Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New member here >>

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:40 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter82
Please post more of your first impressions of the GT3, for those of us thinking of moving into a GT car.
Is your car modd'd or is it all stock?

Jason
the car has a sharkwerks bypass installed - sounds awesome. other than that it's stock.

first impressions:
+ it's a comfortable ride for a supercar
+ it's fast
+ it's fast
+ gearbox is awesome
+ brakes are not what i expected (they may need to be bled)
+ i'm shocked the 2007 PCM does not have bluetooth or usb capability, but it does have the TOOKI bluetooth module installed.
+ the car gets a lot of looks. i had someone video capture me on 84 on the way home. never had that happen before.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Back in 2000 I had an Audi S3 tuned at MTM (the mods were more expensive than the car). The end result was a rocket for the straights and a terrible car for anything else.

This is a real car there is no comparison with the TT.. Enjoy in good health and remember to use the search function.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewgt3
Couple questions:
+ after a few hours of driving engaging the reverse gear produced significant vibration / shaking until fully engaged. I'm familiar with the feel of a race clutch (I have a Stage 2 Spec clutch in the TT), but this felt odd to me. Normal / hosed flywheel / trans mount?
I asked the same question several years back when I got my GT3. It seemed to happen more on wet days and/or when driven in a lot of stop/go traffic. The chatter would happen mostly in reverse and sometimes in first. Oddly, the chattering would go away completely after a track day, or after a hard run.

It's now been four years and it comes/goes exactly based on the pattern mentioned above. I've driven several other GT3's that exhibit the same pattern so my hypothesis is that the flywheel and/or clutch gets heat spot or humidity related chatter that goes away once you've pushed it hard enough to remove the glaze from the materials and/or the humidity dries up.

It's just a theory, but after four years, I stopped worrying about it because the clutch works great with no slip or other issues. My car has 31,000km and 30+ track days.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:52 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewgt3
the car has a sharkwerks bypass installed - sounds awesome. other than that it's stock.

first impressions:
+ it's a comfortable ride for a supercar
+ it's fast
+ it's fast
+ gearbox is awesome
+ brakes are not what i expected (they may need to be bled)
+ i'm shocked the 2007 PCM does not have bluetooth or usb capability, but it does have the TOOKI bluetooth module installed.
+ the car gets a lot of looks. i had someone video capture me on 84 on the way home. never had that happen before.
Glad you like it!!!

Quick Reply: New member here >>