997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Another 4.0 Allocation Sought. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:13 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Default Another 4.0 Allocation Sought. Help!

Ok- looks like my usual dealer may not get an allocation so I am scrambling. MSRP deal, no trade, ready to sign and place deposit. Doesn't matter to me where in the US it is coming from.

Kindly email or IM me if you know of one. MSRP+ deals are not considered.

Thanks in advance for helping fellow enthusiast!

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:48 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

checking for you now.
on second call.

E-mail sent

Last edited by 4porsh; 05-06-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: found one
Old 05-06-2011 | 09:00 PM
savyboy
Drifting

I have received some replies already and I thank you all for those!

But no closed deal.

Please note I will not pay over MSRP and I need you (dealer) to have a confirmed allocation in your system in order to proceed with a signed buyers order.
Old 05-06-2011 | 09:46 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

You are a crazy man! I like that! I should have retired 4 years ago and sold all my real estate!
Old 05-07-2011 | 12:45 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

go for it the garage of my dreams congrats !!!
Old 05-07-2011 | 01:44 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Damn savvy, you are the man. Will you be giving up anything in your garage before the 4.0 gets in
Old 05-07-2011 | 01:58 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Good job Pete, but you're still missing a Panamera.
Old 05-07-2011 | 02:02 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2011 | 02:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Damn savvy, you are the man. Will you be giving up anything in your garage before the 4.0 gets in
i doubt it.
pete's "garage" holds over 100 cars. he only has 4-5 cars. he's got a LOOOOOOONG way to go.
Old 05-07-2011 | 02:42 AM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Pete,

Have you called Andreas? Maybe he can help you with your Parting-with-Bens Exercise

Armando
Old 05-07-2011 | 10:48 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
You are a crazy man! I like that! I should have retired 4 years ago and sold all my real estate!
Timing is everything my friend /

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
go for it the garage of my dreams congrats !!!
Lol, thanks! Craziness I tell you!

Originally Posted by jenk12m
What is the point of putting forth great effort and taking risks if not to enjoy the fruit of the labors?

Flying Toaster is already trying to talk me into parting with my now track converted 3RS. But it is so darn good now I can't bear to. Maybe at the end of the season.

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Good job Pete, but you're still missing a Panamera.
Hmmmm, let me think about that...hmmm. Great car but not for me.

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Good luck!
Thanks! Me and a lot of other people will need it.

Originally Posted by mooty
i doubt it.
pete's "garage" holds over 100 cars. he only has 4-5 cars. he's got a LOOOOOOONG way to go.
Thankfully a lot of space is taken up with clients cars and CarreraGT's lovely new trailer... Besdies I am not a collector I am a driving enthusiast.

Originally Posted by ArcticGT3
Pete,

Have you called Andreas? Maybe he can help you with your Parting-with-Bens Exercise

Armando
Funny guy! Not only are you multi-lingual but the snark is strong too!

So far I have some strong leads and perhaps I can nail down something today. A particularly well respected dealer is in contact with me and we are moving forward. Some of my boardmates have contacted me looking to secure a solid allocation as well and I will try to help them too.

Once again this is a fine opportunity to recognize the rapacious scumbag dealers vs those who show integrity when the going gets tough. I will never forget the POS who are asking for $20k, $30k and $50k over. Now more than ever support dealers who support enthusiasts and take your business from the short-term profiteers.

Too bad the passion and vision of the man behind the GT and Cup program does not make it to those we must go through to buy the car:

"the new car is not an RSR on license plates and is not meant to be the new RS, and not meant to be a succesor to the glorious RS 3.8. We sold the 3.8 till some weeks back and I am not going to say to these customers that we have a much better product now and they have an "old" car.......because thats definitely not the case!
In reality the 4.0 project is meant to be a "good bye" edition to the 997 GT car era, based on an RS second gen. It still is an RS second gen., only with an "enriched RS flavour" by using parts of the 2RS and engine mods using the gained experience with the 4 Litre racemill.. Kind of a parts bin engineering, although at a very high level ;-).

The very difficult engineering part was to get full 500 hp out of the engine and still keep it street legal........upping the displacement to 4 Liters would have only yielded 470 to 475 hp.

The rest was hard engineering work: Crankshaft from RSR and Cup R (not derived, same part!), modified titanium rods, new intake manifold, heads with different cr than the RS 3.8, new airbox, new airfilter, less restrictive catalyst w. 300 cells, reinforced clutch, reeinforced cam adjusters, reeinforced chain tensioner, complete new ECU program and the list goes on. Result is an street legal normally aspirated engine with an honest 125 hp/l !That means 83 hp per cylinder.....compare that with any competition....durability is absolutely not affected, the engine is a tough as nails and will last, its really bulletproof. "

"So the RS 4.0 is not an all new car and I have no intention of selling it as such. Because it isn't and never was meant to be. Its a Gen II RS maxxed out, a final edition that salutes the 997 GT cars, "my cars". 600 cars to be made at a price that just adds the additional value of the hp and the -now standard- carbon stuff on the car. Too expensive? Come on! 50 horses more and all that superexpensive 2RS stuff, that car is a great value package! And then the limitation, the car is an investment long term! It might even be the next immortal RS next to the RS 2.7, a collectors item to be, the last action hero that ends an era of all time great cars......
I will most likely buy one myself (if my bank will allow me to do it ;-)), and will keep it forever, ....... " A.P.
Old 05-07-2011 | 11:21 AM
9972RS
Burning Brakes

I really need to ask this question:

why pay close to $200k when you can get an Fcar for just a little more?

There's the $125k price point which the 3.8RS was just above. Then there's the 200k mark, I say that's Ferrari land.
Old 05-07-2011 | 11:34 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9972RS

There's the $125k price point which the 3.8RS was just above. Then there's the 200k mark, I say that's Ferrari land.
You're right -- for $200K, why would anyone in their right mind buy a Ferrari when they could have a 4.0 RS?
Old 05-07-2011 | 11:44 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

on the config my spec was 191k, so I'd still have 9 k left over for ferrari clothing and other merch
Old 05-07-2011 | 11:52 AM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9972RS

Because those people can afford to also have a Ferrari if they choose to, that is if they do not own one or a few already. From experience, an RS is much more track-ready than most Ferraris.

Quick Reply: Another 4.0 Allocation Sought. Help!