Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Does anyone know this crashed .2 GT3 from LA, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooshe
I have seen this car....trust me, there is more than the estimated repair cost in this car.

Also, there are a few little things missing here and there on the car besides the rear GT3 plate.

I am trying to find the insurance company who totalled it to find out what the real story is. When the insurance company totals a car, it is usually because the damage is 75-80% of the car's wholesale value.
Let me know if you find any info. I have an old friend that loves these projects like me, but he can't get any additional info on the history.

I noticed the top middle screws missing from the rear bumper and the cut outs on the carpet from the roll bar.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:37 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Why don't you just buy an unbroken example for $93k? Then, if you must have a crashed car, take it to the track and run a little wide somewhere. Then you can take it home and fix it.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Fooshe
I have seen this car....trust me, there is more than the estimated repair cost in this car.

Also, there are a few little things missing here and there on the car besides the rear GT3 plate.

I am trying to find the insurance company who totalled it to find out what the real story is. When the insurance company totals a car, it is usually because the damage is 75-80% of the car's wholesale value.
Thanks for the information. I don't know much about this Copart business but it appears to be extremely risky to bid if you aren't able to inspect or have a trusted agent inspect the vehicle.

I noticed missing items that had nothing to do the with the wreck, that is why I borught up the "GT3" logo plate. I noticed the interior "GT3" logo plate missing on another GT3 as well. Maybe the owners took those as a souvenir after the wreck.

I cannot see bidding on these vehicles if people are taking parts off the car up until the auction close.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this crashed .2 GT3 from LA, CA?