Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PBOC Sebring this Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is cheating and there is compensating. i.e.:

Cheating: Selling your perfectly good 3.6, purchasing 3.8 with short R&P, Compensating: Install 4.0 R&P
Cheating: different suspension pickup points in 3.8 to fix inferior geometry of 3.6, Compensating: KW's
Cheating: GT2 sway bar from factory, Compensating: Installing same bar on 3.6
Cheating: Engine mounts that stiffen and loosen depending on if you take left or right corners, or go straight. Compensating: Wevo's
Cheating: Full track exhaust, Compensating: Sharky
Cheating: Gurney lip, Compensating: adjust wing
Cheating always: Boost !!! (just for Eddie)

I could go on for hours.....
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Had a blast this weekend, other than the first day of raining....

Wanted to say thanks Randy for the tips on my lines, and also the ride along. That car is an absolute beast. Next time, Burke and his big bird mobile will go down. Its science....

Nick
Old 05-17-2011, 04:11 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Ok I lied

I have a TCD tow hood

Don't forget the Cup lip! Rad says it makes a huge difference, which I'm sure makes some difference but nothing so substantial.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911

Don't forget the Cup lip! Rad says it makes a huge difference, which I'm sure makes some difference but nothing so substantial.
OK cup lip too, but I secure it with duct tape, I bottom out in 17 and knock it half off every session.....so I consider it making me slower
Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

What does Rad know....LOL

His entire car is cheater....doors, floor, set-up corvette sized tires, large horsepower engine
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Peter, where did you go ?

I finished my session earlier thanks to a bad MAF sensor, and you were gone !
For future reference, I always have a MAF with me for a turbo...
Old 05-17-2011, 06:23 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Live and learn, and also looks like I have a boost leak somewhere between throttle body and heads. I'll know for sure tomorrow.

BTW I met you at the Chateau's bar on Saturday afternoon.

Eddie.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Greek

Wanted to say thanks Randy for the tips on my lines, and also the ride along. That car is an absolute beast. Next time, Burke and his big bird mobile will go down. Its science....

Nick
Holy **** dude! I remember this avatar, didn't know it was you We can tease Drew much more next time...

Does anyone have a video of Juan's driving? That guy really is fast I think I need him as an instructor. I'll call him Yoda
Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Holy **** dude! I remember this avatar, didn't know it was you We can tease Drew much more next time...

Does anyone have a video of Juan's driving? That guy really is fast I think I need him as an instructor. I'll call him Yoda
He is not really a yoda

More like Hans solo in millennium falcon

His car wrote the book on cheater
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Yes Eddie I remember meeting you. I have generally 1-2 turbo MAFs with me. Have them as spares for Tom Kerr. But just converted his car to a MAP setup with intakes off the turbos. So will still have them at the track, and doubt they will get much use...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

OK Peter.... Like I said I will be driving Tom's car at the Chin event (saturday). I am thinking maybe 14s or less... We'll see. So get your sticky tires ready.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting ... About the speed density conversion, did you kept the stock ecu, or went stand alone ?

I thought about something better for my car in the near future, but I'm only raising power when I break the 2:18's at Sebring, maybe next winter. As I also haven't seen any perfect stock ecu tune so far, I'll be probably be moving to standalone so I can work with it myself.

I heard about his car, but I don't know about the set up. Do you mind share about it ?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek

Nick
Good luck with that. I'm always one step ahead of you my young friend. Turns out my display unit had the data on it after all. So weird that nothing shows up when you scroll through the display unit, but you can download it all into the software. Anyways... I was banging out some 2:29's with a TBL of 2:28. Best ever for me. Nothing spectacular relative to this crowd, but I'm pleased with my improvement. I think last year I was doing 2:44's in my 996. Randy suggested I email the laps to Reter to see if he can help identify where I'm pussing out....

I'm gunning for Randy next since he's the slowest gazelle (relatively speaking) is the FL Rennlist Super Solo herd. Now I just need to figure out how to take four more seconds off
Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
He is not really a yoda

More like Hans solo in millennium falcon

His car wrote the book on cheater
LOL!

I thought you told me he did a 2:21 on PS2? Or was it someone else? Maybe just an urban legend...
Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I heard about his car, but I don't know about the set up. Do you mind share about it ?
Have to weigh it as soon as I get transmission back from Brian Copans (7 weeks now and counting, all re-geared, and of course 2wd). Should come in about 2700 lbs, maybe a tick less. X51 motor with K24s made into hybrids. External wastegates and straight pipes off turbos. Motor has the 997GT2RS intercoolers with intake straight into turbos. Custom y-pipe, 78mm throttle body and intake, and a special sauce mod to give car lots of extra RPM and top end HP and torque. Suspension is all monoball/adjustable arms with solid bushings on rear suspension cage. There is a lot more, but you get the idea....

Quick Reply: PBOC Sebring this Weekend