Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

VIR w/ David Murry April 10/11 - who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 AM
FLM911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
ok this is my last vid, but its a short clip of the robertson racing ford gt on track. its pretty cool his wife drives and she got down to a 1:59. the acceleration is crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U9tt...EpZwOzP9UvvkI=
Same car different angle - the shifting through the gears was spectacular as was the sound and acceleration. Going up the esses in a train was pretty cool.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:09 AM
jenk12m
Banned

even better vid, and you can see how my slow struggling shifts affects my speed
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

ive never seen so much grass and virginia clay in my 8yrs of track experience. lol. i had a blast though
Mike, I missed most of this thread drove to Road ATL all day with useless next to me.

Thanks for posting all the video's guys!! Would have loved to be there.

David Murry event last year was the best event i ever did and i am sure the will update their screening proces for the next events.

Mike, fighting a gearbox and garbage tires were not helping, but very unlike you to do so much off roading ;-).

Very nice evasive manuevre at the end of the back straight!
I hope he got some friendly advice! That was way to close for a DE.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Glad you guys made it in safely to atlanta and finally got out of Orlando. Lol

The gearbox and tires weren't the best but I made the most out of it. I guess that was enough off roading for another 8yrs to go by before it happens again
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarkG123
Mike

Thanks for allowing me to ride with you for a few laps at VIR! Your video confirms how smooth you are! I hope to see you at another event.
Mark Gilliss
It ride was great for me also, so thanks for that. Best of luck with your awesome car!

nice mike, and great to finally meet you. i only have video behind you during one of the trains, wished we could've hooked up on track a little more.
Hey, it is a bummer we never got out together, but maybe at their September event at VIR? BTW, nice driving out there!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Bman
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

My condolences to David and his family.

Jenks great meeting you. TDM I saw you but never got to catch up, sorry. How's things in our home town? FLM911, sorry we didn't meet. Nice driving boys!

I had to work and arrived late afternoon on Tuesday...just in time for the dust bowl. I attended Zone 2 at VIR a few weeks prior but I lost 3rd gear in the 2nd session on the first day. (Jenks, I hope yours turns out better than mine) So I really wanted two days of seat time in my, still new to me, 996 CUP but couldn't make it both days. It was a lot of effort for one day of driving but it was worth it. I had a great time.

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
This was unusual for a Murry event. No doubt many great drivers, but some probably should not have been out on track at an event of this format.
They say they don't but there were some drivers who needed to be in the beginner group with the pace and trains they were forming
This was surprising to me too. I don't mind the differences in pace but you could tell some of the drivers were overwhelmed and didn't have ANY track awareness. But I agree, everyone behalved which was good to see.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Very impressive. Extra style points for teh wipers!
Fluid and wipers.....impressive!

he gave me a tiny finger out the window then moved over like he was giving space. and juan out on track if im aggressive. LMAO
Originally Posted by FLM911
did look like the point was there and the older 911 was giving room as our close rate was significant.
I know someone that had to go off track to avoid this car too. It seems he had something that was flapping in/out of his window that looked like a finger.

ok this is my last vid, but its a short clip of the robertson racing ford gt on track. its pretty cool his wife drives and she got down to a 1:59. the acceleration is crazy
I couldn't believe the acceleration of that GT on the straights....unreal! I also couldn't believe that I caught it and got by.....twice Obviously, they got faster because I never saw a 59. Best I saw on my dash was 2:03.3. I struggled to find a clean laps but need to sort through data and find my best "rolling lap". Hoping there are some 2:02's (maybe 2:01) in there but I know the car can do 59 if I would just GROW A SET and put on some fresh rubber.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bman
TDM I saw you but never got to catch up, sorry. How's things in our home town?
I continue to sell the area the best drugs possible!

Hope all is well and will certainly see you some time soon
Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by FLM911
Eric was there, respect as he bought the car wednesday, drove it from Dallas to NC straight to the shop for the cheater mods. Picked it up Tuesday afternoon and came straight to the track. Kudos! His rear tires were shot however so another trip to the shop Wednesday morning for new cups and he was away. Its faaassssttt and very low. So low it clips the white lines on the road!
My kid has a play-date over at his house this weekend, hoping to see the car...unless he's out in search for another set of tires!

Nice Turn 4 action!
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2012, 03:03 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Bman, nice to meet you as well. Once I go to Hoosiers and get a tranny that works I may be able to see you bumper around a couple of corners
Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Best I saw on my dash was 2:03.3. I struggled to find a clean laps but need to sort through data and find my best "rolling lap". Hoping there are some 2:02's (maybe 2:01) in there but I know the car can do 59 if I would just GROW A SET and put on some fresh rubber.
Come on BMan, I know that Cup car can beat my street car. 3rd day in my new RS 2:02.38 @ VIR Zone 2 on March 18, 2012 9:15am -- on 20+ HC R6's (probably the cool temps)... Let me drive that racecar!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Damn Clarke, that's smokin. Isn't Ryan's(rmag) best time a 2:04 on r6's
Old 04-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Bman
Racer

Once I go to Hoosiers and get a tranny that works I may be able to see you bumper around a couple of corners
Fresh rubber goes on if that happens

Originally Posted by GT3DE
3rd day in my new RS 2:02.38 @ VIR Zone 2
Damn Clarke, that's smokin.
Oh....using my Iphone as my lap timer I did a 1:58

This car is a finicky little bitch. Grip, grip, grip......NO GRIP! You can't trust her. I am getting more comfortable and pushing a bit more but I need seat time.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Lmao, yea using that good ole iPhone I think I can run 2 flat
Old 04-13-2012, 04:57 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Lmao, yea using that good ole iPhone I think I can run 2 flat
same GPS signals your out-of-date ancient tracktimer uses. Same data. All the BS about using the iPhone nonsense... Sorry but these things are as accurate as yours.

hmmm... I have a better idea - let's turn off the lap timers and chase each other around, let's call it "Bumper Tag". Who wants to play?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Bman
Racer

Originally Posted by GT3DE
let's turn off the lap timers and chase each other around, let's call it "Bumper Tag". Who wants to play?
How bout "Bumper NO Tag" and I am in.

Quick Reply: VIR w/ David Murry April 10/11 - who's in?