Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS 4.0 1st Drive by InsideLine

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 09:34 AM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Looks better with the silver wheels.
Adam, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post the pictures. Thanks! I also agree with the silver wheels - would you still order the white ones?

Originally Posted by Nizer
+1,000 Epic fail.
Agree. Don't forget we also miss out on the perspex windows, roll bar, and cool 4.0 stitching in those Carrera GT seats.

Originally Posted by GrantG
That is standard - black interior is a free option.
Grant, I thought the whorehouse red alcantara head liner is standard and non-changeable? When I build the car on Porsche's microsite I don't see an option where I can specify black.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Thanks for the article.
You're welcome!

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Decal delete
Black interior
Problem solved
This is a bad *****
PJ, I agree but I don't seen an option for decal delete. You know me, I like the cars white and plain. Just like yours!

Originally Posted by DRPM
+1

I'm not fond of white and can't support the maintenance of black....really too bad there is no PTS.
Rumors still persist of PTS for >September builds. Anyway, I like White as it mimics the awesome Cup Cars.

BerryS
Old 06-07-2011 | 02:39 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
one could park this outside their favourite bordello, and hold their head up high.
haha!
Old 06-07-2011 | 02:51 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
haha!
^ Is that the smilie for "seething indignation"?
Old 06-07-2011 | 02:56 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BerryS
Adam, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post the pictures. Thanks! I also agree with the silver wheels - would you still order the white ones?

Grant, I thought the whorehouse red alcantara head liner is standard and non-changeable? When I build the car on Porsche's microsite I don't see an option where I can specify black.

PJ, I agree but I don't seen an option for decal delete. You know me, I like the cars white and plain. Just like yours!

Rumors still persist of PTS for >September builds. Anyway, I like White as it mimics the awesome Cup Cars.

BerryS
I don't think there's any decal delete on the site, but it's in the options, only it's not clear if one can separately delete the "PORSCHE" on the wing.

Choosing black for paint or the wheels is on the first page of the "build" site.

I think I'd go with white and keep the white wheels because that's the design of the car and silver wheels are easily acquired after-market.

The red cabin can be switched to black, but I'm not sure aware of an option to delete just the red headliner. They do show an option for a mirror on the ceiling and heart-shaped cushions.

PTS was a bit delayed on the 2RS, so anything can happen.
Old 06-07-2011 | 03:52 PM
savyboy
Drifting

^ Is that the smilie for "seething indignation"?
No way! Me and Jimmie are on the same humor continuum I loves me a good whorehouse interior.

The red cabin can be switched to black, but I'm not sure aware of an option to delete just the red headliner. They do show an option for a mirror on the ceiling and heart-shaped cushions.
Dang! Missed that. Gotta call the dealer before the allocation locks. What are the codes?
Old 06-07-2011 | 09:40 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

haha and now we don't have to park far away and walk. we can floss it out front.
Old 06-07-2011 | 09:44 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

The decklid and wing are the same as the 3.8. I wonder if they replaced the (absurdly heavy) end plates with this oh-so-light painted CF they tout as being a great weight saver.
Not according to the article. Wing is unique and at a steeper angle.
Old 06-07-2011 | 09:45 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

the u.s. version without cage can opt for shower head in rear cabin.
Old 06-07-2011 | 09:51 PM
silverboy
Burning Brakes

TFS.

I thought the way the 3.6 or 3.8l revved wasn't such a bad thing...
Old 06-07-2011 | 11:59 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Damn it! I hate reading these articles because I keep wanting one knowing I can't afford...

My future plan is a 3.8 RS (2-3 years down the line, maybe even longer), I'd be more than happy with a light weight 3.6 RS as well

If only my car was about 200 lbs lighter and had stiffer suspension

Quick Reply: RS 4.0 1st Drive by InsideLine