Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Another 4.0 Allocation Sought. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:12 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

These threads are getting a little old. The price of ANY CAR is set by the laws of supply and demand. When I purchased my first 997GT3RS the price was substantially over MSRP. I have a good friend who is a Ferrari dealer and when the 430 spiders came out they were bringing 50k over MSRP. I asked him if I could get a car at MSRP. His response was...Rich I like you but I don't like you $50,000 worth.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

l.a. is the place....
never been there, maybe there's a reason.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Actually I end up buying most of my cars here in LA because the dealers here end up giving me the best deals. I am a shopper for price, so I do my part in shopping and comparisons. I have called dealers in places like Arizona, Las Vegas, Oregon, etc. They end up being harder to deal with when it comes to rare cars because they have no local competition and also may get very few if any of those cars. Also, they have less incentive to give me something special because i am not a local customer so they will not get any service business and may never get any repeat business on my "normal" car purchases.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pete is as core as they come. hands down

I thought I was hard core until I had the pleasure of meeting him.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
And don't forget plenums that add 25hp and "chips" that add "up to 30hp"

Pete after you buy it, the sky's the limit.. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeVlpF5Fccs
That is the race motor, the street 4,3l has been beating the circuits for the last 8 months and has just been announced for street GT3s......apparently it is rather fast

The reconstruction includes a changed crank shaft, oil pump, Titanium rods, piston (2- and/or 3-Ring), cylinder, water boxes, cylinder head preparation and a postprocessing of the crank shaft housing.

Further modifications concern the take in system, the valve drive, that more crookedly and the silencer system.

Through an adaptation undertaken individual at the test bed of the motor electronics on every single motor, the Tuningpaket perfectly is voted. A concluding achievement measurement at the stationary test bed is obligatory.

Later examples are itemized for the attainable achievements for different basis motors:

997 GT3 RS / Straße

Leistung: 393 kW / 534 PS bei 8500 U/min
Drehmoment: 517 Nm bei 5300 U/min
mit serienmäßiger Schalldämpferanlage
Old 05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

^Thanks for the warning, I will stick to my initial plan and not visit them at least for two years..
If I do, I know I 'll pull the trigger.

What's with the Godzilla? courtesy car ? : )
Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts

^Thanks for the warning, I will stick to my initial plan and not visit them at least for two years..
If I do, I know I 'll pull the trigger.
Sensible man......

What's with the Godzilla? courtesy car ? : )
Yeah....something like that
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
These threads are getting a little old. The price of ANY CAR is set by the laws of supply and demand. When I purchased my first 997GT3RS the price was substantially over MSRP. I have a good friend who is a Ferrari dealer and when the 430 spiders came out they were bringing 50k over MSRP. I asked him if I could get a car at MSRP. His response was...Rich I like you but I don't like you $50,000 worth.
Agreed with Rich. Not just cars, everything for sale obey this supply and demand law. But no new cars to me are worth more than MSRP. And no car dealers that I know is worth me paying even $10 more for his service.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,896 Likes on 976 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Well said.

Look, I am an entrepreneur and as such profit is never a dirty word. However- I also clearly make a distinction between one-time price gouging and constructing a deal that allows me to earn long time customer relationships.

If you as a dealer are so desparate to make an extra $XXk on one car, one time, that you have to price gouge the enthusiast core of your business, well then f uck you!

You know what happens to price gougers in natural disasters right? The greedy rapacious bastards see jail time. Think about it.

My "stable" (I hate that term) of cars listed below was purchased from ONE dealer 2000 miles away from me because they always treated me fairly. Porsche of N Olmsted Ohio. Chris Sanner and Chad Lozon. I would recommend them to anybody in the USA. As of this moment they don't have a 4.0 allocation otherwise this thread would not be here because it would be a done deal MSRP, no questions asked by either side.
Theoretically, I don't have a major issue if a dealer wants to try to sell a car above MSRP. I don't like it and have never bought a car above MSRP and never plan to but if they have a customer in line that will pay then more power to them.

On the other hand, I have a major problem with a dealer that commits to a sale and then goes back on their word. I assume that if they lie to me once, they'll do it again. Beyond the ethical breach, it also takes a customer out of the search - in my case for close to 6 months - when they could be sourcing a car from a more reputable dealer. And at the end of the day it just reflects very poorly on the Porsche brand.

I always try to support my local dealer first but due to Porsche's allocation process that almost never works. With my 3.8 RS I was fortunate to find a reputable dealer that played straight-up from start to finish. Unfortunately, they've confirmed that they're not getting a 4.0 RS allocation. So back to square one.

But persistence tends to pay off and I'm onto a solid lead thanks to a fellow forum member. Regardless, I'm confident of finding a car and will post up as soon as everything is confirmed.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

And don't forget plenums that add 25hp and "chips" that add "up to 30hp"

Pete after you buy it, the sky's the limit.. : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeVlpF5Fccs

RSR crank + 105.4mm pistons. The holy grail.

Quick Reply: Another 4.0 Allocation Sought. Help!