Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track feedback

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

I don't know what it may be... Seems like you have tried pretty much all suspension combos.

The only thing that comes to mind is you may be applying the throttle a little too early. Please don't get this the wrong way, I'm not trying to criticize, just help. Considering how jumpy mkI GT3's are you may need to be easy on the throttle. Trust me I feel like a sissy driving on the track, but if I'm not careful with the throttle the rear end looses it instantly. It's not like my old C2S at all...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do appreciate the help, but there are two areas then that don't make sense: why don't I push on turn in, and why did my coach say what he said considering he's driven dozens of these cars and races the Cups...

Maybe its the tires? What do you think?

Am thinking maybe the balance of the car is off so will check corner weights and go from there.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

It may be the tires as you said. They are street tires in the end. I thought you were running on MPSC for a second until I re-read it again.

Make sure they check both the alignment and corner balance.

How hot was the track? The surface heat may affect the grip as well, but should be reflected on the tire pressure...

Quick Reply: Track feedback