Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston
View Poll Results: Seats for 3-5x track days & leisurely summer driving?
Recaro Pro Racer SPG Hans XL
4.26%
997 GT2 CF Buckets
74.47%
996 GT2 CF Buckets
4.26%
OEM Sport Adaptive Seats (already have)
17.02%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Questions about Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:12 AM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Wow, these are quite the lop-sided poll results in favor of the GT2 seats! Didn't expect that.

I guess they're the fan favorite around here, which I find surprising since it seems to be the first thing that many of my friends and family complain about when they ride in the GT3. Personally, I love them. Folding feature is very useful for utilizing the back for cargo or when you need to fuss around with the roll bar/harness/camera/data acquisition or whatever else is mounted back there. Seat height is just perfect for my 5'9 180lb frame so I can see why anyone taller would find them not low enough.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Great advice everyone. I guess the one thing that holds me back is waffling between upgrading to an RS outfitted with 997 GT2 seats, roll cage and harness,...

I am pretty happy with my car at the moment and hearing all that about seats and fit really helps. I am 5'9" with a 36" waist and around 205 lbs. So, it looks like the 997 GT2 buckets will be ideal. I think I'll start off with the tequipment roll cage and toe links until I see how my 90-day life changing diet comes into play starting June 1st. Will make a decision on RS or upgrade seats and harness when I am nearing Targa Newfoundland in September.

Just curious - what is pricing new and resale of 997 GT2 seats? Insights appreciated and thanks everyone for the comments.

Thanks Sam for reminding me about the sports versus the sport adaptives. I always liked the sport seats.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Keep in mind that the GT2 Sport Buckets are the only seat that accepts a harness and still has the side impact air bag. If you still drive your GT3 on the street you should think twice and talk to your insurance agent about modifying the federally approved air bag system in your car. If you get into a wreck on the street with aftermarket seats with side impact air bag and your car comes stock with them.... lawyers and your insurance company will have a field day with you.

Quick Reply: Questions about Seats