Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

There's a new bully in town

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts
Default There's a new bully in town

Just don't expect him to show up at Sebring anytime soon....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...diot-sepang-f1

Sebastian Vettel calls backmarker an 'idiot' after Sepang F1 crash
• Vettel fury over collision with Narain Karthikeyan in Malaysia
• 'Leading drivers try to bully you,' says India's Karthikeyan

Sebastian Vettel described one of the backmarkers in the Malaysian Grand Prix as an "idiot" after a collision cost him fourth place.

The world champion suffered a puncture which shredded his left rear tyre in a collision when lapping Narain Karthikeyan's HRT and dropped back to finish 11th.

"Like on normal roads, you have some idiots driving around. It seems there is also one driving here," the Red Bull driver told the BBC. Karthikeyan responded by claiming some leading drivers tried to "bully" him when lapping his car.

Neither man mentioned the other by name, although it appeared clear who they were talking about.

"Some of these guys when you get lapped, they just try to bully you so much, it's not fair," Karthikeyan said.

The incident happened with 10 laps to go in Sunday's grand prix as Vettel was chasing Lewis Hamilton's McLaren for the final podium place behind Ferrari's Fernando Alonso and Sauber's Sergio Pérez.

Vettel passed Karthikeyan on the back straight at the Sepang track but their cars collided as the Indian moved back towards the racing line.

The Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said it was Karthikeyan's "responsibility to get out of the way of the leaders as he is a lapped car".

Karthikeyan said: "With Vettel, I got on to the marbles and the car had a lot of wheelspin. I had to jink to get out of it and unfortunately he was there. What else I could I do? I won't mention names but sometimes they overtake you and they want you to go off the road.

"With this car it's a big task to qualify and to finish is a big task. We're a small team. We don't want to be a hindrance but it doesn't give them the right to bully you. This is not right."

Karthikeyan was also involved in an incident earlier in the race in which McLaren's Jenson Button collided with the HRT and lost his front wing.

They were racing for 15th place at the time and Button acknowledged it was his fault. "I can't do anything but laugh really because it was such a horrendous race," Button said after finishing 14th.

"I didn't do a very good job and everything that could have gone wrong did. Just one of those afternoons. A lot of the issues were because I wiped my front wing off, locked up my rears and couldn't slow down."
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 194 Posts

Well Karthikeyan is a friggin idiot. What's the merit of "defending" his line tenaciously when he's the hopeless friggin backmarker? Heck, I like/dislike Vettel no more than the next guy, but Karthikeyan really had no purpose in yesterday's race other than being a chicane on wheels.

In a way he reminds of me Chandok from last season. The kind that the 107% rule's designed to eliminate.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Idiot move, moving chicane sticking to the racing line.

Karthikeyan does not belong to F1, there are 10,000+ drivers better than him.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

money
Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
lopro
Banned

f1 is shaping up to have a interesting season. cant wait to see what happend in the next round.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:43 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 03-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Well Karthikeyan is a friggin idiot. What's the merit of "defending" his line tenaciously when he's the hopeless friggin backmarker? Heck, I like/dislike Vettel no more than the next guy, but Karthikeyan really had no purpose in yesterday's race other than being a chicane on wheels.

In a way he reminds of me Chandok from last season. The kind that the 107% rule's designed to eliminate.
+1 ... he appears neither to have the skill nor the attitude to be there...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Its not fair. Whaaaaaaa. Whaaaaaaaaaa.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 PM
lopro
Banned

the video made it seem that vettel drove over the wing
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Its not fair. Whaaaaaaa. Whaaaaaaaaaa.
this just in, Mr. Vettel's poo does not stink and he has never made a mistake
Old 03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

33 sec mark shows Vettel stayed on the line. The other guy moved off line and into Vettel. My point is if your 7 seconds off the pace, you have to be aware of cars around you.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Watch the onboard, it's very clear. NOT Vettel's fault, though he could have handled the aftermath more professionally, he is just a kid.

NK is paying big bucks to come in last every weekend. I would find a different hobby.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:37 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeeEP6ZwCVU

33 sec mark shows Vettel stayed on the line. The other guy moved off line and into Vettel. My point is if your 7 seconds off the pace, you have to be aware of cars around you.
Horner: "He's got a set of mirrors... he's 7 seconds off the pace" (not to mention the flashing blue lights!!)

Karth: "Ij nut fair... jome of deeese guys when dey bassing..." (oh wow, this moving chicane actually talks!!)

Quick Reply: There's a new bully in town