Old 05-29-2011, 12:13 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nizer
Here Cuppie, Cuppie, Cuppie....
Warren...You bastard

Originally Posted by Z356
Re: Looks like the worlds most awesome Boxster Spyder is going to come for sale.

Savyboy: That white/red Spyder of yours with all your mods will be a great buy for someone!. Good luck with that sale. z356 (Trying to beat jet-lag in London. Up early tomorrow to attend famous Prescott Hillclimb. Now to bed)
You know Eduardo, I think that is a fair description of the car. If a person likes the Spyder to begin with they would be giddy to see and drive this one Not sure though if I can bring myself to part with it

And wishing you the best on the incredible journey you are currently embarked on with friends. We all want a write-up and lots of pictures please when you feel like it
Old 05-29-2011, 01:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Here Cuppie, Cuppie, Cuppie....
i am pretty serious.
someone should talk to pmna. we can get a group buy on these cup cars.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Maybe they'll throw in the tractor trailer, tent, mechanics and some spareparts packages voor good measure.

With no more then 2-3 employee's you guys should be all set!

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 05-30-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Don't forget to ask for 20 sets is michelins as well.....
Old 05-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Get a good discount on NOS 2010 or 2011 cars and I'll take one.

This reminds me of the recurring topic of putting a street engine in a Cup to make it cheap to operate as a club racer or DE weekender. This idea of a Cup car on offer to amateur drivers is a compelling solution for the "the RS is a street-oriented car, I want a pure track car, without building it myself" buyer. These buyers would be much more likely to buy a Cup car if they didn't have to figure out how to do it themself -- get into a second hand car, having to find a good one, find someone to maintain it, deal with new operations, logistics, etc. Too many barriers, but if they could go direct to the dealer to order a Cup car with a 4.0 RS street engine, it becomes a much more accessible proposition.

I'm thinking of a Cup with a 4.0 RS engine. Sequential shifter optional. RSR body and suspension optional, but same 4.0 RS engine. This car would carry all the same warranty coverage (and exclusions) as the 4.0 RS. If you track the car (what else?) then of course you have the same waivers as the 4.0 RS. But then again, if you drive it well and look after it and have a legit factory problem with the construction or even the engine in many cases (not pertaining to over-revs, etc.) then you bring it to the dealer according to its own service structure, then trailer it away to the track and so on. And a win for service to get the revenue for the factory prescribed maintenance on a relatively expensive car to maintain. Ship it as a package (slicks, wets, spares, tools, track tool kart, etc.) Just buy a trailer for yourself, get the dealer to load it up. (get the race suit taken out at the seams because you're probably a fat-bellied businessman ... : ) Bingo! 997 Cup straight out of the factory like any other, fuel-cell, dash, electric steering and a/c, etc., but a "bulletproof" four liter, five hundred horse donk. No warranty, no legal liabilities (it's a race car sold just like any Cup and it's not subject to DOT or even a sanctioning body ... but you'd probably want PCA, POC, PRC, SCCA, NASA, etc. all involved so the thing would have opportunities for the weekend warrior to get into some W2W shenanigans.)

It occurs me (and surely this is not a new idea) that Porsche is about to be in a situation of having something like the 2011 Cup or even the 2011 RSR surplus to requirements and demand. No doubt they build on order and there's all the usual business precautions but they have the whole infrastructure of production, distribution and support (from transport containers to spare parts, training and tools, you name it.) This could appeal to VW as a way to "leverage" (read "milk") the assets of Porsche while bringing a product to market with already defined demand. Surely if the tiny sample population of Rennlist includes a handful of serious customers, then their world population of customers running around in various club racing scenes must constitute far more buyers than the mere 100 or 200 units they'll build for a "limited" series like a 4.0 RS or 2RS.

Last edited by Carrera GT; 05-29-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

They should just offer a special edition Cayenne + trailer + tools + car package.
We've pretty much all invested in that already.

Maybe 2 levels, the base car with street 6 speed and the Platinum class RSR version.
Seal engine, transmission and some major suspension components forcing dealer maint.
No options.

Start a "showroom stock" class to participate in, or just DE it.

Quick Reply: RS 4.0 ORDER GUIDE