Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Winterfest 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 PM
jp175
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in. Will run RA1s. For super set R6 or Cup N1s?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any feedback on running the PFC pads over the RS29 Pagid.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:54 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Bear
I think RS29 is the yellow. If so here is my 2 cents. I am running an 11 gt3RS. and had new yellow's at road america. Took forever to bed in, then got bad fade, lost pedal a couple of times.

Same track tried 08's and wow what a difference. Rock hard pedal, little to no bedding.

For my driving style, I like the PFC 08.

There are others that like Pagid, I liked my ceramics first, then the 08 PFC, then the pagid. Great dealers on reenlist for both brands.

Good luck.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Chin is at VIR on March 3-4. Do a lot of you GT3 drivers go to this?

PCA Zone 2 is at VIR on March 16-18 - I have been to that one for the last 2 years and am planning on going again.
i think thats the 1st time they've had that date

i made the zone 2 event 3 yrs in a row and then missed the last 2yrs. i won't be able to make that one either
Old 12-20-2011, 11:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I'm within striking distance, I am sure I leave half a second in one alone.....and I now have a gurney....I mean tsb update on my wing
I might have to come up to defend my laptime, but by now you have a lot more laps and a muh faster car then me..

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Homestead has a whole lot more pucker factor than PBIR but it has the WORST track food RA is a Hoot but also takes big Man Bearings to be FAASST.

Peter
I like Homestead MUCH better then PBIR, but once or twice a year is enough.

Originally Posted by Red Bear
Like Sujelly said; Big difference. Throw out your Pagids if you have more then 2 days on them. Probably should throw them out anyway.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I might have to come up to defend my laptime, but by now you have a lot more laps and a muh faster car then me..

I like Homestead MUCH better then PBIR, but once or twice a year is enough.

Like Sujelly said; Big difference. Throw out your Pagids if you have more then 2 days on them. Probably should throw them out anyway.
My car is stock with less aero mods than u

If u show, I buy beer
Old 12-21-2011, 12:54 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

That's not fair..
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Dave.......help me find some time here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3vzmK-br7Q

I plan on de throning Trakcar from Feb since he has a cars and cafe meet that weekend
Quick Tips..

- Over 1 Second to be made in Turn 1. Brake Harder and later initially. get the car turned in and get back on the gas once the car is pointed at the track out start trail-braking. Use the entire track.
- Turn 2 Get on Gas earlier Feather gas use entire track
- Turn 3 Swing car out to right then get the car pointed back to the left and get on gas hard.
- Minor changes in the middle.. Good lines overall My guess is you can carry more speed into the turns? Again, Minor.
- From turn 6 to turn 1 you should be on the gas. Especially w/ the amount of Aero you have. Keep a constant/linear acceleration from 6 through 7. The car will feel much more stable.
I'll email you the 2 tricks to turn 1, 6, & 7 I want you to get the crown! (Sorry Peter you can't win them all)

Below is a short video from RRR earlier this month. I was making to complain about some of the ppl in qualifying (trying to race, it should be treated similar to a DE to allow for best lap times..) Either way listen to the constant acceleration from 6. I short shift (even w/ 240 hp) to keep torque down and keep the car balanced (Loaded up). The lifting you may hear was intentional because my tires were **** and I couldn't get the front to turn in. In my IP car I was turning High 17's & 18's on cooked tires. The first lap viewed was my 2nd or 3rd lap of Qualifying and really the only clean lap that allowed me to hit the proper marks.. Not my fastest as my tires had a hard time getting to temp (And never Did)

If you have Nittos or similar on your RS you should be in the 15-16's - 13-14's on Ho-Ho's I haven't driven RRR w/ my 3 so I'm guesstimating..

I wish I could do the Feb event but I'm Racing @ Road ATL that weekend.. RRR is a good time, Laid Back!

Old 12-21-2011, 01:06 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

you have Nittos or similar on your RS you should be in the 15-16's
I can see 17's maybe 16's with a better driver, but I doubt 15's..

I need a fast drover to lead the way. Maybe I'll just shadow Randy all weekend and drink his beer.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

How is PBOC with Super Solo? Is that the desirable run group, being the highest obviously?
Old 12-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT3DE
How is PBOC with Super Solo? Is that the desirable run group, being the highest obviously?
It's de with no point by open passing

Self policing group
Old 12-23-2011, 07:08 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I like the no point by open passing.

I signed up for SuperSolo 100 and they had me fill out my DE resume. I am approved pending a verbal "flag test" and then a check ride at the track.

Is SS100 a good group to run with? Or should I just go with with 200?

Are any of you guys in SS100?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

GT3DE, I'm in SS100 as well as Izzone, Trackcar, NJ-GT, M3EvoBR and Erik and probably a few others on these forums.....this is a great group of guys...seriously really great...top notch excellent drivers. The cool thing about Super Solo is you are out on the track with drivers that are totally aware of what's around them...total situational awarness.

Even though SS is open passing with no point by...they do not tolerate dive bombing passing and if you choose to pass in a corner you share the whole corner...50/50....no apexing for the car ont eh outside and no tracking out for the car on the inside. It's the slower way around the corner but....we all have a blast in this group.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:38 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
you are out on the track with drivers that are totally aware of what's around them...total situational awarness.
this is very important. most probably the most important thing when out on the track. total confidence and trust in your group. this ideal is hard to come by as there is always 1 d/head.

our groups are less policed, it seems, than you guys over there, so some 'aspiring elitists' always get through the net.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
GT3DE, I'm in SS100 as well as Izzone, Trackcar, NJ-GT, M3EvoBR and Erik and probably a few others on these forums.....this is a great group of guys...seriously really great...top notch excellent drivers. The cool thing about Super Solo is you are out on the track with drivers that are totally aware of what's around them...total situational awarness.

Even though SS is open passing with no point by...they do not tolerate dive bombing passing and if you choose to pass in a corner you share the whole corner...50/50....no apexing for the car ont eh outside and no tracking out for the car on the inside. It's the slower way around the corner but....we all have a blast in this group.
All those rules apply

You are also allowed to block all maritime blue and orange gt3rs

Quick Reply: Winterfest 2012