Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Driving talent and a lesson in humility

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
So, most of us think we are fairly good drivers. I was at a private track day organized by one of my friends (Eagles Canyon Raceway), in my Ruf RGT. You can drive as much as you want because the track is green except during lunch
Sorry I wasn't able to make it out to this one, but Monica and I both had to be down in Angleton early Saturday morning for the Driver's Edge event at MSR Houston. I just couldn't commit to that epic drive from ECR back down to Houston Friday night. Glad to hear it went well. Sounds like my ego got a lucky break, too.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:20 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
Sorry I wasn't able to make it out to this one, but Monica and I both had to be down in Angleton early Saturday morning for the Driver's Edge event at MSR Houston. I just couldn't commit to that epic drive from ECR back down to Houston Friday night. Glad to hear it went well. Sounds like my ego got a lucky break, too.
It would have been fun to see Monica in her Miata chasing down some of the exotics. See you at the next track day.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Yesterday with Chris Hall.

Honestly can't say I enjoyed the ride along, proably the most comfortable I have been sitting passenger in a car at speed and still I almost **** my pants first T1 and T17 at Sebring in my car LOL
Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
So, most of us think we are fairly good drivers. I was at a private track day organized by one of my friends (Eagles Canyon Raceway), in my Ruf RGT. You can drive as much as you want because the track is green except during lunch.

I was driving my car at a fairly rapid clip when I see an Aston Martin DB9 slowly gaining on me. Now, the guy who normally drives this DB9 is not a very good driver, and I am beginning to wonder if I have completely lost it. I start pushing harder, and he is still gaining on me. But, suddenly the DB9 slows down, and all is well, including my ego

Once I came into the pits, I found out that the guy who was driving the DB9 was not its regular driver, but Pablo Sanchez Lopez, and he had cooked the DB9's brakes. Who is he? Here is his information. He was a Formula 1 Test Driver for Ferrari in 2009, at the age of 19.

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/pabl...-lopez/career/
Hah good story! That's right there is ALWAYS someone faster... Except maybe in Hamilton's case
Old 11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Cool stories. Hope there's more to come
Old 11-07-2011, 08:58 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
There is always someone faster.. usually in a slower car.
I drove my smartcar on the track- no suck luck passing nething : (. Mike

Quick Reply: Driving talent and a lesson in humility