Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

For harness with submarine belts I use this
http://www.teamtechmotorsports.com/r.../jetpilot.html
Is this legal for DE/PCA Club?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 AM
4forme
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have a set for sale next week in full leather. Pics to follow.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Not4off
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT2 seats

Will the GT2 seats fit in the 996? The 991?

I have a set of GT2 seats taken out of my '09 Carrera S with Brey-Krause sub bars installed which I'd like to sell. They are all leather and in excellent shape.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Not4off; 11-05-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added photo/became member
Old 10-31-2012, 10:20 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Put up an ad with photos here and in the classifieds. They usually sell pretty quick. Probably $5500 or thereabouts.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 PM
kristob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Not4off
Will the GT2 seats fit in the 996? The 991?

I have a set of GT2 seats taken out of my '09 Carrera S with Brey-Krause sub bars installed which I'd like to sell. They are all leather and in excellent shape.
I'm in the market for a set. Kris.c.tobias@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 AM
RS GT3 RS
Advanced

I have a pair of GT3 RS sport bucket for sale. What is a fair price to get rid of them? I guess buyer will pay for shipping.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by RS GT3 RS
I have a pair of GT3 RS sport bucket for sale. What is a fair price to get rid of them? I guess buyer will pay for shipping.
5k-5.5k for "as new", you can get them new for around $6.7k from the right source such as isringhausen or suncoast...

shipping will not be cheap and you will have to pack them well to avoid damage...

when I bought a pair new a couple of years ago they were shipped freight and came on boxed palettes!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:50 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Just keep in mind that if your car comes stock with airbags in the stock seats and you remove them for non air bag seats and you get into an accident on the street your insurance company and it's lawyers or your passengers lawyer will have a fun time with you.

I triple checked on this and would not tamper with a cars federally mandate and approved air bag system
Not really true unless you falsely represent them. Since with any of the OEM 997 seats in the US, including sport buckets, have side airbags in the seats; you can get an insurance discount for them. If you swap to seats without them, you just take the discount off your insurance and all is good. If you remove them and get into an accident where they could reduce injury, you can be denied medical coverage only for committing fraud by falsely representing them. Liability and collision are based on the value of the vehicle. Removing airbags, would only decrease replacement value of the vehicle; hence not effecting whether coverage of your vehicle could be accepted or denied. It would also not effect damage to another vehicle under your collision coverage. The expense associated with injuries of the passengers in the vehicle is a different story.

Two more things to note:

1. Side airbags are not mandated by DOT, only front airbags and door impact beams are. There is no legal requirement to have side airbags in a new car.
2. The factory ECU can be set for no side airbags. Any dealer can disable them as this is a factory configuration with C-GT seats (no side airbags) options in other parts of the world. Hence no irritating dash light if you swap to seats without them. Both my local dealers have done this for several cars that swapped seats.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey all...

I wanted to post up information regarding this topic since some of you have mentioned the Recaro Sportster CS....

I can personally confirm that the Sportster CS will not fit in the 996/997 without extensive modification to the seat and/or bracket.

My Personal story... I planned to install a set of Recaro Speed's in my 996TT. I purchased the real Recaro brackets/sliders from FVD US to mount sport/speed seats into a 996/997. Then, I purchased a set of Recaro Speed's and I was planning to have them recovered in Boxster Red leather. THANK GOODNESS I chose to test fit everything prior to having the seats covered.... the Speed/Sport/Sportster fitment issue deals with the adjustment **** for the recline function. The problem is that the tunnel for seat tapers in on the outboard side where the seatbelt mounts. The adjustment **** runs into the carpet/body in this location and severely limits the rearward travel on the seat. Not to mention, ramming the adjustment **** into the carpet will surely destroy the carpet in short order.

After doing some research, I found a PDF from Recaro DE that shows the bracket part numbers and fitment guide. According to this document, the only seats that will fit into the 996/997 using the bracket/slider kit are a fixed bucket, or any reclinable bucket they make with a power recline feature, which deletes the ****.

For reference, I found a picture online of someone who did mount Sportster CS's into their 996; the individual stated they had to modify the seat extensively to obtain fitment. If you look closely at the picture, you will see exactly what I am talking about - the recline **** is rammed squarely into the carpet/body on the outboard side. - This will really limit the travel of the seat back.

In my test fit on the passenger side, the seat was moved about 3-4" forward from the stock seat's rear-most position. I sat down on it to test and you COULD sit in the seat, but not comfortably.

I am posting this information in the hope to clarify for anyone thinking about putting seats in their car. I've spent over $2500 on seats and brackets that will not work in my car... As of now I am trying to work with the company I bought the seats from to return them... But I know I will take a loss as they charge a hefty restocking fee... And the Recaro brackets were almost $700 for the pair.

IF you choose to go down this route, My suggestion would be to consider a set of the Sport Topline, as they are full leather or suede, have the power recline function and would fit properly, and are heated AND ventilated. - they will 100% fit without a problem in the car and I am trying to talk to Recaro to find out if they will build me a set in Boxster Red.

Good luck all.

- Chris.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:12 AM
Racecardriver16
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old thread bump!

Wondering if anybody got the sportster CS to fit? I dont need the ability to adjust the back, perhaps removing the ****?
Old 12-02-2017, 03:53 PM
white rock
Instructor

They fit perfect in my 997. Know it’s an old thread, just answering

Quick Reply: WTB: Used OEM GT2 Bucket seats