Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Just installed; sharkwerks bypass!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Space Coast GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Just installed; sharkwerks bypass!

I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get a great deal on a Sharkwerks bipass pipe. Friend took it off before selling his car. Double lucky as just last week someone had posted the install instructions. (I think this may have been the Sharkwerk's folks) This pipe is awsome! Direct fit. I did not have to take off rear wheels. I found by jacking one rear tire at a time I could easily reach in and undo both tork screws (one for bumper and one for side heat shield). Only challenge is getting to the top bolt bolting the side ring to the middle muffler. A universal joint on the socket was definately needed. Took me about 4 hours.

And now the sound: Amazing. Makes my GT3 sound more "Porsche". A deeper sound, even with sport button off. I really like it. Does not appear any louder without the sport button. Press the sport button and it has an even better lower deep rumble. Get out on the road, turn on sport button, press on the gas... and Oh. My. Gosh... this thing rocks! It is not too loud. Just better. Did not dround the cabin. Challenge is I now want to get on the gas all the time!

Perfect instructions, perfect fit, perfect sound. +1 for the folks at Sharkwerks.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Agree with your comments.
I had mine installed a week ago & cannot contain myself; the sound it awesome! I love it!!
I find myself driving with the windows down most of the time, flooring the throttle at everywhere; this could be a problem with all the 5/0 around.

Do yourself a favor & have someone drive your car a few times while you stand & watch; jaw dropping!
Old 04-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Space Coast GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Now there is an idea I didn't think of! Thanks for the tip Nan P. And I find my Valentine 1 comes in handy.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Nan P
Pro

I love all 911's; have been a fan since my teens. & to watch your own car driving by & hearing that sound is awesome!
Yes, it's time I invest in a detector
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

sharkwerks bi-pass and radar detectors go hand in hand

the bi-pass is so much fun at speed! shifting gears at high rpm. just fantastic!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
GolfTango3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put mine on three weeks ago.

Only downside I have seen is that my fuel economy dropped by 1 mpg. I keep driving in a lower gear to hear more of the howl this product generates.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Nan P
Pro

Originally Posted by tcsracing1

the bi-pass is so much fun at speed! shifting gears at high rpm. just fantastic!
+1!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

OP, roll down windows, go under a low bridge/overpass at 4000-4500 rpm, floor it right when you get under it
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

there is a long tunnel in Vancouver that i pass through on the way to their local track...... as soon as i see it i become a teenager and roll down the windows and hit the sport button!

just a funny reflex...... but alas i still do it....
Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Space Coast GT3
I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get a great deal on a Sharkwerks bipass pipe. Friend took it off before selling his car. Double lucky as just last week someone had posted the install instructions. (I think this may have been the Sharkwerk's folks) This pipe is awsome! Direct fit. I did not have to take off rear wheels. I found by jacking one rear tire at a time I could easily reach in and undo both tork screws (one for bumper and one for side heat shield). Only challenge is getting to the top bolt bolting the side ring to the middle muffler. A universal joint on the socket was definately needed. Took me about 4 hours.

And now the sound: Amazing. Makes my GT3 sound more "Porsche". A deeper sound, even with sport button off. I really like it. Does not appear any louder without the sport button. Press the sport button and it has an even better lower deep rumble. Get out on the road, turn on sport button, press on the gas... and Oh. My. Gosh... this thing rocks! It is not too loud. Just better. Did not dround the cabin. Challenge is I now want to get on the gas all the time!

Perfect instructions, perfect fit, perfect sound. +1 for the folks at Sharkwerks.
Aw thanks and so glad you're flying with us The sport button gets worn out on my cars Good call on the u-join too.

Originally Posted by Nan P
Agree with your comments.
I had mine installed a week ago & cannot contain myself; the sound it awesome! I love it!!
I find myself driving with the windows down most of the time, flooring the throttle at everywhere; this could be a problem with all the 5/0 around.

Do yourself a favor & have someone drive your car a few times while you stand & watch; jaw dropping!
Hehe thanks Nan! I get to hear it quite regularly when people leave the shop and roar past my office with the sport button on
Originally Posted by tcsracing1

Thanks mate and yes the V1 is something we should have a coupon for

Originally Posted by bobbybailey
I put mine on three weeks ago.

Only downside I have seen is that my fuel economy dropped by 1 mpg. I keep driving in a lower gear to hear more of the howl this product generates.
Haha... remove lead from shoe and fixed?

Here's one we were doing yesterday. Never really see red MK1's so it was good to know they exist!

Red gauges and stitching

Take yer' kit off!

And on she goes!

All tight and using the factory tips to look stock...

Quick Reply: Just installed; sharkwerks bypass!