Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

*RSS X pipe special*

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:36 AM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fresh batch arrives this week - these are THE BEST...stainless, powdercoated BLACK, made in USA, flawless workmanship, incredible sound...and damn good lookin'!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:14 AM
drags
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm me price thnks
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

drags: You are a new user - no PMs allowed on your profile yet - you can shoot us an e-mail at:
rennstore@comcast.net
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 20 Posts

PM price and weight please - thanks.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
NineEleven
Instructor

Guys, I've just fitted this X pipe from Rennstore. Absolutely awesome, one of the best sounding Porsche that I've ever heard bar the CUP cars & early carbs. Fitted with my local guy who said the fitting & sound is better than SW. Damn! Those guys charged me US$450? to fit exhaust, well, the bumper has to come off. The P badge with a horse does add some value huh, anyway, the finish was well worth it.

My car is supposed to have SW x pipe but somehow wasn't there when I bought it!

Anyway, what I like about this system is that it's black coated & comes with larger fixed tailpipe whereas on the SW, you bolt back the heavy factory tailpipes. But the sound! It's immediately more pronounced with a deeper, bassy growl (not too loud or irritating) & very obvious with sportmode (open valves) but everytime you rev above 4Krpm, there's this very distinct racing sound that's expelled from the engine note like a screaming orgasm :mrgreen: It sounds almost like a Scuderia or the 360Challenge Stradale which is the loudest of the 360 lot. Now, the RS finally has a sound to match Maranello.

Very very seductive, it tempts you to drive above 4k rpm all the time just to listen to that symphony

I tried a quick video but wasn't able to capture the sound correctly.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Wow it got there quickly!

Your comments echo that of another mechanic. The mfgrs really do know how to make an excellent quality / excellent fitting product.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Aerokitted
Pro

Originally Posted by NineEleven
Guys, I've just fitted this X pipe from Rennstore. Absolutely awesome, one of the best sounding Porsche that I've ever heard bar the CUP cars & early carbs. Fitted with my local guy who said the fitting & sound is better than SW. Damn! Those guys charged me US$450? to fit exhaust, well, the bumper has to come off. The P badge with a horse does add some value huh, anyway, the finish was well worth it.

My car is supposed to have SW x pipe but somehow wasn't there when I bought it!

Anyway, what I like about this system is that it's black coated & comes with larger fixed tailpipe whereas on the SW, you bolt back the heavy factory tailpipes. But the sound! It's immediately more pronounced with a deeper, bassy growl (not too loud or irritating) & very obvious with sportmode (open valves) but everytime you rev above 4Krpm, there's this very distinct racing sound that's expelled from the engine note like a screaming orgasm :mrgreen: It sounds almost like a Scuderia or the 360Challenge Stradale which is the loudest of the 360 lot. Now, the RS finally has a sound to match Maranello.

Very very seductive, it tempts you to drive above 4k rpm all the time just to listen to that symphony

I tried a quick video but wasn't able to capture the sound correctly.
I think pretty much any of the big3 bypass pipes get the job done.
i think a bypass is the only requisite mode on a 997 GT3. no drone. quiet when you want it to and absolutely crazy when wot. i love the bark when you start the car. that's prob my favorite thing about it all!

thx for sharing.

Last edited by Aerokitted; 12-14-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

The RSS X also utilizes MADE IN USA Clampco clamps...the best
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Clamps for the X pipe
Attached Images  
Old 12-24-2011, 03:57 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

pm me price please
Old 12-25-2011, 12:24 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Craig, can you PM price pls.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:55 PM
magwheels
Rennlist Member

Merry Christmas to everyone. This is my first post!
I installed this pipe earlier this week in 2hrs and 15 min. The rear bumper does not have to come off.
I put the car on the lift, removed the six nuts on each side of the center muffler at the flanges. I took a screwdriver and slipped the donuts back on the two pipes ( the top pipe is flexible).I removed the two large clamps holding the center muffler to the engine. The right side muffler has three nuts holding it to the bracket to undo and one clamp at the bottom to loosen. On the left side muffler I just loosened the bottom clamp. I took a small pry bar and eased the right side pipes out of the center muffler, then wiggled and pulled it to the right to disengage the left side pipes. Out came the center muffler and in with the RSS pipe. I used Zep 45 as a lubricant. Pull the donuts off as you will not use them. The two inch clamp goes on the top flex pipe, the 2.5 inch clamp goes on the lower pipe, and the large clamps hold the X pipe to the original center muffler mount.The clamps are a work of art. I cranked it on the lift to check for leaks and then went for my first drive.
Very sweet sound with no drone and quiet with sport mode off.
Thanks.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:04 PM
911GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Please PM price and weight savings (i.e. if you weighed stock after removal). Also, it sounds like an average DIYer can install without removing bumper--yes?

Thank you.

2010 GT3
Old 12-26-2011, 01:35 AM
lopro
Banned

Yes by the look of it, with a jack or lift you can install it yourself without taking off the rear bumper. Others are saying its possible.

This would/should have been a group buy. may have been benificial to the buyers by the looks of all the people interested. They are nice exhausts. I do like how the tail pipes are connected directly instead of having to later bolt them on after the fact.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:57 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Can it be done without the bumper removed? Yes.

However, it is <15min to remove the bumper and makes things infinitely easier. Especially if you have stubborn clamps, connections, etc.

Quick Reply: *RSS X pipe special*