Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Thinking of Suspension Upgrades? New Lower Pricing for RSS/SharkWerks Components

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

replacing the rear toe, dog and LCA with RSS parts really made the back of my car significantly more "planted" than the OEM ... I would highly recommend the RSS parts...
Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM
chardonet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
replacing the rear toe, dog and LCA with RSS parts really made the back of my car significantly more "planted" than the OEM ... I would highly recommend the RSS parts...
Larry: What other RSS components do you have installed? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by chardonet
Larry: What other RSS components do you have installed? Thanks.
Ive done things in stages based upon costs etc ...

phase I: replaced all the rear control arms (except LCA) with RSS, & locking plates

really noticed that the car turned in, and was more stable through corners

phase II: tarret drop links, GMG 1/2 bump steer at front (because RSS doesn't have those parts) and GMG sway bar kit.

I like the new sways ... but have not yet played with settings.

phase III: RSS LCA and RSS front bump steer (replacing GMG)

replacing the OEM rear LCA (which is not shimmable on the 3, as it is on the RS, because that is a split part) really tighten the rear even more, but there is on some surfaces some additional road noise in the cabin.

n.b I replaced the GMG front bump steer kit because I preferred the design of the RSS over the GMG part (which required a part pressed into the wheel carrier bushing)

that's it so far ... from my experience I would recommmend:

1) replace all rear OEM CA's with RSS
2) (for 3's, maybe less for RS) replace rear OEM LCA with RSS, I would probably not replace the fronts, unless it was a primary track (only) car ...

What I would really like to do next is to swap my OEM springs for the OEM 4.0 RS setup!!!

Quick Reply: Thinking of Suspension Upgrades? New Lower Pricing for RSS/SharkWerks Components