Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

OEM Rollcage install pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Georgie22
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 OEM Rollcage

Does anyone know the procedure to install an OEM rollcage on a 997.2 GT3? I am looking at a car that is not an original Clubsport and has had the OEM cage installed. I understand that a Clubsport car has a plate on the floor on which the cage is drilled into and a non clubsport car does not have this and as such drilled and bolted directly onto the floor.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Would this affect resale value of the car?
Old 05-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The floor plates are nothing more than little pieces of steel with bolts. They can be easily added during installation to any car that didn't have them from the factory. When I installed the factory cage in my 997.1, I got the plates with the bar when I bought it from FVD and my installer welded them to the floor just like the factory does. It's indistinguishable from a factory install.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:08 PM
Georgie22
3rd Gear

Thanks Nugget, would you happen to have any pictures? So you are saying there is no drilling into the floor of the car, but instead the plates are welded to the floor and the bolts are on the plate?
Old 05-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's way less complicated or involved than you're probably imagining. I dug through my old photos but I didn't find any that showed the stud plates. Sorry.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Georgie22
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Nugget
Yeah, that's exactly it. It's way less complicated or involved than you're probably imagining. I dug through my old photos but I didn't find any that showed the stud plates. Sorry.
thanks for checking. Do you think it has an impact on the resale value?
Old 05-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Tgvr6
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Nugget
The floor plates are nothing more than little pieces of steel with bolts. They can be easily added during installation to any car that didn't have them from the factory. When I installed the factory cage in my 997.1, I got the plates with the bar when I bought it from FVD and my installer welded them to the floor just like the factory does. It's indistinguishable from a factory install.
Hello, i broke one of the three bolts while i tried to tighten my front roll cage .
Is this plate just installed under the car ? I assume its not welded?
i mean , if i jack Up the car , remove the plastic , could i easily remove this plate ?
thanks

Quick Reply: OEM Rollcage install pics