Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

430 Scud pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

The biggest issue with me owning a Scuderia is the personal property tax in my state on cars. Aside from the trade up costs, there is roughly a $6K yearly tax increase on the Scuderia over my RS. That is a hard pill to swallow.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
- Scuderia is the cheapest maintenance car I have owned
- Ferrari parts are affordable and most of the time cheaper than Porsche parts if you know who to buy from
- my car with alignment, springs, sway bars blows away most cars at a racetrack. Only full blown race cars give me trouble. Even the mighty Viper ACR and highly modified 650+ Hp Z06 struggle with the pace of a well setup Scuderia
- No need for replacing suspension parts, everything bolts with monoballs straight to the chassis, no subframe here, double a-arms at all corners, the only better suspensions are in the Carrera GT, Aventador and Enzo.
- For $400k or less the Scuderia is the car. Beyond that it's Carrera GT or F40
- more than 2 years, 10,000 miles, multiple track days, multiple autocrosses, multiple drag races, canyon driving, Mexico roads, trailered for over 20,000 miles. The car is solid.
- Less weight, more power, better transmission, better brakes than a 4.0 RS, and it looks a lot better too.
- The e-diff is a trick, and it lasts. The new F458 Challenge now uses e-diff, what a confidence inspiring and predictable at the limits car it is with this diff.
- All nannies off make it so much fun.
- It can fit a 315 front tire and a 345 or bigger rear tire if you want without rubbing anywhere.
- I didn't like the sound of the V8 from day 1, it sounds great above 5,000 rpm, but uninspiring below that. I fixed it with new headers and new muffler a few days ago, less weight , more power, and the high pitch sound I was looking for. I always liked this car, now I like it more.
- Shifting lights on the steering wheel are fun
- 8,500 rpm (revs to 8,600 rpm sometimes) is fun
- No ice mode. My only brake failure was at Sebring back in January due to running the stock pads (Avoid them at the track) and they overheated beyond their range. I ran this past weekend on my track pads, lovely.
- Quickly using the paddle shifter skips gears on upshift/downshift, nice for emergency braking or required sudden acceleration
- It blows blue flames on the exhaust pipes bone stock. Fun
- So much storage space inside, it is a big car inside, gigantic trunk
- Comes with bluetooth, navigation, radio, cd player, ipod link at just 2.5 lbs
- The stripes are painted, not the vinyl some manufacturers do on their cars
- There is so much Carbon Fiber, Aluminum and Alcantara everywhere
- Best Ferrari value ever, reliable, pretty and decently fast, the only affordable Ferrari that can put the GT3 and GT3 RS to sleep.
After that Post and other's I've read about this car.. and "IF" I had the $$ (If is a big word: "If my Aunt had *****, she'd be my Uncle") I'd have one of these.. Probably the only car I'd seriously consider in Red.. Although again If I had the money to plop down I'd find a Silver or Black..

They are bad ***..

Last edited by 007DT; 05-20-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: .
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

always have wanted one...but still think that with my limited garage space I'd still choose to drive my CGT when weather warrants. maybe I need a second house, then I'd have somewhere to put a scud!
Old 05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
After that Post and other's I've read about this car.. and "IF" I had the $$ (If is a big word: "If my Aunt had *****, she'd be my Uncle") I'd have one of these.. Probably the only car I'd seriously consider in Red.. Although again If I had the money to plop down I'd find a Silver or Black..

They are bad ***..
+1
Old 05-21-2011, 12:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,667 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
The biggest issue with me owning a Scuderia is the personal property tax in my state on cars. Aside from the trade up costs, there is roughly a $6K yearly tax increase on the Scuderia over my RS. That is a hard pill to swallow.
you pay tax on cars EVERY year?
what state are you in. i make sure i dont retire there
Old 05-21-2011, 12:55 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Virginia?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:40 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

yeah seriously F that.

registration on my CGT in texas is 58 bucks! haha. sorry californians...
Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

mklaskin guessed right. It is Virginia. The property taxes on homes is relatively inexpensive, but they make it up on cars. I can't recall exactly, but the first $20K is discounted and anything over that is taxed at about 4.5% EVERY YEAR. So, the tax drops a bit from depreciation, but it still adds up fast. For a $190K Scuderia you would pay 4.5% x $170K = $7650 + the discounted amount on the first $20K which I think is about $200 or so. This applies every year. It is a real hinderance for me purchasing anything more expensive than my RS. I'd gladly take a 10% sales tax in exhange for the yearly car tax. At least you only pay that tax only once. If you own a very expensive car in Virginia, it is conceivable that you will pay more in tax over time than the car is worth at trade in if you hold it long enough.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:54 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
yeah seriously F that.

registration on my CGT in texas is 58 bucks! haha. sorry californians...
can i rent 1 sf of space in your garage so i can reg my car in TX.
my RS was like $1500 a year.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

mklaskin guessed right. It is Virginia. The property taxes on homes is relatively inexpensive, but they make it up on cars. I can't recall exactly, but the first $20K is discounted and anything over that is taxed at about 4.5% EVERY YEAR. So, the tax drops a bit from depreciation, but it still adds up fast. For a $190K Scuderia you would pay 4.5% x $170K = $7650 + the discounted amount on the first $20K which I think is about $200 or so. This applies every year. It is a real hinderance for me purchasing anything more expensive than my RS. I'd gladly take a 10% sales tax in exhange for the yearly car tax. At least you only pay that tax only once. If you own a very expensive car in Virginia, it is conceivable that you will pay more in tax over time than the car is worth at trade in if you hold it long enough.
WOW, i thought kalifornia was f'd up. you are really messed up out there.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

And you guys think Canada is tax heavy.

$72 a year no matter the car.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

can i rent 1 sf of space in your garage so i can reg my car in TX.
my RS was like $1500 a year.
Therefore ... I'm surprised you didn't go on to say ... "registration" is really a property tax in California. When I moved here and bought my first car (an '94 RS America, I'm proud to say!) I was astonished to see that they had their own idea of its value (which should be irrelevant since all I should need to pay for is usage: a license to operate and a usage fee for roads.)
Old 05-23-2011, 02:17 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

mooty- sure man. my current garage only has the cgt, 550 spyder, my simulator and some motorcycles. we can squeeze in your license plate.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
mooty- sure man. my current garage only has the cgt, 550 spyder, my simulator and some motorcycles. we can squeeze in your license plate.
Decided on the 550 huh? Bueno!

Who's motorcycles?
Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

that is horrible!

the scud on the other hand is one of the best cars made, my favorite part is it makes a great DD.. perfect trans, amazing storage space in trunk, and tons of comfort inside.. and all that carbon..

my fav part of the car is the doors, all that carbon.. and the perfect door handle..

Quick Reply: 430 Scud pricing?