Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone knew this Crashed .1 GT3 Louisville, KY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Nice transformation photos and work.
nice indeed.
i just wonder - considering it was possible to get 997 cup car in $100K budget and 996 cup in $65-70K somewhat budget this year - how much in reality it will cost to convert a gt3 salvaged donor into somewhat comparable?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 779 Posts

The other GT3, which is the OP, is the one that I intend on keeping. This is the car that converted to a .2 RS with everything OEM except the decklid/wing assmbly, which I bought of MAShaw for 4300.
Orbit has an oem spoiler and deck lid. That's where you got the red wheels from, off my car :-)

I still wanna see pics ...

I love this kind of skunk werks handy hobby builds
Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 PM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sure was not rational and I'm definitely over budget. I should of straight up bought a 997 cup car for under 100K on eBay. There several.

I got influence by friends and crazy cubans telling me that it was not a far fetch to do the wide conversion.

What saves me is my friends and family that are all handy and very resourceful. As you can see, this conversion was done in a back yard of a middle class neighborhood, lol! My main builder has tons of experience with porsches.

I paid $39K shipped and I currently have 90K into it. I pretty sure I don't need to buy anything else.

I got the PCCB's off my other white gt3 along with the front knuckles and put them on this car.

The car was already painted once, but after a big fight with the original body shop I had no choice to paint again. Long story short, they didn't use the Spies Hecker Primer I had provided. OH, I bought all the materials and used Spies Hecker brand. Thats the new water base colors Germany uses now, as you all may know.
Attached Images      
Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

This is how the car looked like before we had to resand the whole thing again, lol.

I really looked ok, but not to perfection.
Attached Images  
Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 779 Posts

Very cool. In a shade tree but to perfection kinda way
Thanks for posting on these pages. When you are all done we get so RS together and take some decent pictures
Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 PM
mikeoR32
Instructor

So awesome.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:39 PM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mvez
Don't hold me to this, but I think I know the original owner. He didn't wreck the car, he turned it in after his lease was up and then the next buyer balled it up almost immediately after owning it, while hot ******* on the street. I could be wrong though, I just remember hearing a story about a GT3, and I think that might be it. I'm picking my car up from Blue Grass Motorsport early next week and will find out for sure and see if I can help dig up those bits for you.
I'll really appreciate any info you can get.

I picked this car up with 14k mls. It had no brake pads and the rotors were beyond worn. Tons of rubber marbles stuck everywhere, and the ride height was the lowest I've ever seen on a GT3. Besides from the crash, the car looked like it was sand blasted on the front from probably following other people on the track.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are they lease plans for 12k mls?

Originally Posted by savyboy
Ralph- if you need a OE front sway (07+ GT3/RS) I have one in like new condition ready to ship, IM me if needed. 997.343.701.94
I would, but I want to know if the one installed now is better. As I said before, this one has 5 holes I think, compare to the original which is 3 holes.

Originally Posted by sin911
I'm still a little upset that you bought these cars and didn't turn either of them into full blown track cars with welded cages, and etc.

The green one should have been complete by now, what's going on with the project? How far along are you?
I'm pretty upset too. I definitely didn't plan this well, but it has been a great experience learning and working with these cars and meeting people across the national helping me with the two builds. I was looking for a track, but I didn't expect to get soooo hooked on these cars. It also has provided an opportunity to share time with my pops. So all in all, its been pretty fun building these cars.

This Monday we're going to start putting the car together. I expect another month. What slowed this build was the white GT3, spinal surgery I had in Aug, and the xmas holidays.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Orbit has an oem spoiler and deck lid. That's where you got the red wheels from, off my car :-)

I still wanna see pics ...

I love this kind of skunk werks handy hobby builds
Thanks for the wheels! The bronze look nice on your car too. I will soon start joining all the clubs, so that I could meet all of you guys on the track... Rodger didn't have one when I was looking for it.

What I do need in Carbon RS/GT2 seats for under 5K or if anybody knows of someone that is willing to take my stock GT3 seats, and oem decklid/wing in trade.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM
lopro
Banned

Wow this came out great. Lots of work an effort but you saved a porsche from scrap. Nice job. I look forward to seeing this car assembled. wow, this is nuts. I love the no sunroof panel
Old 02-13-2012, 12:50 AM
chardonet
Racer

Originally Posted by speedyralph

What I do need in Carbon RS/GT2 seats for under 5K or if anybody knows of someone that is willing to take my stock GT3 seats, and oem decklid/wing in trade.
Ralph: Someone has got a slightly used pair up for sale here in the Parts Marketplace for $4,900. Better jump on them!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
GolfTango3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Louisville guy here.

Awesome car, I got to sit in it once before it got ran into the divider. I know the previous owner, cool dude.

bobby
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
dalehskier
4th Gear

Yes, that was my car. Both keys were turned in at trade-in time as well as the books.
Contact Randy Beiry @ Bluegrass Porsche 502-515-5841.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 AM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dalehskier
Yes, that was my car. Both keys were turned in at trade-in time as well as the books.
Contact Randy Beiry @ Bluegrass Porsche 502-515-5841.
Nice to chat to you Dale!

Could you be able to tell me of any mods you did to this car?
or any useful info to consider before I finish the project?

I wanted to install the LWFW along with the pulley...
I just left Randy a voicemail regarding the keys/books, thank you.

Any info generally would help.

Ralph
Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

was the engine and trans fine?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 PM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mobonic
was the engine and trans fine?
Yup.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM
lopro
Banned

Cant wait to see more pics. you have really came a long way on this

Quick Reply: Anyone knew this Crashed .1 GT3 Louisville, KY?