Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring videos

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011 | 08:16 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Oh I got video of him that you can see in my rear view T10 all sidways and squirrlly then yes I lifted on back staright thinking I'd get some video of me following him. Geesh I never thought a simple friendly point by to catch some video of a friend would turn into a competition. Geesh! One would think a GT3 on shaved RA1's would be faster than the "Lowly" Carrera S on the Official Most Hated Tire of Rennlist" the R888.....

You got pwned by Depdog! After the "lift", you were soon out of my rear view a couple laps later. I remember last year I was still trying to stay within 2 laps of you. Honestly I would have been thrilled to just keep up with you. Considering the weight differential between me and Mike (aka Lurch), the tires, and then the cars themselves, it's not a fair fight but I'll take the "W" anyway. I'm petty like that
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:18 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Greeks can't drive. It's a fact.

Werd!
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:23 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the video Greek...always a blast hanging with you, Sir Spin, Randy Eddie, Sin, Peter and everyone else. I could do this every weekend...LOL

That video was the last lap at Sebring with the "Lowly" Carrera...The Red Bullet. I ran out of gas and had to pit...dang it. Next time will be in the GTS and I should be even better and properly strapped in...can't wait!
That was big fun! To think I almost blew it off. That was the most entertaining thing I did all weekend. Besides the spinning We should gas up and make it a point to go out 30 minutes into the happy hour together every time. Most people have already come and gone and the track was pretty much ours. Except for the race prepped boxster turning 4 minute lap times. Randy, AKA "The Bully"... You're not invited!
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by deputydog95
You got pwned by Depdog! After the "lift", you were soon out of my rear view a couple laps later. I remember last year I was still trying to stay within 2 laps of you. Honestly I would have been thrilled to just keep up with you. Considering the weight differential between me and Mike (aka Lurch), the tires, and then the cars themselves, it's not a fair fight but I'll take the "W" anyway. I'm petty like that
LOL...if you remember I lifted all the way off and let you and the other car by.....which in turn held me up in T17. I weight about 60lbs more than you and maybe my car is heavier and on a softer suspension plus you are on shaved RA1's and I'm on full tread R888's....yeah there's a difference.

I need to post the video I have of you following me and in my rear view... you got all sideways in T10....funny stuff....the lift and point by is on there too....last time I try to be nice and let you by so I can video you!

Also I'm a little scared to follow to close to you for obvious reasons.....
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

That was big fun! To think I almost blew it off. That was the most entertaining thing I did all weekend. Besides the spinning We should gas up and make it a point to go out 30 minutes into the happy hour together every time. Most people have already come and gone and the track was pretty much ours. Except for the race prepped boxster turning 4 minute lap times. Randy, AKA "The Bully"... You're not invited!
That race preped Boxster is so dang slow. He does autoX too and is way off slow too....I don't get it...put your foot in it or at least point us by and get the hell out of the way.

We do need better planning on when we all go out on the track.
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:37 AM
mdrums
Race Director

That might be a huge disappointment. Chase cam was not functioning properly and turning itself on an off. I have data appearing to show me doing donuts in turn one, but the video cut off after 3 minutes. I do have video of me looping it in turn 3 though
You gotta post the T3 spinner roo.....
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:55 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

LOL...if you remember I lifted all the way off and let you and the other car by.....which in turn held me up in T17. I weight about 60lbs more than you and maybe my car is heavier and on a softer suspension plus you are on shaved RA1's and I'm on full tread R888's....yeah there's a difference.

I need to post the video I have of you following me and in my rear view... you got all sideways in T10....funny stuff....the lift and point by is on there too....last time I try to be nice and let you by so I can video you!

Also I'm a little scared to follow to close to you for obvious reasons.....

Excuses excuses. I never said it was a fair fight. If you're not cheating you're not trying hard enough

I got loose in 10 a couple times. Got it back straight with a couple quick jerks of the wheel. Luckily it's a relatively slow corner. I saw Eddy get sideways past me there too, as well as about 5 other cars. Then again Eddy is sideways everywhere Not sure what the deal was in that spot last weekend. I don't ever remember being that slick. Maybe the heat. All you probably noticed was your PSM light blinking
Old 06-18-2011 | 08:56 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

You gotta post the T3 spinner roo.....
I'm still trying to edit it down. Right now it's the full 20 or so minutes.

Apologize for the 9000 posts in a row. It's been a long week at work with late nights and I've been unplugged from Rennlist.
Old 06-18-2011 | 09:05 AM
mdrums
Race Director

I'm still trying to edit it down. Right now it's the full 20 or so minutes.

Apologize for the 9000 posts in a row. It's been a long week at work with late nights and I've been unplugged from Rennlist.
Yeah right right right...you were lurking and dreaming up your excuses. I wish it wasn't so far away but you just wait till September or October!
Old 06-18-2011 | 11:52 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS... VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...VIDEOS...
Old 06-19-2011 | 09:34 AM
joejoda
Intermediate

Default Sin911

Sin911,
Can you posted one lap from Sunday were you were behind me (white GT3 RS). Can you post here or on youtube a longer time period from that video. I would like to study it more. I have in car video from my system, but it is very useful to see it from your prospective. Thanks
Old 06-20-2011 | 12:49 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

I'll try when I get home. It takes some time to upload to Youtube...
Old 06-20-2011 | 08:26 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

@ Andrew my pleasure and for the record video does not have a statute of limitations, post the thing.
Old 06-21-2011 | 08:40 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Ok, here we go. Some of my "greatest hits" from last weekend. I'm sure I'll regret this but here I go. Bear in mind this camera isn't HD, the lens blows, and everything looks about 50% further away than it really is. For instance, when the Ferrari wiped out, it was close enough where I could see the whole thing clearly unfolding but the video makes it look much further away. I recently went to a tighter lens, but may try something even tighter if they offer it. By the way, youtube sucks now. If merging data with TM and CC wasn't bad enough and time consuming, some of these short videos took over an hour to upload to the youtube site.

Well here we go... I'm donning nomex as we speak

MDrums and I playing around on the first day. Considering he constantly refers to his car as the "Lowly S" model with the "most hated tires on rennlist", he's fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIXxw6aijI

Happy hour session on the last day. The Greek asked me to follow him to get some video evidence that he really knows how to drive. I'm always amazed at how soft the suspension is on those cars yet the right drivers can get some great times regardless. Impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHS0mkLWlpI

First session, first day on my Red checkout ride. Not a great way to start his weekend.... The driver wasn't hurt and the car was driveable, but not trackable. He lost both the front and rear bumpers. He still isn't sure what happened, but asked me to send the video so he could send it to Michelin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXaplEib5k8

M3EVOGTRGSXR1ZX10 aka Eddie showing off. Bad enough he practically drove right over me on his overtake, but he had to show off with a little boost assisted wheel spin on the way by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0aJmz_L9eY

And a drum roll please......

Ok, go ahead and let me have it

I'm still not entirely sure what I did wrong here. I know I was going a little faster than normal going in, mainly because Verbotn had me coming out of Turn 1 faster (Hence his enthusiastic verbal encouragement you hear in the video ). The only thing I can surmise is that I gave it just a little too much "maintenance throttle" when turning in combined with going about 3-4 mph faster than normal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj4kRwbjs1k

Now this is a good one... Let me lay down the scenario. Black GT3 comes up on me through turn 17. I give the point by as we are getting out on the straight. I probably should have lifted more to let him by. Anyway, he's not going to make it by so I brake and lift. He finally makes it by just before the turn in. At the same time there's a small white car tracking in from the pits. Why they let him out on the track when 2 cars are barreling down the front straight into Turn 1 is beyond me...

Now before I saw the video I thought I went wide and couldn't bring it back. However after looking at the video I did get it outside before the corner and made the turn in point appropriate for my speed. I was feathering the throttle a bit to not get any closer to the GT3 through the corner and I did have concerns about tracking out of 1 at speed and having to brake while turning for the slow moving white car that had just tracked in. I'm guessing I lifted just enough to unsettle it. Not really sure... Now the GT3 in front of me put 2 wheels off over the curbing and into the dirt. You can see him going off right before I start to rotate. We both kind of really screwed this one up and we really should have slowed way down for this corner with both of us coming in at the same time and the other car tracking in. Lesson learned and duly noted. You'll notice the cloud of dirt at the end. Him, not me.. I never actually made it off the payment Flame away!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtPNkuAU9Qs

And to end on a more positive note, he's a video of one of my better laps. I probably had four or five 2:29s that weekend and lots of 2:30-31's. Can't seem to break the barrier. Spinning doesn't help the ol' confidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afu3OZdJxEg
Old 06-21-2011 | 08:53 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

get some new tyres!
and an alignment. did you get enough heat into them? how many laps before you spun?

Quick Reply: Sebring videos