Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sway Bar Upgrade? GMG or stock Porsche GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 294 Likes on 148 Posts

Maybe stiffer cross member for a convertible
Old 10-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Patangatan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMG Sway Bars

Hi Mdrums, did you end up getting the GMG sway bars installed on your GTS, and if so, which ones did you use, GT3RS or Turbo; did you need adjustable drop links up front, what was result; happy?

I recently put on GT3 LCAs and running 2.5/2.0 camber, but the car has gone from under steering to heavy over stealing; it's much looser and less balanced than before. I'm hoping to solve this will stiffer bars?

MPSC 245/325 at 32/33 hot.

Ps. Tire temperatures front are even across, in rear the outside is a bit hotter; the car seems to roll over and ride on the outside of one wheel in heavy cornering.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:49 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
+1 for GMG sways - I have front and rear on the sage advice of rad and would do it again
PJ, what don't you have?? For our DE cup your mod list is going to be the size of a phone book!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:21 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Patangatan
Hi Mdrums, did you end up getting the GMG sway bars installed on your GTS, and if so, which ones did you use, GT3RS or Turbo; did you need adjustable drop links up front, what was result; happy?

I recently put on GT3 LCAs and running 2.5/2.0 camber, but the car has gone from under steering to heavy over stealing; it's much looser and less balanced than before. I'm hoping to solve this will stiffer bars?

MPSC 245/325 at 32/33 hot.

Ps. Tire temperatures front are even across, in rear the outside is a bit hotter; the car seems to roll over and ride on the outside of one wheel in heavy cornering.
GMG's or GT3 sways wont fit with the rear crossmember. I had Orbit Racing custom make the rear sway. It didn't cost much more and I use the stock beefier cross member and the bar fits perfectly.

Hard to say about your oversteer issue...could be lots of things. I tried MPSC and did not like them at all. Those MPSC N Spec tires lack grip, wear quick, tread chunks off and so forth. What is your rear toe spec? do you have rear toe arms and the Tarrett locking plate that replaces the eccentric bolt?

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Upgrade? GMG or stock Porsche GT3?