Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

48hoursofsebring.com 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll post my videos later. Probably around 11p. For those of you tired of counting sheep or have taken so much ambien it no longer affects you, my videos may help.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
Here is a video of me chasing Erik aka "The Flying Dutchman". While it could be argued that I was catching him due to my supreme driving prowess and mental focus, it was actually because his car was knocking from a danging 02 sensor and a flat tire last lap. Details, details....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-iu...3pDh5MzISvMHQj

Raptor, there is a reason for it. Its been coming for awhile. Needed to be said....
Are these the laps you sent me data for.....they look like it

You nee dto come to Roebling in two weeks and pratice throtte steering. Need to unwind the steering wheel and get on the power to bring the car out
Old 02-07-2012, 05:16 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 67 Posts

Yea, these are the laps. I'll ask Burke if he is down. Might be tough to do Roebling and Chin in march. Have to work on the new location.

I always hear you saying RR really helps you learn car control
Old 02-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 112 Posts

Putnam Park is a great track to learn car control too. It's a driver's track, but with tons of run-off. You can't hit anything if you tried. I credit that track alot, as it allows you to push as hard as you can, and learn alot from mistakes (and about the car) without any real consequences.

They are adding a bunch of new garages and upgrading facilities as we speak, and then re-paving it at the end of 2012. Next time anybody is heading through Indianapolis, give it a whirl. Now that I have the RS, I'm back there again alot, getting seat time with the new ride. Funny how a new car makes an old track fun again.

I need to be prepared for a DE Cup appearance
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

It is fantastic to teach you how to get out of a fast corner fast......without concrete everywhere

And when driven at a brisk pace it is extremely challenging. I am looking forward to going there in two weeks and knocking Peter off the Roebling title.....he is getting nervous
Old 02-07-2012, 05:48 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Man Sebring was a blast (literally). Didt' run the DEcup, but took the new 993 out for its first race. Appreciated all the prior videos posted before the event, because thats all the "instruction" I had before going out blind. Raced the Car in H class. Us older 993/964s had no chance against the newer cyamans and 996/997s. They qualified 2:24/2:25 where us older cars where 2:28.2. Still was a blast. The 3 993s racing all qualified within 1/10th of each other, then 3 964s qualified within 3/10ths of us, so there were 6 of us gridded next to each other within 4/10ths battling for 3rd :-) At start GTS5 car took out a 964 Cup car going into T3 so ran yellow for a lap or 2, then the fun began. battled for 3rd until I missed a shift going into 17 and fell way back, then recovered and finished fourth (2nd out of the 6 of us). Was happy considering first time racing this car and first time at Sebring.

Qualifying was entertaining also for the first few laps. Some backmarker GT3 drovers in J class had been in my way during practice, but got a good enough jump on him into T3 of lap one to get infront, block him until T7, then was just a spec in my mirror after that. Then bounced back and forth with 2 way overpowered G cars for a 2 laps until I could finally get by and do some clean qualifying laps.

Sprint 2 started off great. Was battling for "3rd" until motor threw a rod going down back straight. car out for rest of weekend. Scored a codrive in friends car for enduro, but he ended up getting pulled by the scruted before I got in because a 944 hits his rear quarter.

Cant wait til next year. Had a chance to meet Izzone and Trackcar on Weds, but after that to tied up to hang out. can't wait until next years race! Here's vids of the slow car during qualifying and Sprint 1.

Quali:

Sprint 1 (Restart after accident at 13 minute mark)

Last edited by rmag; 02-07-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:54 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Yea, these are the laps. I'll ask Burke if he is down. Might be tough to do Roebling and Chin in march. Have to work on the new location.

I might be up for a trip. Not sure if I want to do all three days though.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rmag
Man Sebring was a blast (literally). Didt' run the DEcup, but took the new 993 out for its first race. Appreciated all the prior videos posted before the event, because thats all the "instruction" I had before going out blind. Raced the Car in H class. Us older 993/964s had no chance against the newer cyamans and 996/997s. They qualified 2:24/2:25 where us older cars where 2:28.2. Still was a blast. The 3 993s racing all qualified within 1/10th of each other, then 3 964s qualified within 3/10ths of us, so there were 6 of us gridded next to each other within 4/10ths battling for 3rd :-) At start GTS5 car took out a 964 Cup car going into T3 so ran yellow for a lap or 2, then the fun began. battled for 3rd until I missed a shift going into 17 and fell way back, then recovered and finished fourth (2nd out of the 6 of us). Was happy considering first time racing this car and first time at Sebring.

Qualifying was entertaining also for the first few laps. Some backmarker GT3 drovers in J class had been in my way during practice, but got a good enough jump on him into T3 of lap one to get infront, block him until T7, then was just a spec in my mirror after that. Then bounced back and forth with 2 way overpowered G cars for a 2 laps until I could finally get by and do some clean qualifying laps.

Sprint 2 started off great. Was battling for "3rd" until motor threw a rod going down back straight. car out for rest of weekend. Scored a codrive in friends car for enduro, but he ended up getting pulled by the scruted before I got in because a 944 hits his rear quarter.

Cant wait til next year. Had a chance to meet Izzone and Trackcar on Weds, but after that to tied up to hang out. can't wait until next years race! Here's vids of the slow car during qualifying and Sprint 1.

Quali:
http://vimeo.com/36351230

Sprint 1
http://vimeo.com/36353313
I have a good picture of all your cars on the hauler. Quite a sight.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:55 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Randy - what times were you running at RRR?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by FLA997
Randy - what times were you running at RRR?
I got a 1:19.5 last time there. And that was on lap 14 with tires cooked.

I am pretty confident there is two seconds of stupid mistakes in the video.....so I figure 1:17.5 is my goal

Once I hit my goal.....I park the car, start uploading video, dirnk beer, and see how long it takes Trakcar to drive to meet me for a battle

I'll take any advise you can give me on fixing what I do.

I truely love Roebling, its has taught me a lot about car control.......and yes I have spun there.....a few times

Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

You nee dto come to Roebling in two weeks and pratice throtte steering. Need to unwind the steering wheel and get on the power to bring the car out
Can't wait for that weekend... I may need to come score those rear pads from you this weekend so I'm ready. I'm starting from scratch there with this new car but I'm sure I can pick it up quick.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by onelove
Originally Posted by Izzone

Can't wait for that weekend... I may need to come score those rear pads from you this weekend so I'm ready. I'm starting from scratch there with this new car but I'm sure I can pick it up quick.
I rent pads for dog fish head

Greg and I are doing our transmission fluids Saturday
Old 02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Randy - best pickup for time I can see is later braking(MUCH) into T-1... there is a lot of time there and you can carry a lot more speed...in any case, you'll be hitting 1:16s before the weekend is over given that you are now pretty damn quick at Sebring! I was doing 1:17 at RRR in a 993 (search on youtube: 993 roebling), and I absolutely suck cat nuts in T-5 (I never take it the same way twice it seems - complete brain fart), and have little ***** to stay flat in T-9.

Ive spun in every turn at RRR pushing the limits - nice thing is that you can, and with the exception of one or two turns not worry about mass carnage. I once took the "Tour of Roebling Park"...aka...off into the wild blue yonder of grass at T-9 at about 110mph...code brown big time with Ron Zitza in the right seat. Slightly wet grass, we almost ended up at the chain link fence if you know how far that is from the track!

Randy is right though - the vids for RRR look way boring, but it really is a blast - especially with no concrete.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Originally Posted by onelove
I'm starting from scratch there with this new car but I'm sure I can pick it up quick.
Wes - you and Randy/Peter both should smoke my times in the cars you have. Have fun - and I'm glad to see you in a GT3 - congrats again!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Saiga 12. Don't spend your $ on anything else if you're looking for something for "home defense". It won't be long before these will disappear from the shelves as the govt frowns on 20 round drum fed AK platform shotguns.

10 rounds, 6 seconds. I'm not sure where the video is but I have another with the 20 round drum in about 10 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPzLlrjtbuY
I want that! Looking for a shotgun too. I went to 2 gun stores today sniffing around.

I've been to the range 3 times in the last week. So much range time with my little Glock G27 subcompact that it's killing my hands. I'm looking for a full size more comfortable gun for home/range duty. I'm trying to like the Glocks but the HK's and Beretta's fit my hand better. I rented a couple of Beretta's and a HK last week and loved them.

Quick Reply: 48hoursofsebring.com 2012