Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

HANS Sport I vs II

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro
right on, thats where I bought my helmet.
I will have to ask them about the hanz also.
I'm sure that there will be good buys to be had on the weekend at the Motorsports Expo at the International Center. Talk to Jennifer.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 340 Posts

Will also be looking at a HANS in the next few weeks. Not sure if the 30 degree angle (i'm 200 lbs +) is more important than what looks to be a more comfortable sport II. Any thoughts?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
I'm sure that there will be good buys to be had on the weekend at the Motorsports Expo at the International Center. Talk to Jennifer.
I wish I could make it out to this.. But I will be busy. I guess I can just order it online. When I bought my helmet from csc they had in to my place in 1 day. They even covered the shipping.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:08 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Will also be looking at a HANS in the next few weeks. Not sure if the 30 degree angle (i'm 200 lbs +) is more important than what looks to be a more comfortable sport II. Any thoughts?
Only possible answer: Any chance that you could try one on for size?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:09 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

I wish I could make it out to this.. But I will be busy. I guess I can just order it online. When I bought my helmet from csc they had in to my place in 1 day. They even covered the shipping.
What did you get? And how did figure out what size?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Only possible answer: Any chance that you could try one on for size?
Looking to see if there is anywhere locally i can do that.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
lopro
Banned

@ Lopro: I got mine from CSC Racing www.cscracing.com They seem to be one of the bigger importers/sellers of HANS devices in the GTA.

I think that they all come with sliding tethers now.
Jen is really great to work with. I was so happy with her service/ CSC does not play around I spoke to them this wed feb 29 and they had the hanz here today mar 2

If anyone is thinking of ordering a Hanz in Toronto or ontario or even canada for that matter I would strongly recomend using CSC racing, they know how to get stuff to your door asap and sometimes even cover the shipping costs. Great people to work with. Fast friendly and proper services (they stock lots of things to breakdown the wait times)

What did you get? And how did figure out what size?
When i contacted them about the Hanz they just asked me 3 questions "What is the size (around) in CM of your neck?" After that they asked me what I was using it for to get the degrees the back piece should be - an then asked "What do you want to spend" The rest is history. Such an easy thing to buy, Or CSC really made it easy. I guess when I ordered I got thinking yes this is a safty device and they all work just as well (weight being the only differences that I could see after few weeks of research) they get quite expensive to save a few pounds. Sport is 2.5lbs SPORT II 2lbs and PRO 1.5lbs

When your used to carrying a heavy weight on your sholders - may as well just go with the lightest on the wallet.

one more thing of the massive list of things to buy
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Polarcharger
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Sport I (30 degree) for open wheel cars and Pro (20 degree) for closed. Both do the job - though carbon fiber of Pro is very nice (much lighter and a beautiful piece). Any such device is highly recommended.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:39 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by E55AMG
Looking to see if there is anywhere locally i can do that.
You get one, Chris? There has to be TONS of shops around you. I don't have squat within a hundred miles of me

I'm 6'2, 215. Not barrel chested, but not scrawny either. 30 deg recommended for what I've read, but 1) my head naturally sits a bit flexed. And with the GT2 seats, which I've been told aren't the most HANS-friendly, I may be better off with a 20 deg??

Why don't they make the Sport II in 30?? The size of the rear on the Sport has me concerned about ingress/egress from the car.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 AM
lopro
Banned

I was told at time of ordering that sport II was limited in sizing and angles.

SPORT and PRO versions came in all sizes and degrees.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:06 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bonehead
You get one, Chris? There has to be TONS of shops around you. I don't have squat within a hundred miles of me

I'm 6'2, 215. Not barrel chested, but not scrawny either. 30 deg recommended for what I've read, but 1) my head naturally sits a bit flexed. And with the GT2 seats, which I've been told aren't the most HANS-friendly, I may be better off with a 20 deg??

Why don't they make the Sport II in 30?? The size of the rear on the Sport has me concerned about ingress/egress from the car.
I did. Went with the sport I and no issues.

Quick Reply: HANS Sport I vs II