. What sizes were you running
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:10 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Eddie,

When people spend more money on safety they get virtuous really quick. You are correct that a crash running 2:20 and 2:18 are the same and there is no real difference. I watched a CTS V that went off in turn 8 at Road America around 120 mph with brake failure rolled over and totaled. Driver walked away with a bruise on his arm. The new cars are really safe with stock safety equipment.

Peter
For time trial type racing u are correct

Open passing / wheel to wheel de u are incorrect, u spin , someone misses a flag and t bones u it's a different story
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:13 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Eddie you mentioned narrow sized tires. What sizes were you running
315 in the rear, just like a narrow body GT3.
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:19 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

In retrospect I could have worded that better....
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:43 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
For time trial type racing u are correct

Open passing / wheel to wheel de u are incorrect, u spin , someone misses a flag and t bones u it's a different story
Randy,

I'll give you that. I watch GT3DE Cup video's and cringe at the risks you all are taking running nose to tail. I never would have pushed the Greek that hard as he was scary in a lot of turns. You and Peter seem to keep it under better control than others.

Peter
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:50 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek
In retrospect I could have worded that better....
toe to toe?
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:01 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Any feedback on the car Mike ?
The new adjustable sway bars are helping that the car is not leaning over a lot, and generally felt more planted at times especially in T1 bumps and T 17 bumps...just what I wanted and I HIGHLY recommend these to any Carrera S/GTS or Turbo S PDK car that see's the track. On the street I can't tell any difference so that is good too.

My times were not any better as I was on a freebie wore out set of MPSC that Doc GTO gave me...to get me through this last de till fall. The tires had no grip or I should say they would grip, I would lean on them some and then instant zero grip. Lots of ABS into the brake zones where I use to not get any...T7 brake zone seemed really slippery as did T10 brake zone. Also T16 apex and track out was slippery.

I felt I drove horrible the 1st 2 sessions. I got a little more brave and in tune to the car the last 2 sessions. Threshold braking in T7 or coming out of Bishops caused the cars rear end to sway all over (The Greek noticed this too), Deputy Dog followed me around for some laps and my driving was a mess I thought...hopefully he will post up a video. Get on the power and rear end would kick out, 4 wheel drifts in T10, T16 was a mess. VR was there watching us in turns and even told me my tires where screeching and howling. My times were off around 2-4 secs!
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:16 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Come on Pete, easy....

I missed the apexes watching Randy, but I was always in control of the car. I think "scary" is exaggerating. Over drove the car. It's as simple as that.

Just say thank you for the video providing entrainment. : )
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:20 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

all old man is saying is that fun can turn to ****, in milliseconds.
driving is one thing, experience is another. he has seen **** happen before, and it happens very quickly.
he is just saying, be careful when running so close to each other. it's more randy who should realise and back off a little, but he can't help himself when he finds new faces to bully.
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:40 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Pete's cool as hell. Get what he is saying for sure, just didn't entirely agree with his assessment.

I will now go ahead and use your toe to toe reference. "last session was classic as randy and I went toe to toe"
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:49 PM
Detour
Advanced

Originally Posted by Izzone
USA vs Greece

USA with stability control / TC off

Greece using Porshce stability to guide them around track

Both of us threw up some dust clouds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew71a...ature=youtu.be
Holy rattling skulls Batman, mount the camera in a better spot! This video may show the reason for the Greek's propensity to wear pink tutu's... Someone was all over that _ _ _....
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:50 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

haha!
pete is just looking out for you.
it's very hard to drive when we keep checking the mirrors, we start missing a lot of turn in, and braking points.....i had a guy who used to do it to me; i couldn't see his bumper, just his eyes, laughing through the helmet. reter and randy have been dancing partners for a long time, so they sorta know each other's moves quite well when contingency plan comes into effect. it's a dynamique that comes over time. now that reter is going after juan, randy wants to play with you. that's cool! just get to know each other a little better first!
ALL GOOD!
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:54 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Pete's cool as hell. Get what he is saying for sure, just didn't entirely agree with his assessment.

I will now go ahead and use your toe to toe reference. "last session was classic as randy and I went toe to toe"
Nick,

Guess it is me, if I was doing that much over driving, going wide in 17, turn 10 and 13 missed apex and combined with a fair amount of sliding I would personally pit because my head was not in the game. I learned this lesson the hard way to the tune of $16,000 and carry the bent front toe hook in the truck as a reminder.
Old 05-20-2012 | 10:58 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

There are certain people I like to go toe to toe with

Greek is a good friend, we know the risk

Yes he was overdriving a bit, but PSM kept him in the game

I have been begging a few of my close DE friends to buy 996cup so we can wheel to wheel race, hopefully one will follow suit soon....when I quit racing as a kid, I swore no more.....but I miss the action
Old 05-20-2012 | 11:01 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
haha!
pete is just looking out for you.
it's very hard to drive when we keep checking the mirrors, we start missing a lot of turn in, and braking points.....i had a guy who used to do it to me; i couldn't see his bumper, just his eyes, laughing through the helmet. reter and randy have been dancing partners for a long time, so they sorta know each other's moves quite well when contingency plan comes into effect. it's a dynamique that comes over time. now that reter is going after juan, randy wants to play with you. that's cool! just get to know each other a little better first!
ALL GOOD!
The biggest problem most de drivers have is they NEVER check their mirrors

I applaud the Greek for using his mirrors, it's good practice for when I convince him to race

Quick Reply: PBOC Sebring Springfest May 19 & 20