Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 RS 4.0 #406/600

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 AM
RamiusMarko
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Florida's finest, Chevron 93 w/techron, and a little left over of Sunoco 100. We did 3 pulls, on the same dyno where all the Florida Aero Beetles will be testing soon.

Fiat overrates their engines massively. The 570hp F458 Italia threw a 450whp on a dyno in Pennsylvania not long ago.

I think Sharky's baby blue 3.8 RS ran something like 440 whp a few days ago.

It's nice to be the underdog with the coolest dog.
It's hard to put real faith into a chassis dyno. The number seemed a bit on the lowside, others putting down 460~rwhp and 315tq with Scuds. Hard to believe a 3.8l NA motor will lay down 30whp(40+ crank) more. Based on your videos, there's no way that Scud is just doing 399rwhp. There are just too many factors involved to get a true HP picture out of a chassis dyno. Those 4.3L motors are putting down the exact factory numbers if not more on multiple real dynos(engine dynos). The GT engines are doing 500hp+ consistently. Just watching your Scud videos proves that car is making good power. On the 458 the numbers once again are all over the place. Chassis dyno numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Just too many factors influencing them. Only way to get a real HP picture is an engine dyno. And there is no evidence at all the Ferrari motors are overrated based on that.

Last edited by RamiusMarko; 12-15-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Mrsideways
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Who's George?

I only know 3 amazing fast guys in ASP, Southern talent Collett, Magnificent talent and my favorite autocrosser Motonishi , and admired and friendly Junior Johnson.
Rad it's a Local thing. On this tiny little lot in Lake County that the local club uses it's like driving on sand. The Courses are usually a serious version of point and shoot. George has a GTR with 600odd wheel horse power. On that lot, with that crap surface and that course design the darn thing is pretty darn hard to beat. Randy and I want to show up and try to do it. George spanks everyone now on street tires. But he puts A6's on for the PCA events just to clean house.
On a full blown National style course he's probably a good ways back from Jr, or Collett. But on that Site... I'd be willing to bet even JR would have a hard time taking that GTR down.
Rumor has it George might come join us on Track. He called me yesterday asking me about track cars. I pointed him towards a very nicely built ITS civic Si in orlando. I wonder if he bought it.

Give you an idea of the Lake Country Typical Course. this is me driving a Stock E46 M3.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:49 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm lost don't even know where to go.
We have a GTR too...go get him ;0
Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 815 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrsideways
Rad it's a Local thing. On this tiny little lot in Lake County that the local club uses it's like driving on sand. The Courses are usually a serious version of point and shoot. George has a GTR with 600odd wheel horse power. On that lot, with that crap surface and that course design the darn thing is pretty darn hard to beat. Randy and I want to show up and try to do it. George spanks everyone now on street tires. But he puts A6's on for the PCA events just to clean house.
On a full blown National style course he's probably a good ways back from Jr, or Collett. But on that Site... I'd be willing to bet even JR would have a hard time taking that GTR down.
Rumor has it George might come join us on Track. He called me yesterday asking me about track cars. I pointed him towards a very nicely built ITS civic Si in orlando. I wonder if he bought it.

Give you an idea of the Lake Country Typical Course. this is me driving a Stock E46 M3.
]
That course had my vote for worst course of the year and it was designed by a Cayman owner.

Peter
Old 12-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Mrsideways
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 85Gold
That course had my vote for worst course of the year and it was designed by a Cayman owner.

Peter
Your just mad you got beat by Chi's Wifes car. I thought the course was awesome..... NOT! I really wonder what it says about my driving that I went faster on a wetish course then I did in the dry. eek

BTW... This course was worse
Old 12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Man...while watching that video I'm really... cone-fused!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 815 Likes on 467 Posts

Your just mad you got beat by Chi's Wifes car. I thought the course was awesome..... NOT! I really wonder what it says about my driving that I went faster on a wetish course then I did in the dry. eek

BTW... This course was worse
]
Like how u keep both hands on the wheel at all times and never let go . Text book example of looking ahead though. and no that course wasn't worse.

Peter
Old 12-15-2011, 03:39 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAJnmKPZBE
Have your local hotshoe George bring that Godzilla to the February event at Fort Myers and run it at a real autocross, high speed stuff, his 600whp should give him a benefit.

Feel free to invite him to the "Izzone/CuatroPuntoZero/Ringer/Fiat Challenge", and make sure he brings enough money because very likely he will have to pay for drinks.

That video should be named SLOWCROSS: Autocrossing in 1st gear on a tiny parking lot. For real autocrosses, visit: Fort Myers, Toledo, Lincoln, El Toro, For Devens.

This makes a nice avatar for the GT3 RS boys:

Old 12-15-2011, 03:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

SLOWCROSS
Great name for parking lot driving.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 AM
jenk12m
Banned

slowcross and cone-fused are now in my vocab
Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Hello Juan, I got an opportunity to see your car unwrap at the Collection before you took delivery. Beautiful car.
Attached Images      
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
speedyralph
Rennlist Member

Some more pics.
Attached Images     
Old 02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
jp175
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks. I really like her
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

What's not to like?

Ralph has a good eye for cheater parts :-)
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

so, it was delivered from that garage straight to sebring on slicks!?
just in time for winterfest.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS 4.0 #406/600