Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Got a letter from Porsche today

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:11 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OG, I am really, really sorry to tell you this...

But I think your letter got posted as an ad in a local paper here. "Unprecedented Exceptional". Red Carrera?

We are all VIPs in Porsche's eyes... they truly, madly, deeply, value our loyalty and patronage.

Why, how else could you explain that at a recent family event what was CLEARLY a Porsche corporate car (it was a Cayenne!) drove by and SLOWED DOWN... just to make sure we were OK. Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Thats why they play these fun family games with the warranty and leaking seals and rubbish LSDs. Cause relationships take work I tell you! Its a compromise. I mean here anyway there is no direct-to-address mailing other than FedEx so they couldn't have sent us a letter even if they wanted to. A PO Box just isn't as intimate as a direct-marketing packet, or a print ad...

:-D
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Polarcharger
I'm thinking Savy got the special alcantara "Black Edition" mousepad with his letter.
Savy should be defined under UNPRECEDENTED and EXCEPTIONAL in Wikipedia. Even his dealer can't figure out how was allocated a 4.0 RS by PCNA. Seriously!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 AM
quickxotica
Burning Brakes

Received 189 Likes on 85 Posts

I got one too. Nice mousepad with a pic of a blue 997.2 with paint-to-match XRR wheels.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
PM me just to humor me as to how to fake my data so I get on the VIP list.
LOL, unfortunately, your best bet would be to buy a new 911. They typically target owners whose car is about 3 years old. If you have a history of buying cars every 3 years from the same dealer, then that'll increase your chances for getting on the "list" as well.

I'd be very surprised if this "promo" was coming from PCNA and not from a dealer or an automotive group.

EDIT: in case you guys don't believe me, here's the product/service: http://www.eleadcrm.com/fresh/elead_...olddigger.html :-)

Michael.

Quick Reply: Got a letter from Porsche today