FS: as-new BOsch motorsport ABS for boxsters, 911s, gt3s

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:14 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: as-new BOsch motorsport ABS for boxsters, 911s, gt3s

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...ml#post8836054

thing works mint. we bought it because we were tired of staining our shorts with near death misses going full boogie into brake zones with the factory abs units.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Man! that's what my Cup car needs! It's on my wish list. At this time a box of adult diaper will have to do. Good luck with sale
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM
hrm
n/a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daddy Wants!!!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man that is very nice
Old 09-02-2011, 03:25 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh man that is not messing about!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive commented to a few people that the improvement in braking, ability to go deeper, more reliable, with a stiff, linear solid pedal...that unit gives you an improvement equal to the difference, lets say to the difference between a 986 3.2l t a 987 3.2l...20hp on 250.
or a gt3rs.1 to a gt3rs.2

is it earth shattering? its pretty noteable. i wouldnt want to be driving against someone with it if i didnt.

what is best about the unit is you can really tell what its doing. it has that tick tick tick feeling when you finally get into the abs.
and over the course of a practice session you can make 1 click at a time changes and see what works best for your brake application on the track...and if it starts raining while driving, you just put it in mode1 or mode 2 which are designed for rain... but for me, i pretty much would get it sorted in the first 3,4 turns and forget about it till perhaps late in the session or the first stint of an endurance race, where the tires would be getting shot, id soften it up so we'd save the tires a bit by utilizing the abs more. by then everyone is in a good flow, spread out a bit, and i wouldnt be gong deeper.

its also great because you can put it in mode12 which turns it off.now you can drive around without abs to learn the limits of th ebraking before lockup. go back and look at data, and adjust brake pads, bias to get a more neutral braking car. and lastly, if you pay bosch to do custom programming, they can dial in more bias electronically.

in th eboxsters, yellow pads front and rear is preferred but its maybe not enough rear bite. yellow front black rear is good but perhaps too much bite.
proportioning valves not permitted.
so thats where dialing it in electronically is best.

its expensive, but its th ebest system out there no question about it.

Quick Reply: FS: as-new BOsch motorsport ABS for boxsters, 911s, gt3s