Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

How many km is OK when buying a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

just another thought; you might look for a Manthey modified car (probably a 996) they do great work, and you might pick up some nice mods for zero on the euro ... have someone else pay for the modifications ...
Old 06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Knudsen
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
just another thought; you might look for a Manthey modified car (probably a 996) they do great work, and you might pick up some nice mods for zero on the euro ... have someone else pay for the modifications ...
Hey - funny you talk about the modified possibility. Here is a strongly modified normal 996 GT3 (sorry about the language :-): http://www.blocket.se/gotland/Porsch...m?ca=23_11&w=0
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

track missle ...

if you think at all that you might "modify"; take the advice of someone who took a long time to learn the lesson ... get someone else to pay for it ...

on the flip side ... make sure whoever did the work knows what they are doing ...

Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Knudsen
7th Gear

I agree with RAPID, the 996RS is probably the one that will depreciate the least at this point, a 997.1 still has some downside, and even more the .2's ...

I think the only way to pick one is to drive a couple of likely candidates ..

the bottom line is that regardless of what you buy you will not be dissapointed in the experience!
Yep I think you and RAPID are right about the 996RS - the best investment if you don't crash it;-)
Well finding owners who will let me try their GT3 on track might be a little hard ;-)

and on the color thing, I think silver and black .1 RSes are pretty rare ... the majority were either orange or green ... and they all sold out ... so I dont think resale of such cars would be a problem later
In my country the green ones are not seen that often - and I guess there are also two white ones....

track missle ...
Yeah I guess it's fast.....

if you think at all that you might "modify"; take the advice of someone who took a long time to learn the lesson ... get someone else to pay for it ...

on the flip side ... make sure whoever did the work knows what they are doing ...

I am listening..... I even wondered about modifying my own 997S, but after rethinking I knew it would never be as good as a GT3......
Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

leave your 997s alone, it will cost you much money, time, and heartache, and it still won't be a gt3.
as the guys said, 996 rs is where it's at. born to race, little in the way of compromise. only 682 made. already at the bottom of the depreciation curve. only way is up. 997 rs is very nice too....but 996 is just a tad more hardcore, and raw. can't go wrong with either.

Quick Reply: How many km is OK when buying a GT3?