Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Good shops near Roebling Road?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Most race tire shops are "rougher" on wheels than Walmart.
Agreed. I keep telling him not to worry it. Carter has him convinced that they are going to tear the silicone bead on the 3 piece wheels. On a side note, just one more reason not to buy 3 piece wheels...

If you don't like the idea of Walmart working on them. Here's another choice:

Tire Kingdom
Categories: Auto Repair, Tires [Edit]
144 Beach City Rd
Savannah, GA 31401
(843) 681-5969

http://www.savannahtire.com/index.htm

http://www.tiresplus.com/

This actually may be a great option too as they're used to dealing with $$$ rims.

http://www.rnrwheels.com/
Old 08-13-2011, 08:02 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I think u are more Jewish
I've been accused of being a little parsimonious at times
Old 08-13-2011, 08:08 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
nick = niko = nikos = nicholas = nicola
it's all greek.
Agreed. You'd have to know Nick to understand. He's born and raised here in Florida.

However, he turns into the Greek version of the Dos Equis beer commercial guy when he gets around the ladies.

(in my best greek accent) "Helloow ladies. My name is Niko, and I'm from a humble village in Greece where my family used to herd goats and build shields for the spartan warriors. Now I own restaurants and drive fancy car. What time do you get out of high school? I can pick you up sometime."
Old 08-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Agreed. You'd have to know Nick to understand. He's born and raised here in Florida.

However, he turns into the Greek version of the Dos Equis beer commercial guy when he gets around the ladies.

(in my best greek accent) "Helloow ladies. My name is Niko, and I'm from a humble village in Greece where my family used to herd goats and build shields for the spartan warriors. Now I own restaurants and drive fancy car. What time do you get out of high school? I can pick you up sometime."
LOL

Dont worry about Walmart on your blinger wheels. During maniation I saw how teh race shops treated Reters BBS and they didnt spring a leak.....except for a valve stem
Old 08-13-2011, 12:04 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Randy -

I may need to borrow a set of Shaved RA1s incase the devil tires don't make it through the weekend.

Trailex on the way....

Originally Posted by The Greek
Jimmy, you forgot Nikolaki.... Burke wanted to start the Jewish-Irish club, but he refused to pay for the initial fees....

I know the wheels will get beat up, but still cant justify a walmart trip. Your asking for too much to go wrong....
If something goes wrong, would you rather one of the biggest companies in the world to stand behind their work or a small tire shop?
Old 08-13-2011, 11:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Agreed. I keep telling him not to worry it. Carter has him convinced that they are going to tear the silicone bead on the 3 piece wheels. On a side note, just one more reason not to buy 3 piece wheels...

If you don't like the idea of Walmart working on them. Here's another choice:

Tire Kingdom
Categories: Auto Repair, Tires [Edit]
144 Beach City Rd
Savannah, GA 31401
(843) 681-5969

http://www.savannahtire.com/index.htm

http://www.tiresplus.com/

This actually may be a great option too as they're used to dealing with $$$ rims.

http://www.rnrwheels.com/
Not trying to scare him but it wouldn't hurt for him to show the tire mounting guy the seem and tell him to be very careful. If they have done Reter's BBS all will be fine.
I don't understand why Nicko just didn't buy the tires from Forgeline and have them mounted at Forgeline and shipped.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by onelove
Randy -

I may need to borrow a set of Shaved RA1s incase the devil tires don't make it through the weekend.

Trailex on the way....

Jimmy, you forgot Nikolaki.... Burke wanted to start the Jewish-Irish club, but he refused to pay for the initial fees....

I know the wheels will get beat up, but still cant justify a walmart trip. Your asking for too much to go wrong....
If something goes wrong, would you rather one of the biggest companies in the world to stand behind their work or a small tire shop?
I run a 335 rear, does it fit on Camo
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Wes:

I have a brand new set of rear 18" shaved RA1's if you want them. They should fit camo. I can bring them up with me.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:13 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I run a 335 rear, does it fit on Camo
I've got 315s on it now on CCW's with a ton of room to spare ( I just used them becuase I had to keep the front ratio for the now missing AWD). If it doesn't fit nothing a baseball bat won't take care of!

Wes:

I have a brand new set of rear 18" shaved RA1's if you want them. They should fit camo. I can bring them up with me.
I will let you know once I get my transport situation figured out, that would be awesome! Not 100% I'm going to need them yet, but don't expect much out of the R888s on it that have been sitting on it for 3 years now.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

Mike, 2 problems with tires being mounted at forgeline. 1, they cant get the tires in time without me paying for extra shipping. 2, the wheels need 24-36 hours for the sealant to cure. They dont recommend mounting a tire before then.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Mike, 2 problems with tires being mounted at forgeline. 1, they cant get the tires in time without me paying for extra shipping. 2, the wheels need 24-36 hours for the sealant to cure. They dont recommend mounting a tire before then.
Buy tires, mount at Walmart......slip the tire guy a $20, tell him you are a baller and dont want scratched wheels
Old 08-14-2011, 10:24 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 64 Posts

I swear on the beard of Zeus, if my wheels get messed up at Walmart, im coming after all you guys.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

DDog, ill give you $50 is you carve my initals in the barrel of his wheels while at Roebling
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

DDog, ill give you $50 is you carve my initals in the barrel of his wheels while at Roebling
I'll do it for free

Quick Reply: Good shops near Roebling Road?