Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fritz you gotta make make a trip to some tracks further south now
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

[QUOTE=sin911;8636288]
It seems like I need to back up and breathe a little. Just take it down a notch and try to be more consistent.

QUOTE]

Exactly......you can ask any of us ameatuers......my fastest laps on TM are when I was not trying for a fast lap. The faster I think I am going the slower the car is going. If I feel slow I am fast......

Peters second video is in the same heat as this weekend

Here is another option.

Run the next Chin event. Email Mark Hicks and tell him you want to run in the blue group with an instructor. Pay the $75 or so for a Chin instructor. Explain to Mark you are looking for a seasoned instructor......trust me they exist I have had most of my instruction from Chin and have had some awesome instructors.

Sometimes prople move out of the instructed group of one club to an non-instructed group of another club. You might have been moved out of instruction too quick.

Another thing I do to work on my time is use Traqmate after the event.......but put tape over the face of it so I cannot see time. Get to learn a goodlap vs a bad lap.......bad laps have oversteer when not expected
Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Izzone,

I don't know how to set up TM, so after each session when I download to my computer I need to set up stat/finish line or the TM doesn't show any time at all...

I agree that I need some good coaching, but come on! I'm a little past having an instructor explain me what gas and brake is I need a good instructor telling my mistakes and how to improve.

What the guy riding with me basically implying was the car was saving my *** on the track. This car is very good and fast, but not a "save my *** when I need to" car, it's more of a "if you're not careful I'm gonna bite you in the ***" type of a car. It's not like I have PSM and relying on it to save my *** when I make a mistake.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
Izzone,

I don't know how to set up TM, so after each session when I download to my computer I need to set up stat/finish line or the TM doesn't show any time at all...

I agree that I need some good coaching, but come on! I'm a little past having an instructor explain me what gas and brake is I need a good instructor telling my mistakes and how to improve.

What the guy riding with me basically implying was the car was saving my *** on the track. This car is very good and fast, but not a "save my *** when I need to" car, it's more of a "if you're not careful I'm gonna bite you in the ***" type of a car. It's not like I have PSM and relying on it to save my *** when I make a mistake.
exit speed
entry speed
full corner speed
condense braking
don't lift anywhere

rinse and repeat

Car control is the easy part and using the gas to its fullest and the brake to its fullest is the hard part and the part that we work on last.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Fritz you gotta make make a trip to some tracks further south now
Absolutely but I'm a cheap bastard so if you guys can get me to RA that might be the limit
Old 06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
Absolutely but I'm a cheap bastard so if you guys can get me to RA that might be the limit
Lets all plan a meet at Roebling Road in the fall

Cheap track time and fun
Old 06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

[QUOTE=Izzone;8636473]
Exactly......you can ask any of us ameatuers......my fastest laps on TM are when I was not trying for a fast lap. The faster I think I am going the slower the car is going. If I feel slow I am fast......
+1 thats what I was trying to share with the yellow-spinner. As I hear it he perfected the rotation on Sunday
Old 06-14-2011, 06:21 PM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the shout out Randy that's one of the many reasons why I love to give what I know back...
Old 06-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

[QUOTE=VERBOTN;8636903]
Originally Posted by Izzone
+1 thats what I was trying to share with the yellow-spinner. As I hear it he perfected the rotation on Sunday
Were u in the white NASA spec boxter in red group ?
Old 06-14-2011, 06:57 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

No car that weekend just came over to help some buds and take a ride with Andrew. We briefly met just before you took him out in your car late Sat. My boxster is not exactly spec............ If you attend PBOC/PCA events swing by our rig and enjoy some hospitality
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

+1 Hospitality is second to none. Outdoor shower, music, food..
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by VERBOTN
No car that weekend just came over to help some buds and take a ride with Andrew. We briefly met just before you took him out in your car late Sat. My boxster is not exactly spec............ If you attend PBOC/PCA events swing by our rig and enjoy some hospitality
There was a boxter with upgraded engine, we ran some laps, best time I had all weekend

Except for picking on deputy dog
Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ian is faster than most mortals. The only thing faster than Ian is Leh.

Ian is a National Champion autocrosser. See? it helps at the series of autoX turns at Sebring.

Ian's 996 GT2 in the video is Eddie's car, the cheater car we all know. Ian ran real slicks for the UTCC, so a 2:14.6 is very respectable, probably a 2:17-2:18 on the cheater RA1 ultra wide and shaved most GT3RS guys use at Sebring.

Whatever Porro says, do it, he drives 11/10th, I have him on videos to prove it.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:05 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice I'm only 3 seconds of him in this heat ! I'll get there in a little bit. Ian, need you as a coach !
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

ian is sawing away at the wheel trying to find grip ( which he does). looks like a hand-full. good job though, for sure.

Quick Reply: Sebring videos