Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

AiM Sport (MXL Strada) or Traqmate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:09 PM
Terence_lai
Instructor

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Reach out to Joe Cooley at Circuit Motorsports. He got me a great deal on the AIM setup. If he doesn't respond, PM me and I'll give you a contact at AIM head office that answers emails on weekends, evenings, etc. to serve his company's customers.
Thanks in dance and let see if I get any luck tmr.
Old 09-08-2011 | 12:11 PM
Terence_lai
Instructor

Originally Posted by CRex
Terence--

AIM is a good system, but there are various overlapping products so you need to choose the one that works for you (MXL vs. MyChron vs. Evo vs. Solo)...

I've dealt with both Jordan (AIM) and Joe (Circuit). Both are top-notch and very responsive. I'm local to you (HK)--if you're not in a rush I'm happy to show you my setup before you make your purchase. Just PM me.
Thanks and its so good to hv a homies around. Will let you know.
Old 09-09-2011 | 03:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Figures the guy from San Francisco would say that.

Then buy a cheap 17" Windows PC and call it a day.
haha, i did just that.
bought a pc just for my aim and traqmate.
i cannot for the life of me turn the pc on. too hard for me.
left it on driveway so max and start using it as bases for little league.

but b/n aim and tqmate, aim is so much better and expandable.
Old 09-09-2011 | 09:27 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
No. The Mac software is too hard to write for such a small segment of users out there. Plus most of this software is free and downloadable which really doesn't help to justify the expense to design the software for the Mac.

Just bite the bullet and install windows on the Mac.

Not sure I want to install windows on my Mac...might be a better deal to buy a cheap new or used PC laptop and just use it for Data, track video's and Durametric and leave it in the garage.
Old 09-09-2011 | 09:50 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

That's exactly what I did as well. I'm a mac user and have been using nothing but macs and apple products for home and office. So I picked up a cheap HP Core i5 laptop from Costco for $600 and use that exclusively for setup and data analysis of my AIM system: Evo4 + Mychron dash + Smartycam. Very happy with the setup, though I still find windows so incredibly annoying to use that I end up handling the Smartycam video editing and archiving on one of my macs using iMovie and other easier to use mac apps.
Old 09-09-2011 | 11:33 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Masmole...thanks....I get to tast PC's a few times a month at customers...I can't stand them either. $600 would be too much to spend for me on something like this but then I start to think about the computer power I might need to run track data on it...so not really sure.
Old 09-09-2011 | 01:13 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

I am a Mac user too (since OS X first came out), and for racing (I race karts) I have a $270 Toshiba Netbook with Race Studio for interfacing with my AIM Mychron. I don't know if I can play my ContourGPS video files on it but it's fine for Race Studio data. Bought it at the local Best Buy. Bonus- I have Durametric on it too and if I'm at a track day I can read any codes immediately. Not bad for a $270 investment.
Old 09-09-2011 | 05:20 PM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

Lot of inexpensive items out there. Dont need to spend $600. $300 get more than you need

http://tinyurl.com/3ruvo33
Old 09-09-2011 | 07:05 PM
MGR-GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
I am a Mac user too (since OS X first came out), and for racing (I race karts) I have a $270 Toshiba Netbook with Race Studio for interfacing with my AIM Mychron. I don't know if I can play my ContourGPS video files on it but it's fine for Race Studio data. Bought it at the local Best Buy. Bonus- I have Durametric on it too and if I'm at a track day I can read any codes immediately. Not bad for a $270 investment.
Same here. Shifter Karts, Mychron data, Race Studio, Durametric and GoPro videos all playing from the small (Dell in my case) notebook. No issues.

Quick Reply: AiM Sport (MXL Strada) or Traqmate?