Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Selling Panerai to Fund Seats Harness Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
race what you got, mike. and enjoy. don't get caught up in the reter/orange mist/izzy space race. enjoy the car as it is, and wait for the 991, market forces suggest a pdk - anchored gt car will be released sooner, rather than later.
Absolutely!

Also Mike, is it an option to leave the prosthesis in the paddock? Of course, you would have it on for driving to-and-fro, but then there are nowhere near the G forces on the street. Just a thought.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:21 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by adfsouth
Yeah, I think you're right.....unfortunately it does seem that everyone is out. I saw those 335's on ebay, however not sure if the 335 would fit the fenders as the car is LOW.....even if it did, it could create some understeer issues on my current setup.
my car sits at 26.5" from ground to fenders edge at rear, -2.5 deg camber, 335 RA1 is on now. fits fine but it is a lot of rubber, may be a bit too much. car handles fine from what I can say.
even if it would be lower in my setup outer tire edge is inside, no contact with fenders.

I'd hate to go back to R888's and the Nittos aren't really the right profile for the rear.
R888 is fine if you get them from frisbys, shaved to 4/32th. when they get worn to bars and mold starts to show up in center - they are gone. it gets pretty expensive this way, but, what you can do...
from what I can say based on AX times spec cars on new shaved R888 were decently fast. all in all only proper solution is to get trailer hitch if car cannot be towed and switch to hoosiers, kumho v710 or similar 'proper' tires.
Or just stop been too demanding, run on new 255/315 R888 and suffer first couple of sessions on them, as first 1-2 /32th of tread will shred off they will hold OK for a while.

Last edited by utkinpol; 05-17-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
Utkinpol, I do not believe I could get much for stock manual sport seats. I never thought of selling them though.

Also right now I'm not as gung-ho on getting the GT2 Sport Buckets after I re-sat in TrakCar's seats. My *** does not really fit deep down into these seats in comfort. I'm not fat...6'5" 227lbs....but I'm a big guy with a wide bone frame.
try to find a local shop to 'test fit' SPG XL. 'XL' is a critical part there. They are tight, but I am 6" 205lbs and I found them fine, I liked `em but, well, went with recaro CS as it adjusts/collapses and my car is not a track only car.

after I pulled seat out for couple of times I think I did a stupid thing with recaro CS - to pull seat in and out is easy. very easy. if your garage is large enough you can do it before event and after event put in stock seat back. it is a hassle but if you drive car on a street - none of proper solid bucket seats will work.

as of recaro CS - I love it, it is great, but no airbags. also - no holes in the base, so i run it with jet-pilot harness, not typical 6pt scrotch.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:02 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
race what you got, mike. and enjoy. don't get caught up in the reter/orange mist/izzy space race.
Easy for you to say. You're not the one getting dusted by them on a regular basis

They are the benchmark out there for anything short of a cup car.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let them do their thang. i enjoy watching them too.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Absolutely!

Also Mike, is it an option to leave the prosthesis in the paddock? Of course, you would have it on for driving to-and-fro, but then there are nowhere near the G forces on the street. Just a thought.
The leg comes off in about 10 seconds. I can drop my pants right in the pits standing there in my underwear and take it off....might freak out a lot of people though. Yes I would fit with it off...but the issue is I drive this car on the street too....I can't really be taking the leg on and off in public when I pull into a parking lot at a restaurant.

I have a lot of thinking and decisions to take soon about this issue.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by adfsouth
There are deals to be had on the 996 GT3 seats.....usually between $2k and $2.5k
I have a set of these available and above pricing will probably buy seats. All leather

PM me if interested or you need pictures
Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
I have a set of these available and above pricing will probably buy seats. All leather

it still would be good idea to try it all out first as he is quite tall and recaros usually sit a bit lower than gt3 buckets.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone of you watch guys looking for a like new Panerai Luminor Sub 12hr GMT let me know.

I'm selling mine to fund some Porsche GT2 Sport Bucket seats, GMG Roll Bar, Harnesses and installation for the lowly 09 Carrera S.

I posted it over on the Watch Forum....thanks!
List your watch on Paneristi.com. If there are any takers it would be on that forum. Great group over there if you didnt already know. Ive liquidated a few panerais in my days to fund motorcycles and other toys. Price it right and you will sell it in minutes...

Good luck with your safety mod project.

Cheers,
Carey
Old 05-17-2011, 03:14 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The leg comes off in about 10 seconds. I can drop my pants right in the pits standing there in my underwear and take it off....might freak out a lot of people though. Yes I would fit with it off...but the issue is I drive this car on the street too....I can't really be taking the leg on and off in public when I pull into a parking lot at a restaurant.

Mental image is overwhelming.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

You should keep it in the car and use it for point by's
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone

Hmmmmm. What kind of condition are they in?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FFaust
Mental image is overwhelming.
I'm quite the site for sure! LOL

Utkinpol I listed it on Paneristi and Time Zone...thanks. I think the issue is they do not know me on those forums.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I'm quite the site for sure! LOL

Utkinpol I listed it on Paneristi and Time Zone...thanks. I think the issue is they do not know me on those forums.
It should go on either of those sites. I would re-evaluate your pricing.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of 996 gt3 seats as well since that's been mentioned a few times

Quick Reply: Selling Panerai to Fund Seats Harness Roll Bar