Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

HELP..GT3 Cup Lower Control Arms..Learned Something Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Dog, yeah I've got to make up my mind on who is installing my lower control arms, and rear toes links....the dealer before delivery time, Vortex or when the car goes down to Gavin at Auto Quest for the roll bar and harness install and seat mod?....or take a day trip over to Orbit and let them install it all and drive back across FL.

Ain't gots no baby's so ain't gots no baby's mama... but I gots me a fine azz Queen Bee!
Dealer, never

Gavin or orbit....both good guys
Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Dealer, never

Gavin or orbit....both good guys
Yeah I know that is what I keep thinking but my dealer has a good tech that use to work at Vortex and has done amrs and links a lot before....Dealer price is probably way to high so that will solve that problem anyway! LOL
Old 08-05-2011, 08:53 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I don't know...how do I know if I can?
this is rotatable upper strut mount.
http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...lta-detail.htm

but you better find stock GT3 mount, suncoast used to have them. this one above is a racing part, it got no seal on monoball. stock part has same type steel monoball but it is well protected from elements and will last forever.
what you gain with those mounts is total elimination of dynamic camber changes on top as stock 997 upper mounts have rubber seal there and strut moves a bit in it. with those mounts it stays solid.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:45 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Thanks Paul, I'm doing solid bushings in my LCA's and Rear Toe Links and I'm going to stop there. I don't want to solid mount everything as this is still a street car driven weekly.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Yes, I'm going to keep breaking your ***** for getting the gimmicky CL's when you could have gotten 5 lug
Bustin' ***** huh.....Unlike you at least I don't have a Kenwood system w/ Nav and back up camera...seriously are you that short you can't see to back up a small car?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:48 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Well, I was wrong about the info given to me that the GT3 Cup and RSR LCA's are longer than the GT3 LCA. While at Auto Quest with Gavin I brought this up and we measured a set of GT3 and GT3 Cup LCA's....they are the same length.

Sorry for passing along bad info but I wanted to report the truth and what I found.

Quick Reply: HELP..GT3 Cup Lower Control Arms..Learned Something Today