Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Bman
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
OUTSTANDING job in the Cayman

Ryan is a piece of work.
Thanks!

Ummm....that's a nice way of putting it!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,590 Likes on 737 Posts

Great time on the RA1s. I think it will be tuff to chisel it down further w/o running better tires.

At the zone 2 event which was much better weather rmag had a 2.04 and I ran a 2.05. I think he's pushing a bit harder into 3 and up the esses and through 17 now so if the weather is good he could see a 2.03 or even lower later this year
I ran a 2:08 first session out. Corded rears the first session, went to unshaved and times dropped to 2:12, after 650! track miles I finally got the times down to 2:08 again and finally broke 2:08, mostly because the tires finally wore down to give some grip, but I drove much better then first session!

I've been watching your video's. you guys are FAST
2:03/4/5 wow.. I think I might be able to do 2:05 on Hoosier, if the it's cold and the stars allign just right, but I don't know where I'd find another 2 seconds..
Old 05-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I ran a 2:08 first session out. Corded rears the first session, went to unshaved and times dropped to 2:12, after 650! track miles I finally got the times down to 2:08 again and finally broke 2:08, mostly because the tires finally wore down to give some grip, but I drove much better then first session!

2:03/4/5 wow.. I think I might be able to do 2:05 on Hoosier, if the it's cold and the stars allign just right, but I don't know where I'd find another 2 seconds..
just like all tracks

you dont find time on the straights.....just in the dangerous corners
Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Do wither of you guys have video with data overlay.....brake and gas

I went to a track talk form David Murray and he pointe dout stuff at VIR I would never think of, but I want to see if you do it
Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Ryan, nice driving, very cool.

I think I ape your line pretty good, but I have nothing for you in 3 and 4.
I am very spars with my steering inputs, you... let's say not so much LOL!! Awesome.

The last turn, before the front straight you have an ability there to carry speed but make the track shorter Too bad no data and sound.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:20 PM
RWK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANK YOU!!!

Ryan / Fritz

Thank you so much for an absolutely awesome weekend. The tips were invaluable!!!!!!!!!!! The light came on in the last few sessions!!

We got consistent 2:09's with a few drops into the 2:08's, runnning together, but only because of the assistance from you 2 gentlemen. A little better on Sat.

You are welcome at my home any time that you decide to do a trip up north.

Just dropped the cars off at the builder to get the vibration out, then off to Canada.
Best
Bob
Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Brent Dalton
4th Gear

Really nice video as always! Sorry to hold you up Fritz, I should of given you the point and let you pass in south bend. I enjoyed watching you and Ryan push each other all weekend. Looking forward to you getting that passenger seat in for next time

Nice meeting some new people and seeing some familiar faces as well. I was the guy with the yellow RX-7. I'm sad to say all my video from this weekend was out of focus. I'm guessing I had something on my lexan window on my bulkhead separating the driver's compartment from the hatch.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RWK
If I make it up North you've got to take me for a ride in that beast. Wish I had a chance to take you up on your offer to drive it at VIR, just to busy with student and taking people out for ride alongs (enjoyed ours...to bad it was so slick when I took Russ out, not as much fun)

Originally Posted by Brent Dalton
Nice meeting some new people and seeing some familiar faces as well.
Nice meeting you...see ya at the next one
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 432 Posts

Love it! Great driving Fritz! Really slick, fast hands.

Man I wonder when I'll become like that
Old 05-24-2011, 01:38 AM
karmx7
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Fritz,

I've been wondering what you've been up to. Great video and you seem to have become quite comfortable in the RS!

Keith
Old 05-24-2011, 09:17 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

nice driving!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Awesome time doing lead follow Fritz! Thanks for the tip in the esses! Weekend was great, but too hot. Got up to 92, so track was real slippery. best I could muster was a 2:05.
Here's a vid of fritz and his *** hanging out everywhere. Was last session on sat, so super slick. Lots of hand work just to keep the car on track as 4 wheel drifting in most corners. Fritz finally found a way to hold me back... (see 3o second mark). He starts to lose it going into the snake, makes me go straight and brake, so if he didnt save it, i could have just driven off and missed him.

http://www.vimeo.com/24137708

Also met Bob (RWK), and his '07RS build is a friggin' beast. 2850lb wet, carbon this/that, 405hp at the wheel, full suspension, race motons, blah, blah, blah. Oh and his 996 RSR build wasn't to shabby either.

Helps keep you back. Hell, I had to stick a screwdriver in BMANs radiator just to keep him from passing us this weekend
AGAIN, really fun driving w/ you on track and talking BS when our feet hit land

He suspected you right away

Guess you weren't driving hard enough
No doubt unlike some people I do have my limits BTW love your braking into one, I need to grow a pair but that damn ICE MODE has me sweating bullets lol.

The .2 has a 2.02 in it with safe driving so you'll easily hit the 2.03 mark you just need seat time at VIR. I have some data if I can figure out how to upload it. The places to get time are between 2 and 3, up the esses, into oak tree and into/through/out of 16/17. I think Ryan is into 3 at 97 and I'm over 100 (possibly 107) but my data man had 3 four locos on top of a few beers to wash down the BQ to that night when he was talking about my #s LOL. Those are the few places at VIR that most of us track junkies are not FLAT OUT hehe.

Originally Posted by Izzone
Do wither of you guys have video with data overlay.....brake and gas

I went to a track talk form David Murray and he pointe dout stuff at VIR I would never think of, but I want to see if you do it
As mentioned above I may have some data if I can figure out WTF I'm doing, I wasn't an A student to say the least I'm a spatial learner or is it special learner lol.

Originally Posted by RWK
Ryan / Fritz

Thank you so much for an absolutely awesome weekend. The tips were invaluable!!!!!!!!!!! The light came on in the last few sessions!!

We got consistent 2:09's with a few drops into the 2:08's, runnning together, but only because of the assistance from you 2 gentlemen. A little better on Sat.

Just dropped the cars off at the builder to get the vibration out, then off to Canada.
Best
Bob
BOB,
You're enthusiasm and LIGHT are just way too cool. I wish we could of hung out some more and like Ryan said I also wish I would of taken you up on the drive offer. Both of those cars are dream track weapons. Have fun in Canada and keep on rocking

Originally Posted by Brent Dalton
Really nice video as always! Sorry to hold you up Fritz, I should of given you the point and let you pass in south bend. I enjoyed watching you and Ryan push each other all weekend. Looking forward to you getting that passenger seat in for next time

Nice meeting some new people and seeing some familiar faces as well. I was the guy with the yellow RX-7. I'm sad to say all my video from this weekend was out of focus. I'm guessing I had something on my lexan window on my bulkhead separating the driver's compartment from the hatch.
No worries Bro I had fun staring at your sexy *** for just that much longer. Seriously dude the car is looking AWESOME. See you in July

Originally Posted by sin911
Love it! Great driving Fritz! Really slick, fast hands.

Man I wonder when I'll become like that
Thanks for the great compliment, CHEST POUND!

Originally Posted by karmx7
Hey Fritz,

I've been wondering what you've been up to. Great video and you seem to have become quite comfortable in the RS!

Keith
Driving on the hot track with good tires let me shake it out pretty good and I'm really close to FD comfortable but not quite yet. Probably need another 6 months behind the wheel but like the FD these cars are SUPER FUN to drive so I'm having a ball.

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
nice driving!
THANKS!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Rceron
Racer

Nice video. Definitely needs the data to appreciate the speeds. Curious, why do you have so much understeer dialed in? Turn in for turn 4 and Oak tree don't look right. I'm assuming the RS' have adju sway bars, right?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:14 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

The .2 has a 2.02 in it with safe driving so you'll easily hit the 2.03 mark you just need seat time at VIR. I have some data if I can figure out how to upload it. The places to get time are between 2 and 3, up the esses, into oak tree and into/through/out of 16/17. I think Ryan is into 3 at 97 and I'm over 100 (possibly 107) but my data man had 3 four locos on top of a few beers to wash down the BQ to that night when he was talking about my #s LOL. Those are the few places at VIR that most of us track junkies are not FLAT OUT hehe.
2.02!!?? Not with RA1's and not with me driving LOL.
I miss VIR already, my favorite track!

Please critique before and after:
My best lap: 2.063 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goB2-lpQ88g
This was with too much LSD last year, nice and cool and good grip.

This year, warmer, less grip, did not have the rear tires, but I improved my driving; Kept it much tighter in T1, lap 2 above is horrible!
T3 faster, I hit 96, but I do go over slow here! Just such a wishy washy corner, can't rotate car too much with braking, cant plant the car properly on throttle.
Oaktree now in 3rd, but slower through ss-es:
More then a second slower, but I think better driving?! or not?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqQ2K0pTwo4

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 05-24-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

2.02!!?? Not with RA1's and not with me driving LOL.
My best lap: 2.063 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goB2-lpQ88g
This was with too much LSD last year
I improved my driving; Kept it much tighter in T1
T3 faster, I hit 96, but I do go over slow here!
Oaktree now in 3rd.
But slower through ss-es
I agree not on RA1s but absolutely on Hoosiers here's some food for thought.

Keeping it tight into 1 is a good move but if the car is pushing you're screwed there. This time out I had on 3 day old hoos front and new hoos rear so I was working hard to get it turned and consequently was usually out wide having to drive back across the track to set up for 3 which of course isn't ideal.

You can go into t3 at 105 or higher

You should be at 130 (cool day) top of esses w/o even tracking too far left

A buddy of mine (paddy) on the forum is entering oak tree at 87 Ryan was using 3rd gear but I think he's now decided 2nd is slower mid corner but gives him more exit speed overall. In the .1 I'm absolutely in 2nd ( my speeds don't drop below 50 but I'm entering too slow ). There are 2 approaches; out wide off the apex which results in less speed entering but more speed exiting and in tight literally hopping the curb with a very straight line approach (Paddy's approach) but it calls for a big slide approx 45% angle and dropping down to 42 to 47 mph and is much more dangerous and harder to nail consistently so you gain a ton of time or lose a ton.

I haven't checked any data going into t16/t17 but I suspect I'm going in faster and exiting faster than Ryan w/ less power and tire so AGAIN the .2 has some time there for sure. I also get completely crushed out of oak tree, out of one, out of the little esses and down the straights. With that said I think my car is down on power. It has that revo tuning thing set for 91 w/ some timing pulled out so if anyone has some info about switching it back to 93 and moving the timing up some I'd appreciate it. I need all the help I can get

Last edited by Fritz Flynn; 05-24-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: FSR VIR 5/2011 Video "playing tag w/ rmag"