Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring videos

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM
jp175
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sin911
Thank you for the advice Mr. Porro I've tried to be a little earlier in T1, the car didn't like it at all! When I enter T1 at 80 mph, the car is very stable and I can almost go flat out at the apex cone to track out.

I normally stay to the inside of T10 like you said, but the instructor was telling me to let the car go and track out to carry more speed. T10 is my weak point, I loose so much speed that I can't pick up my pace after the turn in...

T16 was a little problematic in this heat, the tires were not doing so much what I told them unfortunately. Normally I try to run a little tighter and be on the inside rumble strip early.

I don't know if you watched the longer video, it shows my lines better as I didn't have so much oversteer on 16

Nevertheless!! You are a fine driver and a 2:27 in the heat of the summer is a very good time. Just keeping working on smoothness and consistency. Track-out less in 10. Your entry speed in T1 is fine just get on the throttle earlier and squeeze slowly. Nice video!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Ian do better than a 25 in the heat, in your car Randy
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

Just keeping working on smoothness and consistency

Like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVWfdd4l0qI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUGjvEXdNz8
Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Did Ian do better than a 25 in the heat, in your car Randy
I'll email you the data......sick fast

Peter....that second video......I still have nightmeres
I am leading, then Porro, you, Erik, Eddie all poking their noses out for a point by

Holy crap never noticed Porro at 5:50......sliding
Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

That's what Porro calls
Just keeping working on smoothness and consistency
Old 06-14-2011, 12:29 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

juantime!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know anything about Sebring but your driving looks good and if Trakcar runs 1.24 (based on vid above) your 1.28 is very good. To be 4 seconds off a seasoned fast driver on a 2 minute plus course in 100 degree weather is DAMN good so you do deserve a pat on the back and in a couple of years he'll be watching his mirrors

Regarding the check ride; some instructors want to see the driver hit his marks and use good judgement etc.... and aren't concerned with your lap times or theirs. Possibly you were paired with that type and you may be better off with the driving instructor who's yelling gas GAS GASSS and dig on that brake pedal DIG! If you don't push yourself you will never develop adequate car control and talk about being surprised on a hot day or driving through coolant etc...etc...

I like your seat but don't like to see a straight arm especially one that's crossed up and shoulders off the seat (might want to tighten those belts as well) so consider moving the seat up a little if possible or learning to god forbid shuffle steer/preset which I realize TO SOME is a huge so take that with a grain of salt.

Having someone in the right seat is always great but IMO you'll get faster FASTER by competing (racing or time trials or even autox) which ups your awareness of everything because nobody likes to lose and then when you do have someone in the right seat your ears will be open.

Thanks for the vid good stuff

PS on a final note and these applies to us all: eyes up, relax and breath, grip the wheel low on the g spot not too soft and not too hard (hands like butter not margarine) and shift with a caress not a punch and......... OK enough
Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I don't know anything about Sebring but your driving looks good and if Trakcar runs 1.24 (based on vid above) your 1.28 is very good. To be 4 seconds off a seasoned fast driver on a 2 minute plus course in 100 degree weather is DAMN good so you do deserve a pat on the back
A seasoned fast driver could do 2:20 in our cars in the heat, but probably only 2:22/3 in a regular GT3 like Sin's. So yes he has good speed!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
jp175
Racer

Originally Posted by Izzone
I'll email you the data......sick fast

Peter....that second video......I still have nightmeres
I am leading, then Porro, you, Erik, Eddie all poking their noses out for a point by

Randy, my brakes kept locking-up in that session. I was pumping everywhere so that one time in the hairpin I just trailbraked a bit too much and lock-up It is not easy when you being chased by a couple of RSs with superior grip. Anyways it was really fun and I was catching Teo but that radicall got in my way.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

And Teo is getting very fast too, he was clocking 2:23's as well that day
Old 06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
jp175
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
And Teo is getting very fast too, he was clocking 2:23's as well that day
Teo is doing great!! If pushed, he may have gone to 2:22s
Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Sinan, I meant to tell you as well that your seat is to far back and arms are to straight. Who was the instructor that rode with you? I had Maria ride with me when I was moving up to red. She knew I wasn't going all out, but was more concerned about hitting my marks and my awareness. Also my ability to make a pass and be passed in the corners
Old 06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Guys, thank you all for the comments!

It seems like I need to back up and breathe a little. Just take it down a notch and try to be more consistent.

After watching Peter's video it puts me at ease, our entrance speeds are similar (the exit speeds are different due to better car, better driver and better weather conditions ). No disrespect Peter, we all know and love your driving. If my tires and brakes can take it, I can do consistent 2:29s no problem. Which I was doing most of the day...

I need some coaching for sure Pete! I just need someone to share so it'll be chaper

Mrsideways, amazing driving!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Sinan, I meant to tell you as well that your seat is to far back and arms are to straight. Who was the instructor that rode with you? I had Maria ride with me when I was moving up to red. She knew I wasn't going all out, but was more concerned about hitting my marks and my awareness. Also my ability to make a pass and be passed in the corners
Mike, my instructor was Dave. When I told Mark that I wanted to be moved up to red he asked me how many DE's I've done and I replied between 25-28. They didn't even test me in red group, the instructor rode with me in blue. I think I was destined to fail

Dave asked me to drive exactly the same way I normally do, and I did so... After the drive he made it sound like I was a bad driver and the car was doing the work for me, I was about to say "F you!" but held myself back...
Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
A seasoned fast driver could do 2:20 in our cars in the heat, but probably only 2:22/3 in a regular GT3 like Sin's. So yes he has good speed!
Cool, thanks for the info

Sebring looks fun but bumpy and that FAT fast corner with all the track out must be a blast.

I still say congrats to Sin because those are good laps for someone with limited seat time

Quick Reply: Sebring videos