Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Torque Solution GT1 Engine Coolant Pipe Fix..

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Solution GT1 Engine Coolant Pipe Fix..

Torque Solution has brought to you an 8pc Coolant Pipe Repair Kit for all Porsche Gt1 Engines with Press fit and Glued coolant pipes.. These will fix the issue that plagues the Gt1 engine of water pipe failures resulting in coolant dumping all over the engine bay and possibly on to the rear tires causing you to lose control of the car. This issue can ruin a good track day weekend or even worse cause you to have an accident on the street or on the track.. If you have your engine out of the car for any reason thats the best time to do the repair.. This will require the engine to be removed and the fittings welded in place.. Giving you peace of mind knowing its done right with the weld on fittings..

195.00 Shipped

Old 06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

There's been a similar product on the market for some time now. Is this company a new entry?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by deputydog95
There's been a similar product on the market for some time now. Is this company a new entry?
Torque Solution has recently done these.. Not sure of which company was making them before but i have seen them on ebay as well..

Mike
Old 06-04-2011, 07:30 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

That's where I saw them first. Doing some homework after one of mine let go at Sebring...
Old 06-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by deputydog95
That's where I saw them first. Doing some homework after one of mine let go at Sebring...
Yeah thats the worst place for them to go too considering the speeds your traveling and the cars possibly behind you as well on slicks and such..
Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

I have seen shop that just weld on the stock fitting. Any particular reasons to use these instead? Thanks for the info!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cfjan
I have seen shop that just weld on the stock fitting. Any particular reasons to use these instead? Thanks for the info!
These give you a better surface to weld to and less chance of leaks.. The thicker mating surface makes the weld more secure not to mention a lot less prep work cleaning off the stock fittings glue and dirt.. Below is a quote from a member on another forum..

"I opted the tig weld all those glue joints. What a pain in the *** getting all the glue off so you can weld with out getting porosity."

Last edited by Mike@AWDMotorsports; 06-04-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@AWDMotorsports
Torque Solution has brought to you an 8pc Coolant Pipe Repair Kit for all Porsche Gt1 Engines with Press fit and Glued coolant pipes.. These will fix the issue that plagues the Gt1 engine of water pipe failures resulting in coolant dumping all over the engine bay and possibly on to the rear tires causing you to lose control of the car. This issue can ruin a good track day weekend or even worse cause you to have an accident on the street or on the track.. If you have your engine out of the car for any reason thats the best time to do the repair.. This will require the engine to be removed and the fittings welded in place.. Giving you peace of mind knowing its done right with the weld on fittings..

195.00 Shipped

What's the fabrication of these fittings -- are they billets machined to the application?

What's the alloy -- is it the same as the factory?

Is the wall thickness the same as the factory?

I assume it's the skirt that's got more meat for the weld. Do they require the weld to seal or just for mechanical strength? The welding job is very tight, so if it could be done with just stitches, it might be less error prone (less likely to damage one of the factory castings.)
Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
What's the fabrication of these fittings -- are they billets machined to the application?

What's the alloy -- is it the same as the factory?

Is the wall thickness the same as the factory?

I assume it's the skirt that's got more meat for the weld. Do they require the weld to seal or just for mechanical strength? The welding job is very tight, so if it could be done with just stitches, it might be less error prone (less likely to damage one of the factory castings.)
They are machined to fit the gt1 specifically..I dont know what the factory alloy is but these are 6061 Billet.. These have a thicker wall thickness.. they MUST be welded to seal they cannot just be pinned.. Hope that helps answer some of your questions..

Mike
Old 06-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@AWDMotorsports
They are machined to fit the gt1 specifically..I dont know what the factory alloy is but these are 6061 Billet.. These have a thicker wall thickness.. they MUST be welded to seal they cannot just be pinned.. Hope that helps answer some of your questions..

Mike
I was thinking of a different sealant, not a pin. I think three stitches and an appropriate work/temperature sealant is one solution. For my own needs, I've been working with a local shop on a mechanical solution (instead of a pin or a sealant alone) but not everyone will have access to the tools necessary.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Will these work in my car even though it's RWD not AWD?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I was thinking of a different sealant, not a pin. I think three stitches and an appropriate work/temperature sealant is one solution. For my own needs, I've been working with a local shop on a mechanical solution (instead of a pin or a sealant alone) but not everyone will have access to the tools necessary.
Im not familiar with a sealant that can take the heat cycles 100% although it may be possible but the design on these was to be welded..
Old 06-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nugget
Will these work in my car even though it's RWD not AWD?
Sure they will.. even if you have the uber rare FWD they will do the job..
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for another source.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FFaust
Thanks for another source.
No problem..

Quick Reply: Torque Solution GT1 Engine Coolant Pipe Fix..