Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Socal Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:00 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Isn't Arling **** / Lucent considered a top service shop in LA ?

wsh
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Arling sold the shop a few years ago
Old 07-08-2011, 11:19 AM
aperalta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Well, after a very long search, I finally found a 2010 GT3 I love. It should be here sometime mid next week. In the meantime, I'm trying to get prepared for the first round of mods and also identify good local shops. I've searched quite a bit and would just like some feedback on the items below:

Clear bra: I know EVERYONE recommends Premiere. Only problem is they are over an hour away and time is at a premium. Does anyone recommend a top notch installer in the San Fernando Valley or nearby? If there isn't another option, i'll likely bite the bullet and go to Premiere.

Service & Maint: I went in and toured Werks II last Friday and they were very nice and the shop looked great. They are also pretty darn close. Any feedback from other owners on them besides what I've found from searching?

Tires: after reading the new CL procedure, I'm a bit paranoid about who to use. Any recommendations besides the dealer for a trustworthy tire shop in the SFV? Werks recommended Western Tire in Burbank and said they are familiar with the CL's and do their cup cars all the time.

All info is appreciated.
When it comes time for alignment I hear great things about Johnson tire and alignment in Torrance. This is right next door to Callas Rennsport--they know their stuff on alignments on these cars. Highly recommended esp. if you are going to track.

Quick Reply: Socal Shop Recommendations