Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Leh Keen / VIR / GT-R / One-Lap / new Mich Super Sports...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

That particular C5 is WAY under powered I'm just amazed how fast those cars are per dollar invested.

The GTR puts up fabulous #s it's just just not my cup of tea and frankly neither is the C5 I was just trying to say that if you want results the C5 is a hard car to compete against. I'm sure a GTR set up for TTS would also rock

Congratulations on your one lap victory and you've clearly proven w/o question what a well setup GTR can do

Originally Posted by kingleh
Your comparing a full racecar on R comp hoosiers to a Full interior full weight street car on 300 treadware street tires...

2 TOTALLY different things... that C5 on street tires in onelap of america trim would not be very competitive.. Also that lap in the GTR was the 4th hot lap ever for the car before Turbo's and tuning of suspension.. the car would easily go 57s now at VIR...

Fun to drive is a personal opinion... i can tell you that I think sub 2:00 at VIR on street rubber is VERY FUN!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Leh, do you mind share the specs on that 996 RS, car or whatever it is ?

thank you.
I'd love to hear about this as well. In the videos I've seen the other cars look incredibly slow.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Fritz Flynn
Rennlist Member

Leh,
I just read that post again and realized you said there were no turbo or susp mods to the car when you ran the 1.59 lap which is amazing.

However other than the wing which is obvious I assume you turned up the boost, tuned, took some weight out etc....? I know you're a driving wizard but I'm also hoping that car had at least 480 at the wheels or despite the boring drive I may have to get one as well LOL.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:34 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - that is amazing. What all is actually done to the car in that 1:59 run? Is that a new 2012 or 1st gen? Leh, I continue to be amazed at your driving!

Fritz - don't let Wally's car fool you. His engine might be at 345, but it does very good on torque (only hp matters in ST with NASA) and he's been sorting that thing out for a long time!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Leh, do you mind share the specs on that 996 RS, car or whatever it is ?

thank you.
the car is a factory 996 GT3 RS racecar... stock specs...
Old 05-11-2011, 12:11 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Leh, Congratulations !!!

You guys dominated OneLap like nobody has done it before. I thought that the GTR was going to break due to its weight and the miles you put during OneLap, but it proved to be a solid car. It was faster than the modified 996 GT2 you ran last year. I have a new level of respect for the Godzilla thingy.

The Daytona results were shocking, such a gap to between 1st and 2nd place (35 secs faster on the first race).

I watched the drifting video on AxisofOversteer.com, that was fun to see a Godzilla drifting.

Porsches were nowhere near the radar this year, despite of a 2011 Turbo S and a 2011 GT3 RS in the race. The 2nd place overall Porsche just got a bump from the Wet skid pad 1st event, but it was 2 time zones behind during all the track events compared the GTR.

Good job at the autocross as well, holding the lead against a well prepared Civic, 1/2 the weight of the GTR, built for autoX on street tires and driven my a multi SCCA National Champion. I didn't see this one coming.
the boys at Topspeed Motorsports did an amazing job building and prepping the car.... we had ZERO issues and were the fastest car in the field.. the 2nd and 3rd fastest cars both had major issues...

The GTR loved it out there on track.. we ran only 18 psi but that is still good for 600+ wheel hp....

The car was just amazing to drive.. from Daytona to the AutoX it did everything right..!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:17 AM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fritz Flynn
Leh,
I just read that post again and realized you said there were no turbo or susp mods to the car when you ran the 1.59 lap which is amazing.

However other than the wing which is obvious I assume you turned up the boost, tuned, took some weight out etc....? I know you're a driving wizard but I'm also hoping that car had at least 480 at the wheels or despite the boring drive I may have to get one as well LOL.

Yea... at the VIR test it was our first test... We had stock Turbo's on... actually the engine was stock other then exhaust and a tune.... as for the suspension it was stock shocks and sway bars.. with KW sleeve kit... We ended up doing STILLEN sway bars but kep stock shocks because they work very well for a street tire....

the car was a little over 500 at the wheels.. but had full interior and full weight..! it scaled in a little over 3900...

Quick Reply: Leh Keen / VIR / GT-R / One-Lap / new Mich Super Sports...