Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Nice vids Rad.

Impossible between lap traffic, slow out laps and limited session time to get 10 clean laps. A DE would be even worse (traffic) You're lucky that track is so long, on shorter ones you won't even get that many clean laps before catching lap traffic. I thought your 3 from the TT weren't too bad though a 2:16 , a close 2:17 and a couple 2:18's with some traffic. Car looks like it's doing fine temps wise. Looks like you might be in the wrong gear in some areas, but I have never driven there so I'm just guessing. Why is everybody trippin'? He looks legit to me.

RS boys sack up and put some real tires on your cars and go beat him. RA1's aren't going to cut it.
NASA asks us to do the 1st lap under Yellow at no more than 45 mph. It takes about 6-7 minutes since we leave the grid to be on the Green flag. Lap 2 (starting from 45mph) can't be the fastest, by lap 3 I'm already catching traffic as the tail of the group laps in the 3:00-3:30 range. It also takes 3 laps to get the hard compound slicks to heat up, I might try tire warmers.

Agree!!! I think 3rd at T17 might give me more punch on turn exit. 4th at T1 is fine, but I'm slowing down too much at T1.

The AiM Race Studio thing is complex, very complex. I got wheel speeds at each corner, steering angle, and a multitude of other inputs in the Sebring data, but I'm clueless on what to do with this.

T1, the segment between T10 and T13 (can't go flat yet), entry to Bishop (braking every time prior to entry) , and T17 are definitive areas of improvement.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,540 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Agree!!! I think 3rd at T17 might give me more punch on turn exit. 4th at T1 is fine, but I'm slowing down too much at T1.

The AiM Race Studio thing is complex, very complex. I got wheel speeds at each corner, steering angle, and a multitude of other inputs in the Sebring data, but I'm clueless on what to do with this.

T1, the segment between T10 and T13 (can't go flat yet), entry to Bishop (braking every time prior to entry) , and T17 are definitive areas of improvement.

What slicks are you running?

Yes, slowing down a bunch for T1, I'd concur with your self analysis elsewhere too.

Regarding data, sometimes too much data is too much data. Paralysis by analysis. There are a few key areas that really matter, and (for example) individual wheel speeds don't. One thing a good coach can really help you with is separating the wheat from the chaff with regard to your raw data, and helping you learn how to intrepret it on the fly without it becoming overwhelming. This ends up being up to half my job with many clients. Ask Trak Car how I helped him with a data snippet he emailed me that showed something prettty significant where he was losing some time... he previously spent 3 hours looking at it on an airplane w/o seeing it.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:35 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

That was after the rain, first time ever on these tires (hard compound slicks). Still the Fiat lapped 13 seconds faster than the Boss with Mr. Sideways at the wheel. I can lap Sebring, run a 1/4 mile from a standing start, have a shot of Absinthe, and still have time left to wait for Mr. Sideways in da Boss.

So, are all the Aero Beetles afraid to run NASA-TT? are you guys going to keep hiding in HPDE, Chin and SuperSolo? It would be so much fun to watch a Boxster giving cans of Whoopass to most Aero Bettles.
Always with the excuses, grow some Man Bearings, even I was hitting 116 on street tires and we all know I can't drive. No TT records, no Solo trophies or National Championships.

ps: that is all da Boss has, it was Flat Out from 13 through Bishops like the Aero Beatles.

Peter
Old 04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

124.4 mph and no wings. More grip from tires, and dry track.

Last edited by NJ-GT; 08-13-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

All your downforce is down in and under the Fiat...no foolin' us with your no wings propaganda.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Reading comprehension problem da Boss was Flat Out from 13 through Bishops with no wing the Aero of a Brick, and weighs 3600#'s with 3/4 fuel on freaking street tires not some fancy a** slicks.

Peter
Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Mrsideways
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was after the rain, first time ever on these tires (hard compound slicks). Still the Fiat lapped 13 seconds faster than the Boss with Mr. Sideways at the wheel. I can lap Sebring, run a 1/4 mile from a standing start, have a shot of Absinthe, and still have time left to wait for Mr. Sideways in da Boss.

So, are all the Aero Beetles afraid to run NASA-TT? are you guys going to keep hiding in HPDE, Chin and SuperSolo? It would be so much fun to watch a Boxster giving cans of Whoopass to most Aero Bettles.
Video was taken from your 2:17 lap.

It's a $40k 3600lbs solid rear axle american car on street tires with springs soft enough a limo driver would be jealous. You could buy one boss for every day of the week for the price difference. I would hope the Fiat could lap 13 or more seconds a lap faster on slicks.

Pete what was the Data on the GT2 though Bishops bend... I wanna say 134mph if my memory serves me correct.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Mrsideways
Intermediate

I found a picture of the Boss at Sebring. I love heavy overly soft cars!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

You mean the mean the time you went Flat Out through Bishops in the GT2 and then couldn't slow down for 15. I know you were around 130 when we did a couple of laps on the Hoosier Slicks.

Peter
Old 04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
I found a picture of the Boss at Sebring. I love heavy overly soft cars!

Is The Greek Driving? That looks almost like his line....all 4 wheels off and definitly The Greek
Old 04-11-2012, 08:17 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Video was taken from your 2:17 lap.

It's a $40k 3600lbs solid rear axle american car on street tires with springs soft enough a limo driver would be jealous. You could buy one boss for every day of the week for the price difference. I would hope the Fiat could lap 13 or more seconds a lap faster on slicks.

Pete what was the Data on the GT2 though Bishops bend... I wanna say 134mph if my memory serves me correct.
GT2 134mph at Bishop? good luck with that. Need video and data as proof. Street tires too?

$40k buys me a nice 2009 Cayman S, better car than the Boss, and faster around Sebring.

Boss 302 R, the fast race car not 85Gold's Brick-Pig, Grand-Am specs, slicks, Pro drivers, Homestead, fastest lap 1:26.899. Good enough for 2nd place in TTU where it belongs, and I didn't run slicks at Homestead.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

GT2 134mph at Bishop? good luck with that. Need video and data as proof. Street tires too?

$40k buys me a nice 2009 Cayman S, better car than the Boss, and faster around Sebring.

Boss 302 R, the fast race car not 85Gold's Brick-Pig, Grand-Am specs, slicks, Pro drivers, Homestead, fastest lap 1:26.899. Good enough for 2nd place in TTU where it belongs, and I didn't run slicks at Homestead.
So buy that $40k Croc and show me on the One Lap. $100 says da Boss kicks your butt.

Peter
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
What slicks are you running?

Yes, slowing down a bunch for T1, I'd concur with your self analysis elsewhere too.

Regarding data, sometimes too much data is too much data. Paralysis by analysis. There are a few key areas that really matter, and (for example) individual wheel speeds don't. One thing a good coach can really help you with is separating the wheat from the chaff with regard to your raw data, and helping you learn how to intrepret it on the fly without it becoming overwhelming. This ends up being up to half my job with many clients. Ask Trak Car how I helped him with a data snippet he emailed me that showed something prettty significant where he was losing some time... he previously spent 3 hours looking at it on an airplane w/o seeing it.
Pirelli DH. I was told by 2 good sources I can get 12HC out of them. My A6 stick better but only for one lap (based on g-forces), then they fade plenty. I get 8HC out of A6 then they don't even stick.

Right, too much data. The AiM Solo with the ECU link brings much more information than Traqmate, impressive but overwhelming.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 85Gold
So buy that $40k Croc and show me on the One Lap. $100 says da Boss kicks your butt.

Peter
Ask Brock to bring Road America, Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen, Monticello, Lime Rock, VIR, NJMP, Summit Point to One Lap in 2013.

09 Cayman S vs. Boss 302 at an event like OLOA, I bet on the Coxster.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

isn't the boss 2 minutes slower than the scuderia at the 'ring?

Quick Reply: Sebring Time Trials 03/31 and 04/01 with NASA Florida