Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

HELP with Passenger Air Bag Off Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts
Default HELP with Passenger Air Bag Off Light

I had my rool bar and harnesses installed last night. All the fault codes where cleared and the only light that lights up is the orange light on the center console...Passenger Air Bag Off light.

Nothing is laying in the seat and when I sit in it the light goes off. This light only comes on when something light weight is in the seat but not heavy enough to trigger the airbags so the air bags are turned off.

I remember seeing a thread about installing the Bre-Kraus sub bars and these can trigger this light if a certain sequence is not followed. I've search and search the forums and can not find this thread....anyone help????
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Just got back from a wasted trip to the dealer...they still can't get the Passenger Air Bag Off light to go out. They reset and cleared everything.

The dealer is now blaming the installer saying you absolutly CAN NOT take screws out of the seat base assembly because the 4 weight sensors rely on these bolts on the seat base to sence the weight of a passenger or no passenger. The dealer said the sensors are seeing different weights at all 4 sensors and are getting "Calibration Failed". They said either this is the issue or the installer broke 1 or more of the sensors.

I called the installer and they called BS on this dealer and they have me in touch with another dealer to go try and get this fixed.

I also found a thread and talked on the phone to the OP that had this same problem. His fix was the take out the BK sub bar and have the dealer do a DME rest and clear out everything. Then the system worked as it should with no Passenger Air Bag Light Off. He then with out unplugging the seat installed the BK Sub mount and everything worked perfectly.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry missed you in ft myers. Call me next time your in town. Love to see the new ride. Sorry to hear about the light im sure it will be fine you might still need those red gloves

Mike
Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by mkk62
Sorry missed you in ft myers. Call me next time your in town. Love to see the new ride. Sorry to hear about the light im sure it will be fine you might still need those red gloves

Mike
1st time out with the car and yeah I will need those red gloves until I get more brave with the new car. I was going to call you but figured you were working.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Reeves Porsche fixed my light problem...seems like Bert Smith had everything coded wrong. I don't know what the deal was but it's working properly now.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Reeves Porsche fixed my light problem...seems like Bert Smith had everything coded wrong. I don't know what the deal was but it's working properly now.
Maybe they didn't set the thorax airbag for the seats with the PIWIS properly? Something like that?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:58 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 140 Posts

So it was config and not the sub-bar affecting the calibration?

Quick Reply: HELP with Passenger Air Bag Off Light