WTB: Used OEM GT2 Bucket seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts
Default WTB: Used OEM GT2 Bucket seats

Just like title says.

Looking for used OEM GT2 bucket seats for my 2011 GT3. Suncoast has them for $6700 and Isringhausen for $6100, but I'm not ready to shell out that kind of cash right now.

Any leads appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

I doubt you will find a set (at all) or for much less than 5k ... I recall a recent thread where another RL'er suggested an alternate source with a great deal ... but I cant recall which thread (it was in the last month, and pertained to a set of seats for sale) or the source, it may have been sunset in Or...

(sorry)

you might try BR Racing in Los Gatos Ca...

Only way a set is going to come up is if someone is selling their car and parting the seats out ...

I wish I'd kept mine when I sold the 997.1 last year!

p.s
You will need the B-K sub belt mounts to use 5/6pts with these seats
Old 10-07-2011, 02:06 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

That was probably my thread you are referring to, Larry. The deal ($5800) was only good for the last 2 seats they had in stock at Isringhausen. $6100 is the best deal I know of brand new.

KY, I feel for you. I searched for a used set for almost a year with no luck. As soon as one would come up for sale, it would be taken by a local buyer. If you're patient, I think a deal will show up eventually. I just didn't have the patience anymore. I hated my original sport seats. Good luck!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are in very high demand and since they are a $3k option, you unlikely to ever find a cheap deal on them. I would suggest looking for a set of euro 996 GT3 seats as an alternative, which regularly show up on the used market.

Last edited by 10 GT3; 10-09-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
That was probably my thread you are referring to, Larry. The deal ($5800) was only good for the last 2 seats they had in stock at Isringhausen. $6100 is the best deal I know of brand new.

KY, I feel for you. I searched for a used set for almost a year with no luck. As soon as one would come up for sale, it would be taken by a local buyer. If you're patient, I think a deal will show up eventually. I just didn't have the patience anymore. I hated my original sport seats. Good luck!
it was! ... these are like hen's teeth, and I doubt anyone will sell a pair (in good condition) for much below 5k
Old 10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Suggest looking for a set of euro 996 GT3 seats as an alternative, which regularly show up on the used market.
Yeah even the 996 seats are hard to come by now ... once upon a time you could get a new set for around $2300 a pair... now they are nearly double that ...

I think that you may have to bite the bullet and get a new pair ... its a shame the alacantara/leather option is so much more than the plain leather or cloth.

ALSO NOTE THE GT2 Sports Bucket IS NOT AN OPTION ON THE 991 ... you have to wonder what the effect of that will have on supplies (and price) as the 997 models drop out of production (Cayman and Boxster continue to offer them though)
Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
ALSO NOTE THE GT2 Sports Bucket IS NOT AN OPTION ON THE 991 ... you have to wonder what the effect of that will have on supplies (and price) as the 997 models drop out of production (Cayman and Boxster continue to offer them though)
Yes, I commented that there are no decent seat options at all (in any market) for the 991. Bottom line is you are not going to find a cheap set of sport buckets ever. The last used set I saw for sell went for $5K. That is still a bargain compared to even Suncoast's discounted prices.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Yes, I commented that there are no decent seat options at all (in any market) for the 991. Bottom line is you are not going to find a cheap set of sport buckets ever. The last used set I saw for sell went for $5K. That is still a bargain compared to even Suncoast's discounted prices.
yup...
Old 10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I wanted to find some GT2 Sport Buckets for my 2009 Carrera S. I looked for months...found a set for 6k like new. Someone scooped them up quickly.

It was cheaper for me to trade in my 2009 and order a GTS with Sport Buckets! $2800 option on the 2012 $7k+ to buy as a seperate item.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I just bought a set of sparco EVO 2's. It was under $2k shipped with brackets, etc, and sub bars. "F" porsche and their over priced raced seats... I refuse to pay $6k for a set of seats I don't even find that particularly good looking.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

just as an idea - you may look at recaro sporster cs seats. they are actuallty almost exact copy of gt2 seats, but do not have a hole in nthe base for submarine belts so you need to use different system for harness but it is all fine. that will cost you half of gt2 seats budget.

recaro CS is a great solution if you want seats to have adjustable backrest that reclines and collapses. if you do not want it to be adjustable (btw gt2 sets are not adjustable, they only collapse forward) then i would do classic recaro spg xl bucket. it is reasonably comfortable compared to 'real' racing bare carbon shells.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
just as an idea - you may look at recaro sporster cs seats. they are actuallty almost exact copy of gt2 seats, but do not have a hole in nthe base for submarine belts so you need to use different system for harness but it is all fine. that will cost you half of gt2 seats budget.

recaro CS is a great solution if you want seats to have adjustable backrest that reclines and collapses. if you do not want it to be adjustable (btw gt2 sets are not adjustable, they only collapse forward) then i would do classic recaro spg xl bucket. it is reasonably comfortable compared to 'real' racing bare carbon shells.
i've looked at the sportster also. not a bad compromise and they have an (optional?) airbag too. but how would you do sub belts?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
i've looked at the sportster also. not a bad compromise and they have an (optional?) airbag too. but how would you do sub belts?
they do not have airbags in the USA market. Do not have cooling. Pretty much they do not have anything at all here in USA thanks to local regulators, but if you are crafty you can (may be) retrofit this stuff in, if you want. Not sure.
I run standard bare sporster cs in leather, and love it. just drove 8 hours, 400 miles yesterday on a day trip and my bad lower back feels perfect. on some web site i saw them for sale at $1600 shipped, full retail is about of $1900 plus shipping. you also will need recaro mounting bracket for them if you want them to slide - it is an additional $200-300 or so.
if you are not higher than 6' you should fit fine. If you are way longer than 6' then may be it would make more sense to mount driver seat directly to the floor with no sliders as it will give additional 1.5" clearence and franly I very rarely move seat back and forth from my favorite position, so, it is up to you. removing sliders from sporster cs will require some effort as they are 'incorporated' into seat design but it is doable. Still, I am 6' tall and I have no issues fitting in, so, that`s my experience.

For harness with submarine belts I use this
http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/r.../jetpilot.html

It is an excellent harness, SFI-16-1, gets mounted on 4 points but works same as 6pt harness.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Just keep in mind that if your car comes stock with airbags in the stock seats and you remove them for non air bag seats and you get into an accident on the street your insurance company and it's lawyers or your passengers lawyer will have a fun time with you.

I triple checked on this and would not tamper with a cars federally mandate and approved air bag system

Last edited by mdrums; 10-12-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:35 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Just keep in mind that if your car comes stock with airbags in the stock seats and you remove them for non air bag seats and you get into an accident on the street your insurance company and it's lawyers or your passengers lawyer will have a fun time with you.

I triple checked on this and would not tper with a cars federally mandate and approved air bag system
I was waiting for debbie downer aka schleprock aka mrdrums to post this....

Per usual captain research, you over think this stuff. Quit talking to your lawyers, get off the internet, and go for a drive

Quick Reply: WTB: Used OEM GT2 Bucket seats