Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Your advice: 7.1 GT3 & Porsche of North Houston

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Land Jet
HAHA, I worked at that dealership in the late 70's. It was owned by a German named Wellman at that time. Anyone know if he's still there?
Porsche of North Houston didn't exist in the 70's, not in that name, ownership, nor location.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:52 AM
Ducati5150
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks again for the continued responses! Drove down to Houston Saturday to check it out in person and test drive. Everything appears to be in order - my only lingering concern is multiple owners and the fact the car has seen significant track time - rotors were replaced as part of the CPO process due to 3-4mm cracking. Planning to take it to Rensport in Sealy this week for the PPI. Thought it interesting the salesrep was unable to provide the DME - something about mechanics not available on a Saturday? Have to admit everyone there has been very easy to work with and extremely accommodating.

Assuming DME comes back with few to no over revs - what other gotcha's do I need to be mindful of (specific to the GT3)?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
DrDrilZ
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

there is a cpo 07 gt3 with less than 4000 miles at hennessy in atlanta. original msrp was about $135k. i think they were asking high 80's. car is carrara white
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be worried that the car has seen the track. If you think about it, a owner who tracks their car is going to pay much more attention to it then someone who doesn't making sure everything is in working order and replacing fluids much more often. As far as not being able to print the DME, most dealerships service bays aren't open on Saturdays. Occaisonally there is a tech or two at my local dealership on Saturday. but they are usually working on their own car.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
Don't be worried that the car has seen the track. If you think about it, a owner who tracks their car is going to pay much more attention to it then someone who doesn't making sure everything is in working order and replacing fluids much more often. As far as not being able to print the DME, most dealerships service bays aren't open on Saturdays. Occaisonally there is a tech or two at my local dealership on Saturday. but they are usually working on their own car.
+1

Quick Reply: Your advice: 7.1 GT3 & Porsche of North Houston